SPACE MOUNTAIN- I assure you, we are SOFT re-OPEN!!!

WEDMagic

Support beams... Look closer and you will see light reflected on the dark blue on the farthest side.

Ahh yes support beams, I blew it up in photoshop to look at it better and to harden it to see the edges. Im dumb late at night after lots of work sorry, gonna head to WDW this week to get on SM before my wedding...busy week

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
Underwater vista...
4102778469_8440dbbeb8_b.jpg

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
Once again, sorry about the quality of some of these, this is what happens when you're taking pictures in a hurry with a camera phone...
4102778477_2ed32eb875_b.jpg

WDW1974

Why so negative? It being the same coaster doesn't make it tired, it makes it a classic. Atleast they did something to it. Like it or hate it, its been refreshed. I fail to see any positive in any of you're posts or threads. If you wished they would have gutted it, get over it, they didnt. But what's there now, even you must admit is better than what was there before.

Better is very subjective.

I'd certainly say the queue has been refreshed. And new paint and lighting is all good.

But beyond that? They did basically nothing.

This is a 23-page (and counting) post giving Disney kudos for doing a very, very basic rehab ... and one where track work and asbestos removal were the two biggest factors ... nothing that affects the quality of the attraction/experience.

I just don't get the foaming and drooling and breathles panting/posting.

Space Mountain, which should have been brought into the 21st century, was cleaned and freshened up in the most basic and cheap of ways.

Nothing more.

And when TDO sees threads like this, it certainly doesn't make them think they need to spend money to impress the fan community.

Not good ... but let the droolfest continue.:xmas:

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
Also the title of a song on the Official Album that doesn't actually seem to played anywhere in Tomorrowland...
4102778485_61e342e865_b.jpg

Exprcoofto

Better is very subjective.

I'd certainly say the queue has been refreshed. And new paint and lighting is all good.

But beyond that? They did basically nothing.

This is a 23-page (and counting) post giving Disney kudos for doing a very, very basic rehab ... and one where track work and asbestos removal were the two biggest factors ... nothing that affects the quality of the attraction/experience.

I just don't get the foaming and drooling and breathles panting/posting.

Space Mountain, which should have been brought into the 21st century, was cleaned and freshened up in the most basic and cheap of ways.

Nothing more.

And when TDO sees threads like this, it certainly doesn't make them think they need to spend money to impress the fan community.

Not good ... but let the droolfest continue.:xmas:

You make it sound like everyone is drooling over this, which is false because there are several people here that aren't pleased. I'm happy with what Imagineering did with what they were allowed, but I'm not happy because it could've been 100x better. Updates to the queue and post show are all good, but what about the middle chunk - the actual ride? Let's hope more changes come to SM in future years, but I'm thinking it might not happen unless we see some series changes with TDO, which is also unlikely.

NewfieFan

NEWSFLASH! Your opinion does not matter!

NEWSFLASH! If my opinion doesn't matter than neither does yours.

No, not really. It doesn't.

But some people are very easily pleased.:xmas:

What would please you? Just b/c you're mad with the whole "World" the rest of us are not allowed to enjoy small pleasures!?! Are we not allowed to comment on the pre and post show? Maybe some of us actually like it... or should we all just b*#ch and complain all the time. Would that please you?

I don't get you! :confused:

WDW1974

No, I think I'm one of the few here that is not drinking the WDW Kool Aid. I never would have thought in a million years that anyone that had ridden the newest version of Disneyland's Space Mountain could possibly like WDW's version better. Disneyland's is smoother, sleeker and has a much better finale. The music makes a world of difference also. Everybody on here that continues to defend this very basic rehab helps TDO justify their low standards.

TDO loves this thread. Guaranteed.

Bottom line is the typical WDW fan of 2009 is far less discerning than their counterparts in Anaheim or most of us who experienced WDW in its first 25 years.

Someone may like the coaster layout better in Orlando, but the overall attraction and experience is worlds better at DL ... But even that shouldn't be the point here.

It's that Disney barely did anything and the fanbois are all thrilled because WDI placed some Easter eggs in the queue ... seriously, that crap is getting as tiresome as Obvious Mickeys.

I know I am an unsual Spirit because I experience/enjoy attractions based on their quality, not some inane little hidden detail in the queue. If it's there, great. But I don't base my opinion on it.

Just when I thought this place might be getting saner ...:xmas:

jt04

Like this...:D

horizonsfuturehouse.jpg

horizonshouse.jpg

So far my favorite enhancement. Looking forward to seeing the HD photos because even seeing it in person it's too brief. But T-Land now has two "Cities of the Future" and hopefully more are on the way. Some truly amazing and fun adds. Beyond my expectations so far.

EPCOT Explorer

So far my favorite enhancement. Looking forward to seeing the HD photos because even seeing it in person it's too brief. But T-Land now has two "Cities of the Future" and hopefully more are on the way. Some truly amazing and fun adds. Beyond my expectations so far.

For post show, and preshow, yes. Mine, too. It's nice.

But the issue here is ride experience. NOTHING has changed there...and that's terrible.

WDW1974

Esp. when every post he makes is negative.
It seems that everything disney does in this decade isn't good enough for him. Clearly anyone with good judgement can say that the refurbished space mt. is better than what was there before.

That's bull-hit plain and simple. When I write positive stuff, no one acknowledges it and it dies. Plenty that Disney does is 'good enough' for me.

But this droolfest (I haven't seen posts generate so much activity here since the Marvel deal was announced) is really too much.

There is almost nothing substantively new/different/improved.

Those are the facts from folks who are reporting and have ridden.

All this foaming is over things like lime green signage, games in the queue and post-show.

Again, does that make Space Mountain better than a year ago? Likely.

But certainly not in a major way. :xmas:

jt04

For post show, and preshow, yes. Mine, too. It's nice.

But the issue here is ride experience. NOTHING has changed there...and that's terrible.

I don't think we know that for sure yet. Yes the track layout is the same (which I'm OK with) but we really haven't had a good description of the ride itself. Is it just darkness? Are the stars improved? Are there any projections? Is the track smooth? I've heard it is smooth and others say it's unchanged. So, juries still out IMO concerning the ride itself.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom