Some Magic Kingdom rumors/truth

makeupagoodbye

Original Poster
Dont know if this has been posted before on what im about to say but...

Just talked to a CM today and he gave me some updates to the MK. it may be rumors but he seemed pretty confident...

he told me space mountain will be closing for 2 years while they upgrade like the one in disneyland.

the day parade is being replaced by the day parade at Disneyland

they are getting rid of spectromagic and replacing it with a new evening parade...

He didnt hear anything about Tiki room or Figment :( those were my first questions...:(

lightboy

Just talked to a CM today and he gave me some updates to the MK. it may be rumors but he seemed pretty confident...

he told me space mountain will be closing for 2 years while they upgrade like the one in disneyland.

they are getting rid of spectromagic and replacing it with a new evening parade...

He didnt hear anything about Tiki room or Figment :( those were my first questions...:(

Space Mountain down for 2 years? Not sure that would be a good idea for them anytime soon. I'm going to say that's unrealistic. Is it going to have to be within the next few years? Quite possibly.

Parade of Dreams coming to WDW is old news...and has since been put on hold. Probably a permanent hold. Parades are entertainment, and Disney is in the process of cutting entertainment. Park attendance down = entertainment is the first to go. Why? Entertainment is a non-revenue business unit. Unfortunately, that's the way the ball bounces. I don't agree.

Spectro? See above.

WDWKat26

All CM's seem pretty confident. You'll learn by being on this board that half to 75% of rumors posted are false. As for the ones you are addressing:

1) Space Mountain will NOT close for two years. That's way too long and longer than it needs to be. Might wanna scale that down by 1/4...

2) The Day parade has been rumored to be going away, and will be replaced by the Parade of Dreams from Disneyland.

3) They are not getting rid of Spectro anytime soon...sorry.

MerHearted

Why do people assume CMs know anything? Like all 62,000 of us take part in Disney's planning. :shrug: Disney tells us nothing. Nothing! I sometimes find guests that know more about upcoming changes than I do.

firemandisney

This C.m. is pretty darn close....
I have a fire buddy on Orlando Fire that is married to "Disney middle management" Space IS closing this late fall for at least 1 year and closer to two. It is hopefull to complete it in more like 18 months,
Is getting the SAME TLC and complete redo that Disneyland's space mountain got. Rest assured..it gonna happen.
He said the she is pretty much telling him thats its a go...

IcicleM

If you're in entertainment, you know a lot of things about the parades and such because managers like to talk. Like, for example, during my training, I was in the ABC theater and my trainer told me the managers and architects who were having a meeting on the stage were talking about an "American Idol TYPE" show, she never considered that what she heard was really an American Idol show, haha.

Managers and executives also talked with each other about Spectro and the creator of the parade himself knew it was dated, but didn't say anything about replacing it, but there's still hope haha

As for Parade of Dreams, that's been a rumor for a while, but while I was there, they seemed confident that we were definitely getting it at some point.

As for Space Mountain, I'm pretty sure it's 18 months or so that it'll be closed

nemofinder22

The Parade of Dreams rumor keeps popping up everywhere and has some truth behind it since Disneyland is rumored to get a new one after the Main Street repaving. Only problem I see with the rumor at least from a DL stand point is that it leaves DL with the same parade for the 55th or is POD staying another year which would make more since to help promote parade as being new during the 55th.

sbkline

Why do people assume CMs know anything? Like all 62,000 of us take part in Disney's planning. :shrug: Disney tells us nothing. Nothing! I sometimes find guests that know more about upcoming changes than I do.

I've always wondered the opposite. Why do so many people assume that CMs (including bus drivers) know nothing? I'm sure they don't call every one of you in and give you a detailed account of everything that's in the works. But on the other hand, being employed there and sitting down in the breakroom with fellow CMs and talking to their supervisors, I'm sure many CMs (including bus drivers) have at least some knowledge of upcoming events.

kcw

Only problem I see with the rumor at least from a DL stand point is that it leaves DL with the same parade for the 55th or is POD staying another year which would make more since to help promote parade as being new during the 55th.

I think that's where everyone is getting stuck on figuring this one. As far as I have heard, PoD is definitely going to FL, it's just a matter of when that's up in the air

a little OT, but I didn't want to make a new thread-

has there ever been talk about sending Boo to You to CA? I'm not positive how long it's been around, or whether it's still fairly new.... just wishful thinking on my part- their halloween party is pretty low key, I'd love to see Boo To You over there (though I think there'd be some upset people on the FL side)

IcicleM

I wouldn't mind Boo To You leaving as long as we got Disneyland Paris's Halloween Parade or Honk Kong Disneyland's Glow in the Park Parade

DizneyPryncess

Our Keys to the Kingdom CM told us that he really didn't know any answers to most rumors about future developments such as new rides, major refurbishments, etc. He said cast members find out like the rest of the crowd, and very few know anything for sure unless it's something they must know as part of their job. I have no idea if that's true - I'm just repeating what he told us. He'd been there 11 years.

IcicleM

The thing that CM told you is kind of true and kind of false. The managers and executives usually hear about things first. Then, the gossipers (young people or entertainers) usually over hear things or are "in the know". Like, the gay guy that dated the manager who's now a Base Manager who gets all the insight about blah blah blah and tells his hubby (or ex-hubby) about whatever.

Your tour guide has been there since long before the age of Disney's "grand changes". With all of these big changes, everyone wants to know, guests and cast members alike, so they probably didn't really get accustomed to gossip and really pay no attention to it.

They're forgetting that with 60,000 cast members (75+% who are young adults), rumors and news spread like wildfire around property. Sometimes it loses and gains new information, and sometimes it's just false altogether, which is why sometimes cast members don't pay attention to gossip. For me, if I ever heard news, I would either follow up with a reliable source (and almost all of the time they would give the honest truth and spill the beans) or I would take it as a grain of salt and ask fellow cast members what they've heard.

All in all, you, as a guest, will get tons of different ideas and news and rumors from different cast members, so you can't really take anything as truth unless you ask around (like people do on here) As a cast member, you have more of an opportunity (and a right, sort of) to ask managers and/or fellow cast and have the privilege of that knowledge NOT to do what with you will, but to keep it secret (if need be). And sometimes (most of the time, really) those secrets get out one way or another.

dixiegirl

I hope this is true, this is one of the driving forces that gets the wife keyed up to going back every year.

I agree this is one of my favorite parades..The music...love it ! Especially when It starts and right after Jimminy Cricket Says "Spectromagic!":!! And the music pipes up and the area arounds you goes dark!!! Thinking about it now, gives me goosebumps....Also that emtional heaviness in your chest!!!!

Disneykidder

True Dixie...I just got a chill reading your post. Spectromagic IS my favorite parade ever. It is magical, sweet, calming and special. Spectro and Wishes bring tears to my eyes. :) You never know what the big wigs are thinking but I hope they will keep it around for a long while.

As for SM down...18 months, 1 year...that's a long time. But to make it new and refreshed, I suppose it IS necessary. It just stinks now but we will all love the finished product.

21 days until my trip~~3 weeks baby!!

Ilovewishes

Actually SM is going down in April 2009 and will be back up in October 2009.

That would be good!! We're hopefully going in March 09 and have already booked for October 09!! I'll get to see both versions in one year!!

As for Spectro, couldn't they just update it or something but keep the essence of it? Some ofthe floats must be really old by now, but I love the music!! I'm word perfect on it now and sing along everytime I see it!

However, the Churnabog hasn't opened his wings the last few times that I saw it...

firemandisney

Actually SM is going down in April 2009 and will be back up in October 2009.
If they get S.M. done this fast...They'll need 5000 workers working 24hrs. a day.
The time of closure is gonna be close to late fall early winter, However, if YOU are correct and it actually closes in April that wont affect the fact that this is gonna be a Disneyland fefurb. It will take at least 12 months to do. More like 18.
We will wait and see. My sources are pretty darn good!:animwink:
But i never professed to be 100% accurate.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom