Space Mountain Complete with Green Screen Effect

kcnole

They could have done all of that and more and people still would have complained. "Oh the one in Disneyland is better because_________." Well if thats how you fell, go there.

Why do people always say this. Its not like DL's space mountain is right next door. Going to Anaheim is not an option. I much prefer what they've done in Tokyo to anything they've done here. Am I not allowed to say that because I could just go to Tokyo instead of WDW? That's a silly saying.

If you actually believe WDW's is better then great, say that. But to tell people they have to either believe everything WDW has is better or go somewhere else is silly.

EpcotServo

Why didn't they replace the entire track?

Why didn't they add a soundtrack?

Why didn't they replace the reentry tunnel?

Why didn't they finish the loading area?

It's all connected. Guess. :lol:

I do concede that the screens would have been the least expensive upgrade. But it's still money.

It's the circle of Don't!

the-reason14

Why do people always say this. Its not like DL's space mountain is right next door. Going to Anaheim is not an option. I much prefer what they've done in Tokyo to anything they've done here. Am I not allowed to say that because I could just go to Tokyo instead of WDW? That's a silly saying.

If you actually believe WDW's is better then great, say that. But to tell people they have to either believe everything WDW has is better or go somewhere else is silly.

I never said everything WDW has is better. Space mt. is one, but Pirates, IASW, FL is all better over there. Why do people always feel the need to complain? Most complaints I read here are "silly" to me. But it all falls down to preference. Yea, DL isnt next door, but going to WDW isnt cheap either. If someone really really wanted to go to DL and have been to WDW numerous times, they could. So it isnt that "silly."

tirian

Original Poster
Well its a preference. If you prefer DL's space over WDW's than thats you. I'm not sticking my head anywhere. I heard all the hoopla about how great DL's space was and came off thinking wth. So I prefer WDW's and will agree they could have done more, but am content with whats there now. Besides, there are a handful of other places in WDW that deserve complaints. :cool:

Actually, I think DL's Space Mt. is a lot of style with no substance.

The ride itself stinks. Right turn, right turn, right turn.

I wish we had DL's style combined with our superior track layout, but I'll agree Space Mt. is much better than it was before the refurb.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Full 2009/10 tour of the entire attraction in HD coming to Mousebits this week ;)
:D WOOT!

Hmm, I didn't even think about that, but that is pretty dumb.

Also, with today's TV technology, why didn't they use bigger screens?
Not that it is going to make or break my SM experience or sway my love for it.... but that was my first reaction. I said, "if I squint and look really quickly, I will see myself on some other planet." Those monitors look like they were refurbed or reused from some other attraction.

They look like 17" crt monitors.

I wish we had DL's style combined with our superior track layout, but I'll agree Space Mt. is much better than it was before the refurb.
I will be the first to say that I have never been on DL's version, but from what I have seen, it looks like a borefest (and that is using my imagination and placing myself in the moment with all the elements)

The vehicles seem like they would be big, bulky and clumsy while the visual perception of the WDW version vehicles is sleek and quick. I hope that i am proven wrong one day. :D

RSoxNo1

Disneyland's track is poor, but the theming/effects are fantastic. To me, they make it the best themed coaster I've ever experienced.

kcnole

Yea, DL isnt next door, but going to WDW isnt cheap either.

For some people that's probably true. If you're coming from up North somewhere, a flight o Anaheim probably isn't that much more expensive than a flight to Orlando. However, I live just a few hours from Orlando. I can drive there, I'd have to fly to Anaheim, so the difference is quite striking.

the-reason14

:D WOOT!

I will be the first to say that I have never been on DL's version, but from what I have seen, it looks like a borefest (and that is using my imagination and placing myself in the moment with all the elements)

The vehicles seem like they would be big, bulky and clumsy while the visual perception of the WDW version vehicles is sleek and quick. I hope that i am proven wrong one day. :D

It is, a huge boresfest. Great ride tho, horribly sleep inducing coaster. Nowhere near as great or fun as the wdw one imo.

Monorail_Orange

:dazzle::lol:

And you all wonder why I don't ride. I would like to have children, you know. :lol:

Been ridin' our rattle-trap SM since 1985, here. Recently learned no troubles in that department you mention above :animwink:. Looking forward to taking my little one on their first "journey through space" in about 4 or 5 years, assuming all continues going well. :D

EPCOT Explorer

Been ridin' our rattle-trap SM since 1985, here. Recently learned no troubles in that department you mention above :animwink:. Looking forward to taking my little one on their first "journey through space" in about 4 or 5 years, assuming all continues going well. :D

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

Well, it DOES hurt.

And congrats! :sohappy:

the-reason14

I agree with you too. Their coaster sucks horrendously. But as a ride its really good. It needs all the lights and music and effects to make up for it being such a horrible coaster.

SirGoofy

I agree with you too. Their coaster sucks horrendously. But as a ride its really good. It needs all the lights and music and effects to make up for it being such a horrible coaster.

ANd they know how to spend money to really upgrade their rides. Something WDW needs to learn how to do.

the-reason14

ANd they know how to spend money to really upgrade their rides. Something WDW needs to learn how to do.

True, and they need too. Both DL and WDW could benefit from upgrades every now and then. But WDW space got a decent upgrade, and for that, I'm thankful for.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom