Soft drinks and other beverages increase in price across Walt Disney World quick service restaurants

willtravel

Not sure about other teams, but the Reds allow you to bring in your own. Last game we went to we stopped at Subway and got the $5 footlong's. Also had some 24 ounce Diet Dews from Kroger (on sale 6 bottles for $2.50). Only item we purchased at the park was a bag of peanuts (outside the park for $2.00) For a family of 4, it cost us less than $15 to eat at the game.
REALLY, DIDN'T KNOW THAT.

Quackerjack

Yes, the Reds let you bring in a soft sided cooler with food or drinks (non-alcoholic) to games. Its a nice touch. I don't know why this is a big surprise. This is the case everywhere. Movies, restaurants, the zoo, any sporting event and every other amusement park in the country have jacked up soda prices. At least Disney lets you bring in your own stuff unlike most of the other places. Seems like an easy one to avoid though. Don't buy the pop, no one needs soda pop.

Last edited:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Coke raise their prices, forcing Disney to raise their prices. Coke have a unregulated monopoly in soda prices around the world which is why you can not find Pepsi in any country's in the world or major attractions.
Interesting. Had Pepsi at dinner last night....

Next Big Thing

You act like this is the only price increase we'll see from Disney this year. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

And who is paying $8 for a Coke at a sporting event? Is that in NYC or LA?
Not $8, but I was just at the Justin Timberlake/Jay-Z concert in Miami and they were charging $7 for a soda and $6 for water. I refused to pay those prices for a soda/water.

devoy1701

Are you guys really up in arms over 40 cents? How do you think New Fantasyland, Avatar land, Star Wars land, etc. are paid for? Besides, it's still almost $1 cheaper than Cedar Fair parks drinks.

sure... what's $.20 on fountain drinks... $1.00 on quick service meals, $20 on room rates, $5.00 on MK entry...no big deal... Not even a big deal that they've done this now every year for the past 5. Geez, has it really been that long since the regular size drinks were $2.19?

I remember when my wife and I could order quick service for the two of us for about $17 total (i know that number because we used to spend 50+days in the park each year)... Last month, a meal at Epcot at La Cantina in Mexico cost me $14 by myself. And those were seriously the worst chicken tacos that I've ever had.

Minthorne

That's not always the case anymore, I've seen them issue a cup with ice and direct to a water fountain when the guest wasn't purchasing anything.

I was there in May, July and August and on all three trips I drank water all the time and I was always given a cup full of ice water with a cover.

dreamfinder

I doubt seriously that a CocaCola's pricing has ANYTHING to do with what they are being charged by the CocaCola company.

Agreed.

And even if it did, you know how much the cost a BIB (or other delivery method of syrup) would need to have increased to correspond with a 20 cent increase on a 20oz soda? A typical BIB is 5 gallons, 1 part syrup plus 5 parts water. So a 5 gallon BIB should yield approx 160 20oz servings, more if you shovel in the ice. I "Joe Q Public" can get a BIB of Diet Coke from Costco for $67.36. That's approx 42 cents per serving. Which is including a 3rd party markup, and no volume discount. I'd be shocked if WDW paid more than $50 per BIB equivalent, which would be 31 cents. PER SERVING. So a 20 cent increase in final product would require an increase of approx 66%, or approx $30 increase per BIB equivalent. No way in heck that happened. I can see the cost going up a few dollars per BIB at most, which would increase the material cost of the soda by one or two cents. Even if we factor in a 5 cent increase to the wages they need to pay, and another 5 cents for electricity and upkeep, that is still 8 cents per soda of pure profit. Even if a lower margin item like the actual food sold at CS, the material cost is usually only 30% or so of the final price.

Gringrinngghost

The company makes up the loss by requiring that beverages only be sold in official cups or containers and charging an enormous amount for those contains. The container charge is based on a sliding scale depending on the customer. Individual consumers, purchasing beverages at a grocery or convenience store, pay only a few cents for the can or bottle in which their beverage comes. At the other end of the scale, movie theaters and theme parks like DisneyWorld pay as much as $2.69 for a single drink cup.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom