Space Mountain Heading to the Scrap Heap :)

magicmaya

Like I said in my recent post....... (#298 or something like that)

I bet if one of the workers touch the oldest track support, the whole track will fall down and we will be getting everything we wanted...hopefully that will happen:lookaroun
Or something "magically" catches fire.Lets call it the new disney world fireworks

I hope this happens!

raven

Preface: i have never ridden SM DL so I dont know from experience

Until I ride it, it is hard for me to look at the DL version track layout and see how it is fun. I want to be wrong and one day I will get a chance to visit.

No drops and right turn, right turn, right turn, left.

Again, Im sure it is thrilling with sound and visuals added.

Add a dozen more right turns and you got it. A few too many than my neck could handle. Cool as the effects are in the DL version, I personally like the layout of WDW's better. More surprises with the drops and the tighter turns. Add the DL effects and it will be perfection.

If there going ahead with the cheap "quick fix" job it would be hillarious if the whole track struture gives way and tumbles forcing disney to build a new track.

Yeah, real hillarious...especially if you were on it when it tumbles. :lol:

Yes, the track is old but the steel coaster hasn't been exposed to the elements of nature like other old steel coasters. I honestly don't know what condition the steel is in since I never see it closely in the light. Any improvement is never going to be enough for some people. But an improvement is an improvement.

So again, people bash the finished product before they even know what the finished product is.

The cycle continues. :rolleyes:

CrashNet

So again, people bash the finished product before they even know what the finished product is.

The cycle continues. :rolleyes:

I should probably clarify my previous statement...

No one here, and from what it looks like not even Lee and Marni, know just exactly what Space Moutain is going to look like when it opens this November if it does:lookaroun. I still hold true to "believe it when I see it." Who knows, we might all be surprised. Unfortunately, previous major refurbs of classic attractions have probably put sour tastes in loyal mouths.

raven

I should probably clarify my previous statement...

No one here, and from what it looks like not even Lee and Marni, know just exactly what Space Moutain is going to look like when it opens this November if it does:lookaroun. I still hold true to "believe it when I see it." Who knows, we might all be surprised. Unfortunately, previous major refurbs of classic attractions have probably put sour tastes in loyal mouths.

That's exactly what I'm trying to say Thank you! :animwink:

I'm a die hard HM fan and when I went to DL in 2006 the original HM was closed to add new effects. I thought they couldn't improve on an already perfect attraction. So when WDW's Mansion got a rehab I was a little scared of the final outcome. Now the improvements only add to the story and the experience even more.

Again, any enhancement to an attraction is something. We should at least give them a chance to open before we start to bash it.

Jasonflz

From the looks of it Disney will pull a Spaceship Earth on this one and continue working on it for months after it re-opens. The biggest change, it seems, will be this new, proposed post show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom