Something you're embarassed to NOT know about Disney parks

Walt Disney1955

i usually dont get the acronyms either took me 3 months to figure out DH and DD disney husband and disney daughter

I still get annoyed by them. If I refer to my wife, I say............"wife". Other than WDW I almost rarely use them. Even if I describe a ride I at least say the first name of it (ie. Pirates, Splash). I never want to get into the habit of lazy writing, even on a casual board like this.

As for me I've never...........

been to Blizzard Beach
had a Turkey leg or Dole Whip
rode Toy Story Mania (is it similar to Buzz Lightyear?)
rode Gran Fiesta Tour

stratman50th

I still get annoyed by them. If I refer to my wife, I say............"wife". Other than WDW I almost rarely use them. Even if I describe a ride I at least say the first name of it (ie. Pirates, Splash). I never want to get into the habit of lazy writing, even on a casual board like this.
I've been known to use a couple, but I agree with you! All it does is confuse, and all the acronyms in use are not in the handy dandy guide on the getting started page. I think people just make some of them up as they go along and others pretend like they understand, or like me, can't be bothered expending the mental energy to decipher it and keep moving on.

baymenxpac

for a while when i would read at work, i would google the acronyms to help decode them if i was having trouble until i got to monsters, inc. laugh floor. thaaaat...would have been awkward.

stratman50th

for a while when i would read at work, i would google the acronyms to help decode them if i was having trouble until i got to monsters, inc. laugh floor. thaaaat...would have been awkward.
That one got me too! I saw that and spent two wasted hours looking for MILF land on the map!:D

JillC LI

As for me I've never...........

been to Blizzard Beach
had a Turkey leg or Dole Whip
rode Toy Story Mania (is it similar to Buzz Lightyear?)
rode Gran Fiesta Tour

Somewhat yes. But there are different rooms with different games, and I find that it is much easier to aim and connect with your target in TSMM. If you like Buzz, you'll probably like TSMM more. (But if given the choice of riding TSMM or eating a Dole Whip Float, I'd go for the Dole Whip every time! :p

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
o jez~!! Who can tell us what is is dear or disney??

I think that is all on the board you visit. Another WDW board it is "darling."

I have never done China's circlevision in TWSC.

Never had Dole-Whip nor ever heard of it until this thread... Whoops.

Other than that I think the never list is down to a drastically shortening list of restaurants I have not eaten at.

I <3 Turkey Legs btw. They beat the ones here and Busch Williamsburg by a long shot. We buy a couple of them if we are driving out at night to head back home. They make an awesome better than Burger KIng or off I95 meal without having to stop.

Disneydreamer23

Somewhat yes. But there are different rooms with different games, and I find that it is much easier to aim and connect with your target in TSMM. If you like Buzz, you'll probably like TSMM more. (But if given the choice of riding TSMM or eating a Dole Whip Float, I'd go for the Dole Whip every time! :p

Let me tell you about BUZZ.. i DISLIKE thids ride TOTALLY i never get that many points i must never hit the buzers right but on TOY story I always WIN also in MEN IN BLACK at Universal I always win too!!! .. I Guess im just a sore looser :veryconfu:hammer:

duchess1576

after 6 years of visiting wdw, i just realized yesterday that Illuminations is called IllumiNations. i never picked up on the Nations part. wow. :eek:

jlevis

In some 30+ visits we've never done Tom Sawyers Island or the Tiki Room. Hope to do both this September. Oh, never had a Dole Whip or a turkey leg.

Minnie1976

I need to be more aware of things when I go to DW. The people on this board notice and call attention to so much I never notice. I have to start being more aware of things at Disney. I guess I just become a child and so excited about going on the attractions I never notice the small things or changes that have been made.
I have though tasted husband's turkey leg and citrus and pineapple swirls. The pineapple is my favorite and a must get everytime we go.

sublimesting

The only thing I'm embarrassed about is not knowing what it feels like to walk through the entrance of a Disney park. (Not that I've been within 500 miles or so of one. :( ) And that ignorance is going to remain for a while until Mrs. Tex and I manage to fix it, in a couple of years. (I hope.)

Holy cow!!!! I'm amazed you're on this board having never been there. I always feel bad for people that have never gone or can't go as often as they like, or for kids/teens that LOVE Disney and would go year after year if they could but have parents that don't care about it and have to wait until they grow up to go on their own.

jlevis

Let me tell you about BUZZ.. i DISLIKE thids ride TOTALLY i never get that many points i must never hit the buzers right but on TOY story I always WIN also in MEN IN BLACK at Universal I always win too!!! .. I Guess im just a sore looser :veryconfu:hammer:

Well, the last time we did TSMM my wife, son and his wife all outscored me. The only one I beat was my 5 year old grandson. I had a ball!!! We never laughed so much. TSMM is at the top of my must do list. :lol:

DeaverTex

@sublimesting: The whole reason I'm here is to try to desensitize myself to the cost of WDW. (We can pay the mortgage for three months for what it costs for a week on-site in a value resort.) I can't call myself an enthusiast since I've never been, but I'd like to become one. Wish me luck!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom