Soft drinks and other beverages increase in price across Walt Disney World quick service restaurants

epcotisbest

I would usually buy two or three per day. At a price point over $3 for a large, I'll probably stick to the free water. I simply don't understand how a decent profit two or three times a day is not good enough compared to the now zero profit they will get from me. I suppose there will always be enough people to pay more to make up for those who don't.

nytimez

At any of these QS locations you can request a cup of Ice Water for free. Comes in the same cup and tastes better than the water fountains.

Still the best Disney World tip ever.

Last time I was there, two different QS locations gave me the cup and the ice and told me to fill it at a nearby water fountain.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I was just going to mention Disneyland, as I just returned from a week there. I was a little surprised how much more expensive everything was - I had planned for some of it, but not all.

Yes, food at DL, at least in the QS variety, is probably 10-15% more expensive. Of course, many QS places have an AP discount, so if you have an AP, you make up most of the difference. Still, noticeably more expensive.

DisneyJoe

Yes, food at DL, at least in the QS variety, is probably 10-15% more expensive. Of course, many QS places have an AP discount, so if you have an AP, you make up most of the difference. Still, noticeably more expensive.
I also believe the sales tax is higher in CA.

wdwfan22

At any of these QS locations you can request a cup of Ice Water for free. Comes in the same cup and tastes better than the water fountains.

Still the best Disney World tip ever.

That's not always the case anymore, I've seen them issue a cup with ice and direct to a water fountain when the guest wasn't purchasing anything.

lostpro9het

Any guess on when they start charging for a cup of ice? Im honestly surprised they haven't crossed that line yet, I mean cups cost money and someone has to pay the ice maker's electric bill.

JawaLivin

In response to some mentioning they have asked for a cup of water and been given a cup of ice and directed to a nearby water fountain, some of the smaller snack/beverage stations do not have a water button/lever on the soda machine. I know of 3 in Hollywood Studios around the hat that have this problem. Just have to learn which ones to get water from and which to avoid if you don't want water fountain ice water.

matt9112

so no mymagic+ joke yet??......this 20 cent upcharge will pay for it over two 50 year periods...they looked to the DVC for advice.

granted really folks still cheaper than....well anywhere else that can be called an attraction. this includes sporting events as well as theme parks and anything inbetween.

TalkingHead

Wow. That's a whole (estimated) $36 extra dollars..... TOTAL, during our trips for the four of us getting 5 soft drinks per day on a 9 day trip. o_O What ever shall I do? I do not believe I can afford to go now. :rolleyes:

You act like this is the only price increase we'll see from Disney this year. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

And who is paying $8 for a Coke at a sporting event? Is that in NYC or LA?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom