Space Mountain Complete with Green Screen Effect

Lee

Adventurer
Personally I disagree.

Absolutely nothing was upgrade as it pertains to the ride experience, IMO.
Ditto.
The queue got an upgrade. So did the exit.
The exterior...the ride itself....nope. No upgrade other than a couple pretty projections and paint on the lift scene.
They couldn't even be bothered to wash the thing.:hammer:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The WDW SM upgrade was a farce. Pure and simple. A 5 year plan waterd down to the point of cosmetics and new RCS/hardware. The latter much needed but only the tip of the iceberg.

Better than it was, but far less than it would have been.

Sadiebird

Just curious, has anyone else ever hit the back of their head during one of the drops? That happened to me on my first ride. The force of the drop whipped my head back and it hit the headrest. Boy did that hurt. Ever since then, I always lean my head forward a little bit when I ride.

wdwfan94

You know, I read at Screamscape that one of the main reasons we only got half of what we were supposed to was because TDO wouldn't keep it closed for the Christmas season. Would it really have been that hard to do half of it, open it for christmas, then close it down after christmas and finish it.

EPCOT Explorer

Ditto.
The exterior...the ride itself....nope. No upgrade other than a couple pretty projections and paint on the lift scene.

That should not even be part of a refurb. It should be a regular deal.

tirian

Original Poster
The WDW SM upgrade was a farce. Pure and simple. A 5 year plan waterd down to the point of cosmetics and new RCS/hardware. The latter much needed but only the tip of the iceberg.

Better than it was, but far less than it would have been.

Yep, that summarizes it perfectly.

Again, if ours were fully gutted and rebuilt with all-new track, silent lift hills, cutting-edge effects, and an onboard soundtrack, it would have been phenomenal; as it is, it's a moderate upgrade to what was already there.

The loading area is about the only thing that was fully refurbished, except they didn't finish the floor.

That said...I do enjoy riding it; and I could live without the onboard soundtrack if everything else were done. Heck, I'd trade the soundtrack for an upgraded outdoor lighting package. We still have the shopping mall lights. :mad:

tirian

Original Poster
It got darker... :lookaroun Upgrade to me. :p

Did they ever get to washing it? :eek:

No. And like I said, it still has the shopping mall lights on a pole instead of LED washes.

Maybe somebody can convince the Martin lighting company to sponsor Space Mountain?

EDIT: Hey, that's not a bad idea!

the-reason14

Personally I disagree.

Absolutely nothing was upgrade as it pertains to the ride experience, IMO.

True, but whats there is better than what was before it so its all good to me. It's still gonna take some getting used to on my part because I miss being able to see the ride from the main building and see the cars loading from the TTA.

the-reason14

Ditto.

At least they updated something :shrug:

kcnole

I agree that its better than it was, but it should never have been allowed to get to where it was to begin with. For a centerpiece of the park, it is still a shame of an experience compared to all the other Space Mountains.

It really does need to go down again at some point and get an actual ride experience upgrade.

Figment632

Ditto.

Agreed!

That should not even be part of a refurb. It should be a regular deal.

You speak the truth.

The amount of time that this ride was closed and what we got is a disgrace!

protiius

looks ok...but does a decent effect on one side of the post show really justify :hurl: on the other?

i know that greenscreen effects can't work without a "green screen" but i would rather have none of them than both...would rather see something else...don't get me wrong, i can't think of anything better, but then that's why i'm not an imagineer...

even that projection effect that ripples when you walk past would've been better :rolleyes:

Texas84

Yep, excellent video but depressing. Swear I heard Japanese on the exit ramp part. Chotto Matte! ちょっと待って (wait a little) :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom