SPACE MOUNTAIN- I assure you, we are SOFT re-OPEN!!!

EPCOT Explorer

Another quick note....The font/script used in all the signs. VERY cool stuff....Very retro, and very sleek. I would like to see more of this retro/jazzy/sleek/space look in TL.:D

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
Sorry, everyone, I'm trying to upload the rest of the photos, but Flickr is giving me trouble, please bear with me...

huntzilla

Another quick note....The font/script used in all the signs. VERY cool stuff....Very retro, and very sleek. I would like to see more of this retro/jazzy/sleek/space look in TL.:D

I agree EE, this gives me hope they are not just sticking with but adding even more of that sci-fi city theme. The text is very TL '94 esque imo. I'm trying to remember where I've seen that script around in Tomorrowland before, Rocketeer Plaza? Some of the posters?

SMRT-1

Um ... sorry, but I've been reading the report.

I don't see any major changes at all...

I'd love to know how a tired, old coaster with new paint and refreshed queue is somehow anything close to being labeled immense.

But judging by all the attention it is getting (as the fanbois show how they have the attention span of kitties chasing a flashlight beam), maybe I missed something.

NEWSFLASH! Your opinion does not matter!

Space Mountain looks great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whylightbulb

Um, no. Not even close. Clearly you don't read or comprehend things well......OR you're in complete denial about being just a hair wrong about this refurb.

SM got immensely better, and I'm pretty sure you know it. You'd simply never be able to be man enough to admit you MIGHT have been just a LITTLE wrong about this. It's sad, yet funny, all at the same time! :lol:
Seriously I don't get it. I agree with 74. This is just a basic rehab and comes far short of what should have been done at least 10 years ago.

nerdboyrockstar

I know anything is an improvement and I'm happy enough with the changes.. but maybe I didn't keep up with the announcements of budget being slashed but I still think this is really underwhelming.

It was closed for how long for a refurbishment which, above all, I heard at first would have on-board audio and new effects... and it's still the oldest looking Space Mountain in the world? And most of you are okay with this?

diddy_mouse

Thanks to everyone for the photos and updates!

It's always interesting to see things while they are still in the soft-opening stage. Oh how I remember SSE... Anyway, I can't wait to see it myself in the not too distant future...:D

whylightbulb

You must be drinking the same Kool Aid then. :lol:
No, I think I'm one of the few here that is not drinking the WDW Kool Aid. I never would have thought in a million years that anyone that had ridden the newest version of Disneyland's Space Mountain could possibly like WDW's version better. Disneyland's is smoother, sleeker and has a much better finale. The music makes a world of difference also. Everybody on here that continues to defend this very basic rehab helps TDO justify their low standards.

PhantomX

In the orlando attractions video the AA figures in the post show werent moving even though they used to. Do they still move or have they become static figures??

SMRT-1

No, I think I'm one of the few here that is not drinking the WDW Kool Aid. I never would have thought in a million years that anyone that had ridden the newest version of Disneyland's Space Mountain could possibly like WDW's version better. Disneyland's is smoother, sleeker and has a much better finale. The music makes a world of difference also. Everybody on here that continues to defend this very basic rehab helps TDO justify their low standards.

It shouldn't be about a competition of SM's....wouldn't it be kinda boring if they were clones of each other? What it should be about is appreciating each one as they are....unique to each park. Now WDW has one that has been dusted off and made fresh again. :cool:

Skyway

I haven't heard much yet about the new projections? Any details?

Also, is the projected earth at the top of the lift hill back? There was speculation that one of those big black flat "boxes" on the ceiling above the lift hill might have been some sort of video screen for earth. Is that true? Or too early to say?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom