Space Mountain Complete with Green Screen Effect

the-reason14

And a Disney ride is supposed to tell a story with the best effects and technology possible, if not then it fails.;)

Well then if WDW space mt's a fail, then DL's Space mt. is a fail. They both lack story, the only thing DL's has going for it are better effects. I'll take WDW's failure over DL's.

Hot4Hudgens

I rode snooze mountain, oh I mean Disneyland's space mountain last year in July.

Not 100% sure, but I think before the refurb in 2005 they didnt have audio?? Or they did, but the tracks couldnt support it because they shoehorned them in. It really must have been horrible without audio, that boring coaster needs all the effects it can get.

You think it's that bad, huh? I couldn't get enough of it. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Bigart

Was there on Mar 7, and in the late AM the standby line was spilling out the entrance. It was a direct result of the Alpha Que not using all of its available space at the waiting area at the top. By late afternoon the wait time was 60 min and all space was filled. The fastpass line was fast all day, longest wait about 10 minutes. The new loading system seems to work well.

I still can't get over how smooth and dark the ride is now. Long gone is the old clatter of the tracks. Its all very smooth and tight now, so it seems faster. If anyone wishes to share their feelings about the upgrade please do. The only thing I miss from the very old old old cars are the hand holds. It's kind of awkward trying to know what exactly to hold on to.

Lee

Adventurer
. If anyone wishes to share their feelings about the upgrade please do.

Upgrade?
I didn't notice any upgrade.:shrug:
Oh...you mean the pretty new queue with games and the pleasant exit ramp scenes? Yeah. Those were nice upgrades.
The ride? Not so much.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I rode snooze mountain, oh I mean Disneyland's space mountain last year in July.

Not 100% sure, but I think before the refurb in 2005 they didnt have audio?? Or they did, but the tracks couldnt support it because they shoehorned them in. It really must have been horrible without audio, that boring coaster needs all the effects it can get.
Audio was added in 1998 with the ________ Dale score. The `tracker units were added without taking into account thew weight increase and the effect on the superstructure - with the outcome that had the ride shut virtually overnight in 2003 to be rebuilt.

Bigart

As far as head jerks and sudden turns..no its not "smooth"
as far as new wheels in contact with new track..yes: it doesn't make a sound

Buried20KLeague

DL's effects + Paris' music + WDW's track layout would be perfect.

I think DLP's SM would be perfect all around, if only it were smoother. :shrug:

Thrilling coaster, launch, great music, great effects. WIN, WIN, WIN.

Literally horrible headache that kept me from riding anything else for a couple hours? Meh.

But other than that, I can't figure out how it's not unanimously the best SM in the world (followed by HK, DL, TDL and WDW, in that order :D).

DisneyMagic101

I rode it in February and I thought the ride was bumpier than before the refurb. I do like the darker version of the ride. That being said, it's still my favorite ride.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
As far as head jerks and sudden turns..no its not "smooth"
as far as new wheels in contact with new track..yes: it doesn't make a sound
You can`t hear the din of the track for the racket of the lift hills.

In space no one can hear you scream. But you can hear whirring motors and rollback teeth.

Area 4

Maybe one of the resident experts here can help me out...

Why on earth was the Star Tunnel music left out of TTA after the refurb?

Was it done on purpose (did someone all of a sudden consider it to be a theming issue?)

Do the imagineers even know it hasn't been playing?
Went on TTA yesterday and this really bums me out while going through SM.

Anyone know what the deal is?

Lee

Adventurer
Went on TTA yesterday and this really bums me out while going through SM.

Anyone know what the deal is?

The deal is they screwed up the most interesting part of the TTA.
I seriously can't imagine the meeting where they decided that there is no need to be able to see anything inside SM from TTA. How could they think that's a good idea?
Refurb fail.

SirGoofy

Hah. I agree. Such an unnecessary change....It's so flat, now. :(

I didn't even notice a difference. No lie. I didn't realize until I rode it after the change that I basically paid 0 attention to the voice over when I rode it.

To say the ride is ruined is a super overreaction, IMO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom