Some Magic Kingdom rumors/truth

minnie61650

The problem is that Phil will not allow SM to be down for more than six months. The spray paint was done when the plan was for 16 - 18 months. According to the source that I got the info from, the plan is to refrub SM is smaller chunks and the track is now off the table. (This might change as I am typing this)

This is sad news indeed.:(

SM really needs a total makeover.
I understand why management does not want it closed for a longer time but IMHO a partial redo is not going to hold up in the longrun.

Just my two cents.

Lee

Adventurer
Magic Kingdom Vice President Phil Holmes

Phil is an idiot. It's been scientifically proven.

All my info says that SM will be down for a year-ish. Long enough that they are moving all the CMs to other areas, and they will have to be re-trained on the ride before being allowed to work there upon it's opening.
Also I was told that the order for steel has been placed and contracts for the work signed. If so, I don't see how Phil can back out now.
This back-and-forth on this refurb has been going on for years, and is becoming a joke.:mad:

jt04

Maybe they have finally decided to gut it and start from scratch. Vice-Presidents can be over-ridden by say a CCO or CEO :shrug:

coasterphil

Maybe Jay "Disney Parks!!!!!" Rasulo will come and save it if they can throw in Pixar characters and clone the new version for placement in every other Disney park in the world to strengthen the synergy of the Disney Parks brand. :hammer:

persuadedflower

All CM's seem pretty confident. You'll learn by being on this board that half to 75% of rumors posted are false. As for the ones you are addressing:

1) Space Mountain will NOT close for two years. That's way too long and longer than it needs to be. Might wanna scale that down by 1/4...

2) The Day parade has been rumored to be going away, and will be replaced by the Parade of Dreams from Disneyland.

3) They are not getting rid of Spectro anytime soon...sorry.

oh okay, so spectro is staying. good. because i was telling people about how i heard that it was leaving and being replaced, and everyone was really upset. we all really love spectro. :] i would hate for it to ever go, if it did eventually.

Spyne

I doubt Space Mountain would be closed for two years. A refurb is most likely in the pipeline to happen, but for how long we're not sure. The Parade of Dreams coming to the Magic Kingdom is sort of old news, when it'll actually happen remains to be seen. Finally, I don't really believe SpectroMagic will be replaced anytime soon, but they could surprise me.

PlutoInOrlando

In the Parks
Yes
I doubt Space Mountain would be closed for two years. A refurb is most likely in the pipeline to happen, but for how long we're not sure. The Parade of Dreams coming to the Magic Kingdom is sort of old news, when it'll actually happen remains to be seen. Finally, I don't really believe SpectroMagic will be replaced anytime soon, but they could surprise me.

The word on SM is it's to be closed for 14-18 months for it's overhaul. New track (same layouts), cars, music, pre show/post show, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom