Soft drinks and other beverages increase in price across Walt Disney World quick service restaurants

Clamman73

I hear some people saw their fellow guests paying more for soda and demanded to be allowed to pay more too.

We go live to our blog reporter on the scene...Well Lou, it's pandemonium here at guest relations. People have jumped over the counter and are demanding to pay more for soda since they saw other guests paying more. Oh the humanity.

G00fyDad

5 soft drinks a day, per person........hope you can afford the insurance premiums.

That was actually a highball estimate. Just showing the maximum amount that we could use and still not be affected by this minute change. We actually drink the crap out of water while we are there. My son runs Cross Country and I doubt I could get him to take a sip of a soft drink.

luv

The mugs seem like a better deal now, lol.

Water at Publix is much cheaper. You get more water (and a sports cap!) for less than half of Disney's prices.

GFD613

Beverage is included with DDP, as I recall, so no effect on us, at least not until the next price increase on DDP.

We're just grateful that DDP also applies to kosher meals with no extra charge.

RSoxNo1

$17 bucks for a cheeseburger combo at the KC Royals game two weeks ago.....and it wasn't anywhere near the quality of WDW.......
Both San Diego Zoo and Fenway Park have refillable cup options. I believe San Diego Zoo was something like $5 with $1 refills. Fenway was free refills on a $7.50 souvenir cup. Neither cups are particularly high quality but they get the job done for a day.

dvitali

Coke raise their prices, forcing Disney to raise their prices. Coke have a unregulated monopoly in soda prices around the world which is why you can not find Pepsi in any country's in the world or major attractions.

danv3

Coke raise their prices, forcing Disney to raise their prices. Coke have a unregulated monopoly in soda prices around the world which is why you can not find Pepsi in any country's in the world or major attractions.

Perhaps Coke products are superior to Pepsi products and thus generate more sales for theme parks, etc.

Personally I rarely buy soft drinks at restaurants (or WDW) but I certainly wouldn't waste my money buying Pepsi.

dreamfinder

Perhaps Coke products are superior to Pepsi products and thus generate more sales for theme parks, etc.

Nope. Coke pays more. That's all there is too it. At a corporate level Coke will pay cash to get their products in your location. Pepsi tends to offer perks in terms of events and marketing. Some places would rather have the cash, others prefer the other stuff Pepsi offers.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
The fan boys have deployed the Joy Division to chant the corporate mantra, very social media.
Every time I hear "Joy Division" on this forum I think about this:
3e26f295.jpeg

WildcatDen

That's one reason why I don't go to many big ticket sporting events and eat at them, I usually go load up at a McDs or what have you right before I park (same goes for concerts, etc.). MiLB concession prices are closer to theme park prices, and I'm more apt to buy food/drink at those games.
Not sure about other teams, but the Reds allow you to bring in your own. Last game we went to we stopped at Subway and got the $5 footlong's. Also had some 24 ounce Diet Dews from Kroger (on sale 6 bottles for $2.50). Only item we purchased at the park was a bag of peanuts (outside the park for $2.00) For a family of 4, it cost us less than $15 to eat at the game.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom