SPACE MOUNTAIN- I assure you, we are SOFT re-OPEN!!!

Jasonflz

Oh, wow thanks I didn't notice that. Has it always played in queue? I only remember it being in the TTA. Nice that the Entry and 3rd Tunnel is in too. Still wish they would play it on the TTA as well, but at this point it really is a lost cause anyway.

:D It sure was.

So far this refurb has exceeded my expectations.

One thing however, there is no music in the post show anymore. I am wondering if Disney would actually keep it like this or maybe we are getting some new music for it.

Expo_Seeker40

There is music and effects in the postshow, but the video was taken when the ride went 101 and the journey through time and space stopped lol.

"-em" at the place where people laugh took this nice picture of the zig zag tunnel, notice how fresh and clean the star window is. HOWEVER, what is really interesting to me is that the large explorer vehicle prop that used to be on the standby side has moved over to the fastpass side, and the satelite piece is still there in the window, but no astronauts are holding it anymore.

10qkopl.jpg

jt04

Something that bothered me, then realised why it was like that....

The flatscreen TV's in all the scenes in the post show annoyed me at first, then I realised these are mockups of destinations serviced by SP75 to entince those damn galaxy m31ers. :lol:

The original Space Mountain post show, the home of future living, also had signs detailing every scene in the post show.

Yes, incredible reimagining of the post show. Brilliant. I am very impressed with the overlay and theme of the attraction. It's a lot of fun and I think it will really resonate with the average guest.

Still not sure about the ride itself. The details of any new effects and general descriptions of the ride experience are lacking.

jt04

Not sure if anyone has answered your question yet but is this the Horizons reference?

I think it might be something to do with the vista just left of that scene, :shrug:
queue4.jpg

3013jhj.jpg

(and is that a model of SSE in the background on the table??)

Hmmm :lookaroun

Skyway

Same video.... on the same 4 screens??? Shame.

I wouldn't jump to that conclusion just yet.

Unless you wanted old stock footage of the pre-refurbed ride, then a new safety video could not be shot until the queue and boarding area was complete. (We wouldn't want the ladder showing up in a safety video, would we?). Also, they probably wanted to ensure the ride's safety before loading actors on to the trains.

I bet a new safety video was shot in just the past week or so, if they have even done it yet. (They could also be waiting to see how the new load configuration works before committing to a safety video.)

But aside from that, Martin, awesome job keeping us updated on the inner workings at SM!

hpyhnt 1000

Oooh, Mesa Verde; nice little mention there. I also like the references to Alpha Centauri at the entrance (the sister destination to Brava Centauri by any chance? :lookaroun) :D

I must say, the queue, load area, and post show really do look wonderful. Its a shame TDO got cheap and cut out the major track/on-ride refurb that were planned. :( Still, on the whole, I think we can say this has been a decent refurb of SM. Not the overhaul we may have wanted, but a good refreshing nonetheless. :eek:

krankenstein

Nice Mesa Verde reference!!! :D

I don't understand why everyone is getting so excited about a new post show some cleaning, bulb replacement, queue games, and a new roof on the load. What they did in 7 months (besides the technical part and track reinforcement) should be continually done during 3rd shift. They should not wait for the 7 months of downtime to update what was done during the rehab.

I'm withholding final judgement until I ride in December, but so far it looks the about like it did before. :shrug:

DisneyParksFan1

Nice Mesa Verde reference!!! :D

I don't understand why everyone is getting so excited about a new post show some cleaning, bulb replacement, queue games, and a new roof on the load. What they did in 7 months (besides the technical part and track reinforcement) should be continually done during 3rd shift. They should not wait for the 7 months of downtime to update what was done during the rehab.

I'm withholding final judgement until I ride in December, but so far it looks the about like it did before. :shrug:

Well, I think before the refurb began they said it was simply a maintenance type of thing. We never really promised anything grand scale.

krankenstein

Well, I think before the refurb began they said it was simply a maintenance type of thing. We never really promised anything grand scale.

The thing about it though is that we should have at the very least expected this. IMO, TDO (not WDI) have fallen extremely short of where our (the fans) expectations should be. :shrug:

Exprcoofto

The thing about it though is that we should have at the very least expected this. IMO, TDO (not WDI) have fallen extremely short of where our (the fans) expectations should be. :shrug:

Yup, they sure have and it's a shame it is that way. I hope it changes, but I don't see it happening. I am happy that Imagineers did a do a good job with what they had to work with though.

DisneyParksFan1

Yes indeed, ever since the 100 Years of Magic ended, they began to forget about the fans. Perfect example, haven't we had the same parade for over 8 or 9 years?

All in all, I love the Space Mt. refurb though. At least we got something, but I'm still hoping to get a DL-like refurb in the coming years.

I'm pretty sure the imagineers have great ideas in store for WDW but TDO just won't let them fullfill them, I heard that John Lasseter had to convince TDO or Jay Rasulo, I forget who it was, to let us have the FYL expansion. So there could have been more to the expansion, but TDO probably didn't let them. They just want the money. One thing I don't understand though is, if WDW gets the most money being the most visited park in the world, why don't they spend all that money they get on attractions, and new parades, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom