SPACE MOUNTAIN- I assure you, we are SOFT re-OPEN!!!

WDW1974

I'm certainly not suggesting they be "clones" I'm merely holding TDO up to the same standards that the rest of the company maintains. Our SM could be completely different for all I care I just want it to be in the same class of attraction in terms of quality and experience. WDW SM is not fresh at all. It is still the same bumpy ride that reminds me of an old Wild Mouse coaster in bad condition. Yes they have put on some makeup - something you would expect them to do on a routine basis - but it is still the same ride experience underneath.

What's the saying about makeup on a pig?:xmas:

EPCOT Explorer

I don't think we know that for sure yet. Yes the track layout is the same (which I'm OK with) but we really haven't had a good description of the ride itself. Is it just darkness? Are the stars improved? Are there any projections? Is the track smooth? I've heard it is smooth and others say it's unchanged. So, juries still out IMO concerning the ride itself.

It does not look good, but yes, there is still time for a change, seeing that this is a SO.

But, think about it. Why would they open something without all the new effects not on? :rolleyes: Because there aren't any? That's the logical conclusion, I make.

And Matt, Mr.EPCOT, says that it's not THAT much smoother. I don't doubt him.:wave:

Exprcoofto

I like our lift. Makes ours unique....but I am all for tech upgrades.

100% YES on the re-entry. The vids make it look beautiful.
I am more of a fan of DL's lifthill tunnel, especially how it uses projection to make it feel like your rotating. Show scenes are great and all, but I'm also a fan of the tunnel.

Question to WDW1974- What would make WDW's space mountain better than DL's in your opinion?

jt04

It does not look good, but yes, there is still time for a change, seeing that this is a SO.

But, think about it. Why would they open something without all the new effects not on? :rolleyes: Because there aren't any? That's the logical conclusion, I make.

And Matt, Mr.EPCOT, says that it's not THAT much smoother. I don't doubt him.:wave:

I don't doubt him either but two other posters say it's very smooth. Of course that style track can only be so smooth. In any case, I'm impressed with what I've seen so far. I don't care how others spin it. It's great in my eyes.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I don't doubt him either but two other posters say it's very smooth. Of course that style track can only be so smooth. In any case, I'm impressed with what I've seen so far. I don't care how others spin it. It's great in my eyes.

Smoothness also relies on what part of the train you're on, on most coasters the front will be a lot smoother than the back, and with SM having 2 split cars, probably even moreso

WDW1974

Yes, I know. I remember it being so much better when I was a kid in the 90s. And that's not just because I was a kid, it's because it WAS so much better. But somewhere along the line, someone new came in and then something small got cut. No one said anything, so something else got cut. Still nothing was said. The cuts kept getting bigger, the cash kept flowing in, and the grins on TDO became twisted.

It's what I term Walmarting.

Kevin Yee calls it Declining By Degrees.

It's a little cut here, a small slash there, a disappearing act over there ... and they're all just 'little things' ... but over time they add up to a greatly diminished product.

And a new generation of dumbed down fans with much lower and simpler expectations for what a WDW experience is supposed to be.

Oh look ... they're painting a wall. Kudos to TDO! Who says WDW is stale?
:xmas:

Exprcoofto

It's what I term Walmarting.

Kevin Yee calls it Declining By Degrees.

It's a little cut here, a small slash there, a disappearing act over there ... and they're all just 'little things' ... but over time they add up to a greatly diminished product.

And a new generation of dumbed down fans with much lower and simpler expectations for what a WDW experience is supposed to be.

Oh look ... they're painting a wall. Kudos to TDO! Who says WDW is stale?
:xmas:

Nobody should praise TDO over a wall being painted, that should be expected maintenance :lol:

jt04

But that's how YOU spin it....and frankly, that's expected.:lol:

Spin implies you don't believe what you are saying but rather being political. I had nothing good to say about the tree or purple bathrooms, as I think that was not up to snuff. I just call it as I see it. I'm not locked into a viewpoint as are some posters. You know the ones who are always looking for anything to validate their viewpoint while ignoring anything that doesn't. :rolleyes:

EpcoTim

spin implies you don't believe what you are saying but rather being political. I had nothing good to say about the tree or purple bathrooms, as i think that was not up to snuff. I just call it as i see it. I'm not locked into a viewpoint as are some posters. You know the ones who are always looking for anything to validate their viewpoint while ignoring anything that doesn't. :rolleyes:

lol

EPCOT Explorer

Spin implies you don't believe what you are saying but rather being political. I had nothing good to say about the tree or purple bathrooms, as I think that was not up to snuff. I just call it as I see it. I'm not locked into a viewpoint as are some posters. You know the ones who are always looking for anything to validate their viewpoint while ignoring anything that doesn't. :rolleyes:
So, a paragraph long definition of "Confirmation Bias"? Nice job.:rolleyes::lol:

Which is exactly what you are attempting to do...Shove all the bad stuff under the rug, while you exemplify and praise the minutia. BOTH, should have their limelight. Not just the good...because there is bad here. And that's unfortunate.

Just calling it as I see it. :D

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
I'm confused, did I just get off of Delta DreamFlight?
4103671720_d34902e4b4_b.jpg

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I'm confused, did I just get off of Delta DreamFlight?
Nice :lol:

I`ll be riding this time in 2 weeks. Expect complete coverage of course, and though doubtless people will beat me to a full opening report, I`ll also post what we could have had ride-wise as it was explained to me almost 2 years ago.

jt04

So, a paragraph long definition of "Confirmation Bias"? Nice job.:rolleyes::lol:

Which is exactly what you are attempting to do...Shove all the bad stuff under the rug, while you exemplify and praise the minutia. BOTH, should have their limelight. Not just the good...because there is bad here. And that's unfortunate.

Just calling it as I see it. :D

Yes, the tree and purple bathroom are sub par. How is that shoving it under the rug?:rolleyes::shrug:

I offer praise and criticism.:)

The doomers only find fault. They are the spinners.:hurl:

EPCOT Explorer

Yes, the tree and purple bathroom are sub par. How is that shoving it under the rug?:rolleyes::shrug:

I offer praise and criticism.:)

The doomers only find fault. They are the spinners.:hurl:

You comment on only certain things sometimes...and it's mostly praise. How many times have you ended a post with "Way to go, TDO" :lol::shrug:

Have you noticed that not even your favorite Doomer, 74, has found some praise? Mind you, there is still fault here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom