Space Mountain Heading to the Scrap Heap :)

The Conundrum

Regarding the WDW SM refurb, I'd be happy if it's anywhere close to what they recently did at TDL. They completed their refurb in only 6 months which is practically the same time that WDW's will be down for. (Granted we have track replacement, I talk about that later in the post.) In that time, TDL managed to upgrade their version to a ride that belongs in the 21st century.

Before the refurb, their version looked just like DL's pre-refurb, and we all know how dated that was.

For example, the station area:

Pre-Refurb

Photo courtesy of Robb Alvey / Theme Park Review

Post-Refurb

Photo courtesy of Ken.jp on Flickr

I actually don't like Tokyo's new queue that ship looks like its from lilo & stitch. Its way too cartoony. The new font they use for the poster over there looks cartoony as well.

Honestly, im surprised Tokyo didn't do a better refurb of space.

The Conundrum

Wow. You've bring a lot negativity to these boards. A lot of your posts here and on other threads are complaining about how you want people to stop visiting the parks, how you want attractions to collaps or complain about Disney creativity or operations. Your posts make me believe you might be a Universal Studios employee. :ROFLOL:

When WDW is as good as the Tokyo parks (or hell even the Anahiem parks) my complaining will cease.

imagineer boy

I actually don't like Tokyo's new queue that ship looks like its from lilo & stitch. Its way too cartoony. The new font they use for the poster over there looks cartoony as well.

I really have to disagree, I think the new ship looks awesome.

jt04

I'm suprised you havn't done a better job with your avatar refurbs. They only seem to get more cartoony each time you return. I thought your first one was pretty good though. I mean the real first one, pre-enigma.

The Conundrum

I'm suprised you havn't done a better job with your avatar refurbs. They only seem to get more cartoony each time you return. I thought your first one was pretty good though. I mean the real first one, pre-enigma.

Would that be when I was Thrawn or Ghostbuster? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

It is an ENIGMA, isn't it???

your one to talk :wave::p;)

But in all seriousness Tokyo's queue (starting from the exterior tunnel) blows away both american versions. I just dont like the new ship.

jakeman

Interesting. I'm not sure either of those have been mentioned around you...

However, that is beside the point.

Do we have any new information? Has anyone been able to sneek a picture?

It seems like you could get pretty good angles from the top of the new Comtemporary DVC.

JWG

Do we have any new information? Has anyone been able to sneek a picture?

It seems like you could get pretty good angles from the top of the new Comtemporary DVC.

:lol: 10 more pages since our last discussion on getting a picture and still no pictures. :lol:

My $1 bounty appears safe.

disneykw

:lol: 10 more pages since our last discussion on getting a picture and still no pictures. :lol:

My $1 bounty appears safe.

I think there was one picture a couple pages back but it didn't really show anything. I went to MK a couple days ago and when I went on the monorail I was checking around SM and you couldn't see Zip-a-dee-doo-dah. If I didn't know that the ride was down, I wouldn't have known from outside the berm. So unless you see a truckload of new track just outside on the road, don't expect to see anything unfortunately.

(I can just see them hauling in all the cool new show scenes and track under the cover of night using night-vision goggles. Oh wait, we're talking about WDW. Never mind.)

I think there was one picture a couple pages back but it didn't really show anything. I went to MK a couple days ago and when I went on the monorail I was checking around SM and you couldn't see Zip-a-dee-doo-dah. If I didn't know that the ride was down, I wouldn't have known from outside the berm. So unless you see a truckload of new track just outside on the road, don't expect to see anything unfortunately.

(I can just see them hauling in all the cool new show scenes and track under the cover of night using night-vision goggles. Oh wait, we're talking about WDW. Never mind.)

your right. I would imagine that if there is any form of track replacement going on, someone is going to see them hauling it in.

jt04

I think it is quite possible any new track will be brought in at night. Whether they are only replacing track and keeping the same layout or a complete gutting and new layout some people will be unhappy. I think the number divides pretty evenly. Half want the traditional layout and half want a new Disneyland style track. I think this is why it is being kept so secret. If they announce exactly what they are doing there will be complaining. :cry:...:rolleyes:

As for the picture of backstage, that could be from last week or last year. Who knows?

GothMickey

your one to talk :wave::p;)

Please explain? Trying to say I am Enigma? I was here when Enigma was also. You weren't. Your posting styles and negativity are just like Enigma. Heck, you been called out a load of times. Just admit it. You are Enigma.

Buried20KLeague

I gotta disagree with you on this one.

IN PERSON, the ship in Tokyo's load is pretty friggin' cool.

But I will give you the fact that the que isn't anything to write home about. Then again I don't think ANY of the ques are, outside of WDW's. I just love that que and que music. Love it. Best of all the SM's around the world, and I've been on them all.

*** NOTE TO WDW MANAGEMENT: There's a good chance a great number of us will fuss when this thing is over with. PLEASE don't get rid of the que music and overall feel of the que. You'll hear a lot less complaining. I promise.

Jasonflz

Be thankfull we aren't getting HK's SM queue.:hurl::hurl::hurl::hurl:

disneykw

*** NOTE TO WDW MANAGEMENT: There's a good chance a great number of us will fuss when this thing is over with. PLEASE don't get rid of the que music and overall feel of the que. You'll hear a lot less complaining. I promise.

Believe me, I love the Star Tunnel music but if they really want to do a complete overhaul of the queue, it might be necessary. It all depends on the scale, if it's minor upgrades, keep the queue music, but if it's something greater, some other music might be needed. Besides, you'll always be able to listen to the Star Tunnel music on your own time. What I do like is the Third Queue Track with the mysterious space sounds when you're in the area with the planets. That should definitely stay.

Since it seems like WDW wants to keep all the classic parts of the ride intact (which also translates to we don't want to make any drastic upgrades to the attraction) I wouldn't be surprised at all if the doors open come Nov and the music's still there and queue relatively the same. Quite unfortunate.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom