Soooooooooooo has ANYONE had dinner at Le Cellier yet?

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I have a dinner reservation for November 2.

Last trip (can it be only three weeks ago--feels like ages!!) we ate lunch at Le Cellier and enjoyed it very much. I thought I noticed that the lunch and dinner menus are now very different from each other, whereas previously, they were almost identical just with smaller portions at lunch.

sweetpee_1993

I went ahead and cancelled LeCellier for 9/12. It works out better for our schedule doing a brunch somewhere else that day anyway. Even before the menu change we were sorta "over" the super-salty steaks anyway.

Rockford

We eat every year we go. It is one of our favorite places to eat. We just ate their in early July '11. There was nothing new to warrant the two tickets. Next time we will just do the lunch.

Disneydreamer23

cant wait to have lunch @ Le Cellier for the first time my mother swears by this place on her 3 week disney vacation usually sept 1-23rd ish, she eats at le cellier like 10 times

mrsdanalind

I ate there December 2008 and 2009. Enjoyed what I had very much each time. Even though I enjoyed it, I wouldn't use 2 dining credits to eat there.

We like the food, but we decided that the two credits for a meal is a little high for our food budget, considering we have the same issue when we book for the Processoinal. We have switched to the Rose and Crown.

mickey2008.1

It's just a way to open up availability. Push diners to other restaurants. Make it look great, without upping the quality. Was ok then, and will definitely not try it again. Try the yachtsmen, then tell me how great LeCelier is?:p

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
It's just a way to open up availability. Push diners to other restaurants. Make it look great, without upping the quality. Was ok then, and will definitely not try it again. Try the yachtsmen, then tell me how great LeCelier is?:p

We are trying it.

DisneyDebNJ

I checked this post too, but had nothing to offer, answer wise, as I won't know how lunch was, until October. I was hoping the lunch was as good as the dinners, however, I don't think this is worth 2 dining credits per person.

Just a suggestion. If you have a small party (1 or 2), walk up to the podium close to lunch opening, and talk/beg/be nice to the hostest/host and ask if they can squeeze you in since it just opened.

People may disagree with me, but I've done it several times due to a plan or emergency change, and I'd say 3 outta 5 times it's worked for me.

I couldn't get a lunch or dinner at Le Cellier on any day of our stay :(

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Just a suggestion. If you have a small party (1 or 2), walk up to the podium close to lunch opening, and talk/beg/be nice to the hostest/host and ask if they can squeeze you in since it just opened.

People may disagree with me, but I've done it several times due to a plan or emergency change, and I'd say 3 outta 5 times it's worked for me.

Here is a funny story about that...

Colleen and I walked up to the podium on a trip. Can't remember which trip but who cares...

So there is a guy in front of us trying to get a reservation for 2 as well. The hostess said "We are only taking reservations for 4"

I then asked her as he was walking away (AND he was complaining he never gets to eat there) "If those two want to share a table with us can we be seated?" She said "sure."

So I ran back and got the dude and said to him in there EXACT WORDS...

"Hey buddy, you have a party of two, and I have a party of two as well. We can eat there and share a table since they are only taking tables of 4. We just have to share a table and I am willing to do this as long as you don't mind."

He looks at me in that face that he is so mad at them still and says...

"I only have 2 of us and she said we need to have 4 people to eat there." He threw his arms up and walked away shaking his head.

Now I wanted the filet REALLY bad but I figured it really was not worth sharing ANYTHING with a moron like that just to get that filet.

I was STUNNED. I probably should have explained it to him again...but I just could not believe that just happened.

Hey there. Been a while. :wave:

Ah yes, sounds like he was a victim of logic failure. I have a wife, and 5 kids, so sometimes common sense goes right out the window, depending on the time of day and crowd level. :rolleyes:

Speaking of food, the wife got me a new Nikon S9100 for the trip. Can't wait to upload some food pix from the September trip!

He looks at me in that face that he is so mad at them still and says...

"I only have 2 of us and she said we need to have 4 people to eat there." He threw his arms up and walked away shaking his head.

Now I wanted the filet REALLY bad but I figured it really was not worth sharing ANYTHING with a moron like that just to get that filet.

I was STUNNED. I probably should have explained it to him again...but I just could not believe that just happened.

Hi we got reservations for our October Trip, we've never been there before, hope it's worth it. Let me know when you go how it was ok. :>) That guy sounds like a moron!!! sheesh:sohappy::wave:

wvdisneyfamily

I'm beyond unimpressed with the new Le Cellier. The bread is in loaf form except for the pretzels. The food is terribly overpriced. The variety is also lackluster. The Yachtsman is 100x better. We won't be going back for dinner and most likely not lunch. I suggest just going somewhere else.

I'm adding to my review. About an hour after eating, DH and I got really sick. We left before Illuminations for the hotel. We barely made it before our stomachs went crazy. DS was not sick, thank God. He slept through dinner. We all ate at Biergarten for lunch. It was fine. Since DS did not get sick, I'm lead to believe we got food poisoning from Le Cellier.

Morganificent

Just ate there for the first time in July. We, of course, went with the New York Strip and also got the mac n' cheese. It was delicious, of course. We forgot to order the Beer Cheese Soup, which was disappointing but just means we have an excuse to go back!

Minnie1976

We like the food, but we decided that the two credits for a meal is a little high for our food budget, considering we have the same issue when we book for the Processoinal. We have switched to the Rose and Crown.
We liked the Rose and Crown. Really enjoyed the beer sampler. I think I got the steak and seafood entre'.

wvdisneyfamily

Good data - but one hour? I think thats a little quick for the LC meal....

"The symptoms from the most common types of food poisoning generally start within 2 - 6 hours of eating the food."

http://health.nytimes.com/health/guides/disease/food-poisoning/overview.html

...so I MIGHT suspect your lunch. On the other hand, this could have been "handrail poisoning" ... Disney being Disney :).

All 3 of us had the same lunch. DS and I shared a plate at lunch. DH and I ate dinner and DS did not. DH and I got sick and DS did not.

Thanks for the link and show of sympathy. :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom