Soooooooooooo has ANYONE had dinner at Le Cellier yet?

chwilson88

Yes went there this past April and all I noticed was a big wine list/selection. Decor was the same, food was basically the same quality but more expensive. I had the cheddar cheese soup, which was very good but rich of course, and mushrom filet which was decent, but no shula's. DW had the caprese salad and the tomatoes were very over-ripe and soft and nasty. Horrible. She was floored that they actually would bring it out on a plate and serve it to someone. Overall, very similar quality to before in my opinion.

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Yes went there this past April and all I noticed was a big wine list/selection. Decor was the same, food was basically the same quality but more expensive. I had the cheddar cheese soup, which was very good but rich of course, and mushrom filet which was decent, but no shula's. DW had the caprese salad and the tomatoes were very over-ripe and soft and nasty. Horrible. She was floored that they actually would bring it out on a plate and serve it to someone. Overall, very similar quality to before in my opinion.

Very interesting...Probably will just hang on to my lunches then!

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
On another note...it's pretty cool this thread got 167 views before 1 person replied. I don't know but that is so weird to me.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Haha yeah but it said 0 replies!

Lots of people just look at the title and click to see what replies there might be without checking across the page to see if there are any. Others may look to see if there's more to your question than what's in the thread title. But since your question was specifically directed at people who had actually eaten there since the change, only they were likely to reply.

Overthinking the collective rationale of an internet forum will drive you crazy! :lol:

mickeysshoes

I will know in August but I wont be back in time to give you my finding or pictures. Sorry:( I also would love to hear more feed back.

Mukta

I didn't click on the thread until I saw that it had 10 replies. I think it is funny that only one of the replies was a review. :lol:

HouCuseChickie

We're going in August, but even if I do post a review same day - I doubt my opinion would help you much since I like my steaks rare and DH med rare. But...if there's time and I'm not horribly exhausted from the day and the kids and getting everything ready for DD4s bday the next day- I can post something (it would be Aug 15th). I know- last minute and not overly helpful by that point.

reptar77

The food seemed the same to us. I really didn't see what all the big fuss was about. Then again it can just be that I'm kind of over their food. I can get a better steak at Yachtmans steakhouse and not have to fight for a reservation.

My husband says the soup is worth the resi struggle though. I'm not convinced.

bouncingkat

I was there in April and it was my favorite meal of the entire trip. The food seemed the same to me as the last time I was there when it was 1 credit, but the desserts seemed the most changed. I think that it is on par with the other 2 credit restaurants I've eaten at personally, and I love love love the maple polenta!

DisDadWoz

We went for dinner the last week of March. We didn't notice a huge difference other than some menu items added and the desserts seemed to have more choices. We have only had one bad experience in the 10-11 times we have been there and this last time was just as good. All four members of our party liked their food including taste and presentation. Steaks were cooked exactly how we wanted. (Filet and NY Strip) Wine selection was also very good. Service was great as always. We try to talk a little with our servers and they always seem to be very outgoing. We have moved to TIW which made me really not care so much about it being 2 table credits for those on the DDP. If you were on the DDP I would still recommend Yachtsman for your 2 table credits and do LeCellier for lunch. We tried to book a ressie for dinner over the last weekend of Food and Wine but even at the 180 day mark we couldn't get one for dinner so we're going to lunch at LeCellier on one of the days.

Foolish Mortal

Short and quick. Had dinner here last nite. Still an excellent meal but I really didn't notice a difference. I forsee many dinner openings on the horizon as us fanatics give it a shot and come to the same conclusion. Can't justify 2 credits. Glad I have it booked for lunch on my next trip.The chocolate cake is off the dinner menu.

Minnie1976

I ate there December 2008 and 2009. Enjoyed what I had very much each time. Even though I enjoyed it, I wouldn't use 2 dining credits to eat there.

sweetpee_1993

We have a dinner reservation for 9/12. I've read a bunch of reviews since the big switch and everyone seems to say the same thing: not much difference other than the price/credit hikes. We won't be using the dining plan. We have TiW but I'm still not sure I want to commit to higher prices for the same cuts of meat considering not one person has said the cut of meat was better. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that one of the issues that was supposedly being addressed by the price increase? I dunno. Think I'll cancel and go somewhere else.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom