Soda price increase at all locations throughout the Magic Kingdom

Uncle Lupe

the-end-is-near-homer-simpson1-185x250.jpg

PalisadesPkteer

Looks like a neat park :)

Yea, it really is. There are fewer and fewer older and smaller theme parks that have survived.

This park

http://www.lakecompounce.com/

was opened in 1846. Yes, that is correct, 1846. It is the oldest, continuously-operating amusement park in North America,

May not have all the Big time stuff like the big boys but really is fun.

Disney could learn a few things that they have forgotten along the way from places like this. Free Pepsi all day long!

Live only 2 - 3 miles from the park. By the way, they are adding a water park expansion that will double the size of the current area they have for water park.

But as far as the soda price, Six Flags is much worse than Disney.

Add: Those are REAL Boulders and REAL trees you are zipping through on Boulder Dash and it is built on a REAL Mountain. Take that Disney!!
And the lake is REAL fresh water lake also. So there!

BigTxEars

Yea, it really is. There are fewer and fewer older and smaller theme parks that have survived.

This park

http://www.lakecompounce.com/

was opened in 1846. Yes, that is correct, 1846. It is the oldest, continuously-operating amusement park in North America,

May not have all the Big time stuff like the big boys but really is fun.

Disney could learn a few things that they have forgotten along the way from places like this. Free Pepsi all day long!

Live only 2 - 3 miles from the park. By the way, they are adding a water park expansion that will double the size of the current area they have for water park.

But as far as the soda price, Six Flags is much worse than Disney.

Add: Those are REAL Boulders and REAL trees you are zipping through on Boulder Dash and it is built on a REAL Mountain. Take that Disney!!
And the lake is REAL fresh water lake also. So there!

Agree, you can not buy heritage like that. I think regional parks are great. There is something neat about how they become part of the local culture and heritage. If I ever roll into the lotto I could see myself going cross country for a year just hitting all the different parks and eating corndogs everyday :)

Location is important as well. We have a park (Fiesta Texas) in San Antonio which is built is an old abandoned quarry, really is a neat look IMO.

GenerationX

It's still cheaper than our local Six Flags.

The resort is not Soda Century, it's Pop Century, therefore Disney believes that the proper name is in fact "pop". Disney is not alone. Here's the infamous soft drink generic name map showing that all of the cool areas agree:

popvssodamap.gif

rob0519

Reasonable increase? It's like a 19% increase. Most people get a 2-3% pay raise a year these days. I hardly call this reasonable. Ask a cast member when was the last time they got a .40 an hour raise.

Record attendance, record profits and the public still has to pay more. Guess it's more water on the next trip.

AEfx

all i have to say is BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. When a glass of soda costs at the MOST 30 cents for a 20oz, these prices are outrageous. Then again disney gets all their soda for free dont they? They are making money hand over fist.

Oh well what you going to do, if you want a soda bad enough youll buy it i guess lol, I know i would :)

Have you bought a fountain soda anywhere else lately?

That's still on the lower end, of even restaurants, not to mention huge tourist/captive meccas like concerts, ballparks, etc..

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It's still cheaper than our local Six Flags.

The resort is not Soda Century, it's Pop Century, therefore Disney believes that the proper name is in fact "pop". Disney is not alone. Here's the infamous soft drink generic name map showing that all of the cool areas agree:
I reject both of your conclusions based on the following evidence. In regards to Pop Century, "pop" is an abbreviation for the word "popular" as in pop music, pop culture, etc. Your map is being rejected based on the Appeal to Popularity fallacy. Just because a large number of people do it, does not make it correct.:D

hpyhnt 1000

I reject both of your conclusions based on the following evidence. In regards to Pop Century, "pop" is an abbreviation for the word "popular" as in pop music, pop culture, etc. Your map is being rejected based on the Appeal to Popularity fallacy. Just because a large number of people do it, does not make it correct.:D

If I may jump in as an unbiased observer, you might want to revise that last part. If you look at the map, you'll notice that the many of the major population centers (pop centers for short ;)) use the term "soda." Apart from the rust belt region, the other areas where "pop" is used contain relatively few people considering the amount of area thats covered. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if more people say "Coke" than "pop." But anyway, my point is that you may be undermining your own argument. :wave: :lol:

800px-USA-2000-population-density.gif

*Yellow=fewer people. Blue=more people. Year 2000

popvssodamap.gif

DonaldDoleWhip

:ROFLOL: I've never stayed at Pop Century, but I always thought the "popular culture" thing was obvious.

Anyway, I don't really care about soda prices going up. All food/drink prices are rising everywhere. And I don't drink soda anyway. I guess I would be annoyed if the price of a water bottle went up 25-50 more cents.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
If I may jump in as an unbiased observer, you might want to revise that last part. If you look at the map, you'll notice that the many of the major population centers (pop centers for short ;)) use the term "soda." Apart from the rust belt region, the other areas where "pop" is used contain relatively few people considering the amount of area thats covered. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if more people say "Coke" than "pop." But anyway, my point is that you may be undermining your own argument. :wave: :lol:
Yes and no. The argument from popularity is an invalid argument so I would never use it, even if it was in my favor. My argument for use of the word soda when describing the myriad of carbonated beverages available is based on the proper name for the primary ingredient, soda water. I would also accept the actual names of the individual soda recipes such as Sprite, Mountain Dew, Dr Pepper, etc. I would even go so far as to call all cola products Coke but I will never concede to calling carbonated beverages pop.

I must say, this is so much more fun than arguing the economic validity of price increases.:lol:

rsoxguy

Bear Grylls advocates drinking one's own urine during times of emergency. Just something to consider the next time that you are not willing to sacrifice $2.59-$2.89.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom