Space Mountain Complete with Green Screen Effect

HMF

Full HD coverage of the `new` attraction - plus more - is now at www.mousebits.com and soon at www.martinsvids.net for free, as always :D
Very Good' Martin. Now that I have seen your tribute. I now have my complete opinion of the new Space Mountain. Cool' Cool' OK' Could be better. OK' Could be better. OK' Could be better. OK' Could be better. OK' Could be better. Disneyland makes this look like a joke. Cool' Cool 'Cool Cool' Cool. OK could be better.

the-reason14

I'm definitely gonna have to check out the space mt vid. Love all your other vids. I'm sure it'll just make me love it even more, if thats even possible.

the-reason14

Love the tribute vid and glad you decided to do it over the classic and best space mt. :sohappy: Disney could have done way more to it, but oh well its still great and better than the one in DL. It was funny watching the DL footage, it reminded me of how much I almost fell asleep last summer while riding it *Yawn*. Great job as usual with the tribute vid. :wave:

devoy1701

The Green Screen effects were kind of lame IMO. Definitely has the potential to be more. Maybe they could have atleast invested in some larger monitors???

DisneyMusician2

Vid look great, Martin. Thanks! If only they had HD back in the 80's when we could have gotten some really great vids of some old Epcot favorites....

Tom Morrow

Not sure if this has been posted,but the green screen monitors at the exit ramp have now fixed the image so it is mirrored, so your image travels the same direction as your movement like before.

Also, they are now utilizing dual loading... loading two trains at once. It seems to have helped the capacity a great deal. The line was through the entire tunnel, and the only times I stopped were because of... people stopping to play the games. (sigh)

Now on to the complaints:

The alpha loading area still doesn't make sense as to why they use the hallway behind it (which, if this is permanent, should also use blue lighting instead of standard white - easy theming fix).

Background audio throughout the queue is too quiet still, for the most part.

Still no Star Tunnel music on TTA.

TTA spiel still sucks horribly.

Its mind boggling that tasks such as installing new light bulbs and turning up audio volumes, VERY EASY TASKS THAT COST NEXT TO NOTHING, are an afterthought.

the-reason14

When you were there, did the line stretch out into Tomorrowland, or is it pretty much kept inside the mountain itself?? Any first hand repors?

When I was there in Jan. the line never stretched outside. It made it look as if no one was there. And for the majority of my trip, the standby line went all the way up to where the first games start.

surfsupdon

When I was there in Jan. the line never stretched outside. It made it look as if no one was there. And for the majority of my trip, the standby line went all the way up to where the first games start.

That's incredible. I never liked the clutter outside the mountain when the line wrapped around and through the metal palm trees.

muteki

It was close to spilling outside at one point, but the only reason was because people had stopped to play the games.

During Presidents Day weekend, with wait times up to the 120's the line spilled right into the center of Tomorrowland. It was pretty crazy.

During the week before, however, the standby line rarely extended past the games. I wanted to try them but I wasn't going to stand around with no line in front of me just to play them.

Also - the corridor in the back of the standby queue is not as bad as people say it is. Yes it isn't themed, however I saw no signs of chipped paint, (maybe one or two spots, tops). I don't like the idea of it being used but I expected it to be in a horrible state and it was not.

the-reason14

During Presidents Day weekend, with wait times up to the 120's the line spilled right into the center of Tomorrowland. It was pretty crazy.

During the week before, however, the standby line rarely extended past the games. I wanted to try them but I wasn't going to stand around with no line in front of me just to play them.

Also - the corridor in the back of the standby queue is not as bad as people say it is. Yes it isn't themed, however I saw no signs of chipped paint, (maybe one or two spots, tops). I don't like the idea of it being used but I expected it to be in a horrible state and it was not.

Yea, the line was kinda weird when I was there. I remember one day being the only person in the fastpass line. And I remember one day, the fastpass line literally being as long as the standby and they had us looping inside the building. And it also seems that rarely you get to choose sides as much as you did pre refurb. It seems like standby is always on the left, and fastpass is always on the right. Needless to say I think I only did the right side once the entire time I was there because of course I had fastpasses.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom