Soda price increase at all locations throughout the Magic Kingdom

jlevis

Okay, here's a solution, at least for veterans. Join the American Legion. I just had lunch there and a can of Coke cost me $1.00. And, a large cheeseburger and 1/2 order of onion rings cost $4.00. We'll be at WDW in a couple of weeks and I'll be happy to pay their prices too.

jlevis

We carry Brita bottles with the filter. Fill them up when we leave for the parks and as need when there. Free water.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Are the beverages in question made with pop water or soda water?

Case closed.:D

There is no question that pop is made with soda water. My point exactly....soda is an ingredient of pop!

So open the case back up, and hand me one of whatever is in it. :D

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Indeed, I can attest that drinks at Disneyland are more expensive. Large is $3.29, or at least it was in June -- maybe it's more now!

Yes, I was shocked when I visited DL a few years ago and a soda was more than $3. After that, I always thought that a soda at WDW was a bargain!

bugsbunny

A large soda day for each person in a family of 4 over 7 days is ($2.89 *4) * 7 = $80.92. And that is one large drink a day which is probably a minimum when you consider how much work your body is doing to get through the park, heat, humidity, etc.

Assuming you are drinking a normal amount of fluids a day, you are easily spending $200 a week on soda/water. Yeah, I know, resort prices. :ROFLOL:

Javier Boughton

a 30 cent increase? and all this fuzz?

anyone can bring a cooler with 25-35 cent cokes bought at walmart, thats what we did last year.

and nothing beats opening your ice cold 30 cent can..

you dont want to carry it? bring a stroller.

dont have small kids for the stroller? bring the stroller for just the cooler, no one checks that each stroller needs a kid to enter the park.

i would think that 30 cents is more a way to compensate cooling costs, salary increases etc..

Mansion Butler

A large soda day for each person in a family of 4 over 7 days is ($2.89 *4) * 7 = $80.92. And that is one large drink a day which is probably a minimum when you consider how much work your body is doing to get through the park, heat, humidity, etc.

Assuming you are drinking a normal amount of fluids a day, you are easily spending $200 a week on soda/water. Yeah, I know, resort prices. :ROFLOL:
If hydration is what you're worried about (and it should be), you shouldn't be guzzling that much soda.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member

If the $200 a week will impact the enjoyment of the vacation (and I can certianly understand why it would), then you can always switch to water. It handles the hydration better anyways. The $200 is really only for taste.

But as long as we're playing this game, you left out sales tax.

misterID

a 30 cent increase? and all this fuzz?

anyone can bring a cooler with 25-35 cent cokes bought at walmart, thats what we did last year.

and nothing beats opening your ice cold 30 cent can..

you dont want to carry it? bring a stroller.

dont have small kids for the stroller? bring the stroller for just the cooler, no one checks that each stroller needs a kid to enter the park.

i would think that 30 cents is more a way to compensate cooling costs, salary increases etc..

haha Do you have a BBQ grill on that stroller, too? :D

Figment1986

on days when it is HOT out the only soda that is alright is those without caffieen... so fanta or sprite. That said it makes me happy I carry around my SeaWorld and Universal mugs when i go to those parks... cause with my discounts I get soda for around $0.75 at both parks.

There is always getting a cup of ice water for free from the soda fountains though... it's good for you, esp on hot summer days.

BigTxEars

IMO even with the increase in price those soda prices are very reasonable in todays world. Heck of a lot cheaper than most places like movies, sporting events etc.... :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom