Space Mountain Predictions! ;)

janoimagine

I would be blown away if they didnt have new cars, especially ones that could fit more than 6 people. And werent they talking about onboard audio, which would imply new cars?

On board audio is dead as far as everyone knows. That would require heavier cars, and as a result new support system and track, of which we got neither. The current ride vehicles will remain.

EvilQueen-T

i've seen disney promotional video for "sm mission 2" in paris and they have shoulder harnesses similar to rockin' roller coaster. i wonder what kind of changes would have to take place to require those?

does anyone know if besides wdw and dl are the other space mountains [at the non-usa parks] bigger/faster more modern roller coaster like? just wondering and counting the days (77 days feel like FOREVER right now) until i get sprinkled with pixie dust in person.

janoimagine

i've seen disney promotional video for "sm mission 2" in paris and they have shoulder harnesses similar to rockin' roller coaster. i wonder what kind of changes would have to take place to require those?

A loop for one, DPL's Space Mountain has an inversion, and has a catapault launch system, similar to RRC at DHS.

_Scar

They should light up our space mountain. Maybe at night it could be blacked out with LEDS and have HD projectors project a galaxy on the montain which could illuminate TLand, and offer more eye candy for resort on lookers.

the-reason14

It will have an enclosed que when it re-opens, thats already been stated by several of the insiders on this site, and by a few who have seen some of the video clips from the re-opened TTA.

Really!? Cool, I hope they still make it to where you can look up and see somehow. IMO thats part of the excitement. But thats a step in the right direction. Now for the music..........

EPCOT Explorer

I predict the majority will be vastly underwhelmed.
In that same vein, I predict that people will complain, and WDWMagic will have only 9238479823749827394 threads on the subject.:lol:

They should light up our space mountain. Maybe at night it could be blacked out with LEDS and have HD projectors project a galaxy on the montain which could illuminate TLand, and offer more eye candy for resort on lookers.

I agree. I'm hoping this comes true, seeing that the TTA can already change colors. Would only make visual sense if SM did too?:D

Exprcoofto

I'm predicting:

-Changes to the loading area (it's closed in now, plus I'm assuming for safety issues there will be gates before you board... so it might get some re-theming)

-Painted/Updated Props (FX-1, Post Show, etc)

-Possible changes to the unloading and post-show. Not sure about this though. I would like to see it, especially the part at the end with you showing up on the TV...

-Also hoping for the orange looking poles out front of space mountain to get more of a metal "tomorrowland" feel to match the rest of the land

I'm not expecting any changes to the ride itself. A new lift system and SOME form of audio (along track or mountain-wide) would be nice, but I extremely doubt it.

EPCOT Explorer

I'm predicting:

-Changes to the loading area (it's closed in now, plus I'm assuming for safety issues there will be gates before you board... so it might get some re-theming)

-Painted/Updated Props (FX-1, Post Show, etc)

-Possible changes to the unloading and post-show. Not sure about this though. I would like to see it, especially the part at the end with you showing up on the TV...

-Also hoping for the orange looking poles out front of space mountain to get more of a metal "tomorrowland" feel to match the rest of the land

I'm not expecting any changes to the ride itself. A new lift system and SOME form of audio (along track or mountain-wide) would be nice, but I extremely doubt it.

I hope so. Those things look horrid.:lol:

Exprcoofto

I just don't see how games could work in a queue like SM. It works good in Soarin' because it's more of a crowd and they top the line while the game plays. In SM, the line is always moving. Unless they decide to stop it before it splits and have some kind of game? I'm very intrigued, but curious as how it could work.

JEANYLASER

This is what I think will happen:

• New queue lighting
  • New lifthill lighting (not sure)
  • new exterior signs
  • off board audio (including DL's 2005 music)
  • Exterior Lighting Package (not sure)
  • quiet lifthill chain
  • darker ride
  • safety air gates
  • freshly painted rockets
  • new re-entry tunnel
  • overflow queue
Am I missing anything? Hopefully the queue and TTA music stays in place...I think it will. :D:wave:

Awesome idea! I was thinking the same way too!:D: :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom