Space Mountain Complete with Green Screen Effect

muteki

Yea, the line was kinda weird when I was there. I remember one day being the only person in the fastpass line. And I remember one day, the fastpass line literally being as long as the standby and they had us looping inside the building. And it also seems that rarely you get to choose sides as much as you did pre refurb. It seems like standby is always on the left, and fastpass is always on the right. Needless to say I think I only did the right side once the entire time I was there because of course I had fastpasses.

What happened with us was we would walk through the FP queue and as soon as we got to the other side of the control tower, there was a CM there who would either direct us to the right or left down the hallway depending on the current state of the line. So it was 50/50 what side you ended up on fastpass or not (not sure if this is SOP but thats what happened when we were there). Rode omega twice and alpha twice, used FP three times.

the-reason14

Yea, I noticed that a bit too that sometimes but very rarely the sides would switch. But in Jan. everytime I had a fastpass, I went on the left side.

RSoxNo1

Yeah, it appears they still haven't figured out how to properly use the switchbacks. It seems pretty simple where fastpass should go through the outermost path on both the alpha and omega sides, and then have standby utilize the rest of the switchbacks.

This will then force the load area groupers to pick people from the fastpass or standby queues. In reality, Space Mountain could also have a single rider line, but it seems that given the current problems with cast members/operations unable to maximize efficiency with the Space Mountain queue, that adding another component to juggle certainly wouldn't help.

the-reason14

Yeah, it appears they still haven't figured out how to properly use the switchbacks. It seems pretty simple where fastpass should go through the outermost path on both the alpha and omega sides, and then have standby utilize the rest of the switchbacks.

This will then force the load area groupers to pick people from the fastpass or standby queues. In reality, Space Mountain could also have a single rider line, but it seems that given the current problems with cast members/operations unable to maximize efficiency with the Space Mountain queue, that adding another component to juggle certainly wouldn't help.

I really wish they would add a permanent single line. I remember when they had one back in the day, and it was a huge asset for me. I doubt they would, but it seems like they could or atleast had it in mind because I remember seeing what could have been a break off for a singles line.

Tom Morrow

Also - the corridor in the back of the standby queue is not as bad as people say it is. Yes it isn't themed, however I saw no signs of chipped paint, (maybe one or two spots, tops). I don't like the idea of it being used but I expected it to be in a horrible state and it was not.
Its still unthemed though, and thus, is bad show. Especially when you could be waiting under the brand new cool looking ceiling.

RSoxNo1

I really wish they would add a permanent single line. I remember when they had one back in the day, and it was a huge asset for me. I doubt they would, but it seems like they could or atleast had it in mind because I remember seeing what could have been a break off for a singles line.

The problem is with the dual load area it creates dual single rider lines, dual standby lines and dual fastpass lines. This would make things unnecessarily complicated for some people, and although the single riders could fill those empty seats, I'm guessing it's not economically effecient to properly staff this, or re-configure the queue even further.

Hot4Hudgens

I still haven't been able to drop into the park to ride the revamped SM, though I feel it'd be a letdown after riding DL's version a few months back. That one straight-up blew me away.

the-reason14

I still haven't been able to drop into the park to ride the revamped SM, though I feel it'd be a letdown after riding DL's version a few months back. That one straight-up blew me away.

I cant wait to get back to Wdw in may so I can ride it again. I had the oppossite happen to me though. It felt so good to be on the original sm after riding DLs. Theirs just put me to sleep. *yawn*

WDWExplorer

Banned
for those that were missing him.. The doggy is back near the canyon caverns scene... Also a new high tech looking submarine has been added to the under the sea area....

Area 4

Maybe one of the resident experts here can help me out...

Why on earth was the Star Tunnel music left out of TTA after the refurb?

Was it done on purpose (did someone all of a sudden consider it to be a theming issue?)

Do the imagineers even know it hasn't been playing?

RSoxNo1

If we're comparing track layout, and just track layout, Disney World's Space Mountain is much better than Disneyland's. That's not to say Disney World's is great, it's just substantial better than Disneyland's. However, the ride is far more than the track layout, and everything else is superior in Disneyland.

the-reason14

If we're comparing track layout, and just track layout, Disney World's Space Mountain is much better than Disneyland's. That's not to say Disney World's is great, it's just substantial better than Disneyland's. However, the ride is far more than the track layout, and everything else is superior in Disneyland.

Opinion. I rather ride a better coaster with fewer effects, then a boring sleep inducing one with flashy lights and music. SM in DL=better ride. SM in MK=better coaster. Ill take the better coaster any day.

the-reason14

Really? Was this before or after the major renavation they had a few years back?

I rode snooze mountain, oh I mean Disneyland's space mountain last year in July.

Not 100% sure, but I think before the refurb in 2005 they didnt have audio?? Or they did, but the tracks couldnt support it because they shoehorned them in. It really must have been horrible without audio, that boring coaster needs all the effects it can get.

RSoxNo1

Opinion. I rather ride a better coaster with fewer effects, then a boring sleep inducing one with flashy lights and music. SM in DL=better ride. SM in MK=better coaster. Ill take the better coaster any day.

You agreed with everything I said though. The effects in Disneyland's are better than Disney World's - we agree on that. Your preference just happens to be for the better coaster vs. the better ride.

the-reason14

You agreed with everything I said though. The effects in Disneyland's are better than Disney World's - we agree on that. Your preference just happens to be for the better coaster vs. the better ride.

Uhm ya. I agreed. And a coaster is suppose to be thrilling, if its not then it fails.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom