Space Mountain Heading to the Scrap Heap :)

disneykw

All they have to do is turn it on right? Knowing disney, they just probably left the lights there!:wave:(still wavin)

You'd think, but I really doubt it's still up there. It's been years since they used it and they wouldn't let perfectly good lights sit up there and rot, or would they? It was a MNSSHP exclusive and the lights were most likely rented.

(Side note: Watching all the videos again, I love the lighting of the park during Halloween. It gives the park a completely different atmosphere. Working the event was totally fun too.:))

Thessair

I remember the colored lights at MNSSHP in '05 on Space Mountain. I'll have to sift through pictures to see if I have one somewhere. I don't remember it moving quite that fast, though.

magicmaya

Actually the one at MNSSHP was like that. You just don't see it in the 2sec on the video.

They could just do it easy.Since they did it for only one occasion they could put some up again in a short amount of time.I's really easy.There is a big possability we are getting a new lighting package.All of the other SM's got it during their refurbs!
:wave:(still wavin)

EPCOT Explorer

They could just do it easy.Since they did it for only one occasion they could put some up again in a short amount of time.I's really easy.There is a big possability we are getting a new lighting package.All of the other SM's got it during their refurbs!
:wave:(still wavin)

Hope you are right...A lighting refurb would make me very happy.

hardcard

Original Poster
Ha! Found a very small part in - it looks like - Robb Alvey's video of MNSSHP 2006, which might have been the last year they did it, if I'm not mistaken.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wl94nvV1vKM
(1:22 min in)

this was done this past fall (2008) for the halloween parties as well.. so they aren't sitting up there and rotting at all... they apparently only use them for special events.. why? I have no idea.

disneykw

this was done this past fall (2008) for the halloween parties as well.. so they aren't sitting up there and rotting at all... they apparently only use them for special events.. why? I have no idea.

Really? that's good to know. I didn't go to the last Halloween party so I was just going off of what I've heard.

that's....kinda.....STUPID!!!
(Still wavin!)

Lol Magicmaya. Are you gonna keep waving until Nov? :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom