Soft drinks and other beverages increase in price across Walt Disney World quick service restaurants

maxairmike

That's one reason why I don't go to many big ticket sporting events and eat at them, I usually go load up at a McDs or what have you right before I park (same goes for concerts, etc.). MiLB concession prices are closer to theme park prices, and I'm more apt to buy food/drink at those games.

MissM

I have a AP at Busch Gardens Tampa (because for BOTH of us it's $26/month with free parking and 10% off literally everything in the park, food or merch so for that price why not?) and they sell refillable mugs for $6.99 with $0.99 refills. And not only is it refillable the day you bought it, but they openly tell you (in signage and such) to bring it back on future trips! So we just bring our plastic mug each time (which holds a metric TON of soda) and get 99 cent refills.

In comparison to when we hit Disney and spend like $20 in drinks in a matter of hours. o_O :greedy: I get BG is not WDW but sheesh. The price difference in drinks is really massive.

CheshireCat12

Last time I was there, two different QS locations gave me the cup and the ice and told me to fill it at a nearby water fountain.
I've never had any trouble- I could name a few that were very good about it- Casey's Corner, Boulangerie, Starring Rolls, and I know there were many others. Maybe you met some lazy CM's? I did ask at one place and they said they didn't do fountain drinks so they couldn't do it, which makes sense, but I agree that the fountain ice water was cold and minus that sulfurous taste.

nytimez

I've never had any trouble- I could name a few that were very good about it- Casey's Corner, Boulangerie, Starring Rolls, and I know there were many others. Maybe you met some lazy CM's? I did ask at one place and they said they didn't do fountain drinks so they couldn't do it, which makes sense, but I agree that the fountain ice water was cold and minus that sulfurous taste.

Dunno... both locations had soda fountains -- thus the cups and ice -- but both said they didn't serve water.

jensenrick

All the more reason to drink water, at all times IMO.

Dunno... both locations had soda fountains -- thus the cups and ice -- but both said they didn't serve water.

That's absurd! :mad: How can they (or any restaurant for that matter) NOT serve water? Sounds like laziness to me, and I would have raised a stink. :arghh:

DisneyRose

Are you guys really up in arms over 40 cents? How do you think New Fantasyland, Avatar land, Star Wars land, etc. are paid for? Besides, it's still almost $1 cheaper than Cedar Fair parks drinks.

nytimez

How do you think New Fantasyland, Avatar land, Star Wars land, etc. are paid for?

Yes, we must never forget how Walt used money from soda sales to build Disneyland. It was very inspirational, how people came and paid for soda before it was even built - when it was just a rumor - just because they hoped to one day enjoy the park.

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing: That it was all started with overpriced soda."

monorail81

Do you have a recent source? I thought this stopped a while ago.

Recently. Not recent as in the last week. But, do you really think that Disney would actually start paying for it after not for so long? No. They would ditch Coke's sponsorship and get a new company in there. Come on now. Let's think who we are talking about.

Goofyernmost

Recently. Not recent as in the last week. But, do you really think that Disney would actually start paying for it after not for so long? No. They would ditch Coke's sponsorship and get a new company in there. Come on now. Let's think who we are talking about.
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Why on gods good earth would anyone think the Coke would give away their product? They've been around longer then Disney for heavens sake. I'm sure it pretty cheap based on quantity discount, but Coke, especially bottled, is not going to be given away. Coke is established, they don't need to give anything away. And it doesn't work the way everyone seems to think anyway. If Coke is relied upon as a major "sponsor" in Disney park, they sure as hell are not going to pay Disney to let them pay Disney. Knowhatimean? They need to realize a net gain themselves or it isn't worth it. If their only contribution was supplying soft drinks in return for good will advertising...OK, maybe, but that is not the case. Coke pays a lot to be there...they would have no reason if they weren't gaining something from it.

That said, and in what may seem unrelated, I bought my first new car in 1970. It was a Buick Skylark. (mid sized car, but a premium quality car) Sticker price was $3200.00. Equivalent car today $32000.00. Why do you suppose that is. Still has four wheels, seats and a steering wheel. Goes from the Canadian Border to the tip of Florida, just like today's cars are capable of doing. Could it be that prices are always rising? Could it be that along with death and taxes...prices increasing will always be a part of our lives unless we hit another major depression? You don't live in Disney parks 365 days a year, it is a very short times span and what you spend there for a drink of anything, although individually it might be up there, in the grand stream of things in your life, it's like spitting in the ocean. Adds to the volume but it's hardly going to cause you to drown. And the solution, as someone has stated already is simple. If you don't want to pay it you don't have to go, in fact, if you cannot afford it perhaps you shouldn't be going there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom