SPACE MOUNTAIN- I assure you, we are SOFT re-OPEN!!!

jt04

Looks very meh to me. :shrug:

While the queue looks better, the actual ride sounds to be exactly the same.

Such a shame that the same management team that screwed up wiith the LoW situation is also given a very "meh" Space Mountain preview to keep our comments from returning to the LoW.

Yeah it's a conspiracy :lookaroun

:lol:

magicmaya

At least we have this...:rolleyes::cry::cry::fork:

Space-Mountain-DIsney-World-730011.jpg

instead of this! :D:sohappy:

Space_Mountain_night.JPG

:lookaroun:rolleyes:

EPCOT Explorer

Such a shame that the same management team that screwed up wiith the LoW situation is also given a very "meh" Space Mountain preview to keep our comments from returning to the LoW.
Why would that distract us? I'm still furious about it, and it's still wrong.

Keep the momentum going. Tweet for a better SM, too.:D

jt04

Very, very, very nice aesthetic changes to Space Mountain. It looks VERY sleek, very up to date, and very much "in" themed. I like it. The rest of Tomorrowland should look like this.

As we knew, the ride didn't and would not change that much. That's the shame here....We could have had a whole new, 21st Century Experience to MATCH 21st Century Aesthetics.

The same goes for the lighting. No excuse for not adding that...yet. But that might happen yet, seeing they are still cleaning, and this is still a soft opening.

My final thought? Great job WDI for making things look nice on a small budget. The work you did looks amazing. SHAME, however on TDO, and those who slash budgets, and those who get in the way of giving us a whole packaged deal.

Hope that there is more to come.:D....Can't wait to ride the damn thing.:hurl::lookaroun

I'd agree with all of this but the new FL has appeased me.

It does look fantastic considering the budget. I'm convinced we will see plussing in the future. I'm also convinced we are seeing the future of Tomorrowland so to speak.

By the way, it's also possible that there are effects that have not been activated for the soft openings. At least that is what I'm hoping.

the-reason14

Woah, the exit sign looks kinda walmarty. But so far, Im liking the changes. All except the green wall. But yes, so excited. The better Space mt. just got better. Yea. cant wait. :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Twitter is not letting up!

However, don't think TDO is not crafty enough to try and distract the fanbois with the reopening of SM.

You know, I don't want to give TDO that much credit either. But I also don't believe in coincidences....

Main Street USA

and yet it manages to be a much better effect than what you see in the second picture. as Lee said, that picture was taken with the work lights on.. I thought you had ridden DL's SM :dazzle:

I think some of you need to take a deep breath, maybe step away from the computer and realize some people are going to dislike the refurb and some are going to love it. personal opinion :shrug: no need to get so worked up over it.
I have. I don't even remember the reentry tunnel. What does that tell you? Not all that memorable. She posted a comparison pic. It looks cheap and pathetic. So I said so.

EPCOT Explorer

Twitter is not letting up!

However, don't think TDO is not crafty enough to try and distract the fanbois with the reopening of SM.
They are not.:D

LoW is still a very big issue.

I'd agree with all of this but the new FL has appeased me.

It does look fantastic considering the budget. I'm convinced we will see plussing in the future. I'm also convinced we are seeing the future of Tomorrowland so to speak.

By the way, it's also possible that there are effects that have not been activated for the soft openings. At least that is what I'm hoping.
What does FL have to do with this?

Don't know about Plussing...but nothing shocks me. And yes, I would think that this might be the future of TL.

Effects? Maybe....But they should and would want to test them.

Love the back story, BTW....SS75 is awesome. I just wish that main poster said SPACE MOUNTAIN, not Space Station....It would just work better in that one instance, at least.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I've been to Disneyland once since the refurb, and I don't remember the reentry tunnel, that means it isn't impressive in my eyes. Otherwise, I'd know what I saw. I've seen the ride on youtube, too. Doesn't look good there either.

Wow, I was blown away by DL's re-entry tunnel, and it's the thing that sticks with me the most about how much cooler DL's is compared to WDW's

Main Street USA

Wow, I was blown away by DL's re-entry tunnel, and it's the thing that sticks with me the most about how much cooler DL's is compared to WDW's
Really? Huh. Maybe I sneezed or something on the way through. All I really remember thinking about DL's is that it was "different."

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Gotta agree with that. If they extended this type of theming throughout Tomorrowland we would really be in for a treat. I know some may be tired of hearing it, but it would really help a lot of people feel a littlebetter about Horizons.

I agree. Simply extending the theming throughout TL is one of those little things that takes neither a lot of effort or money, but can indeed make a nice difference. It's difficult for me though to think that this would happen, though I'm still hopeful.....

TURKEY

Exactly.

I see lots of changes to the queue/preshow and postshow, but not much for the ride itself.

Yay for video games. :rolleyes:

So far, some say the ride is a bit smoother, others don't. It's darker (a plus), and the astronauts were refurbed. Anything else with the actual ride itself?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom