Soda price increase at all locations throughout the Magic Kingdom

Uncle Lupe

So what it is called is regional. Do you have a brand loyalty no matter what the price? If there are 2 cases of pop side by side but one is $2 cheaper do you buy the cheaper one even if it's not your favorite brand but one you still like?

jlevis

So what it is called is regional. Do you have a brand loyalty no matter what the price? If there are 2 cases of pop side by side but one is $2 cheaper do you buy the cheaper one even if it's not your favorite brand but one you still like?

I drink Coke. We have a discount pop distributor near us. The stuff is crap. I'm not sure what the price differential is but I drink Coke.

boufa

Heck yes! I reality, I would go down the street to the store that had my choice (Pepsi) on sale. They alternate weeks around here.

Funny thing is that while I call it pop, I order it simply as "I'll take a diet"

erasure fan1

I guess a little explanation is in order here.

Since Coca-Cola is a very southern invention that went worldwide it became a catch-all phrase for any "Soda" in general conversation.

Yup, another good example is Ipod. I have a few different MP-3 players and its funny how most people will say "hey what kind of Ipod is that?" :lol:

trr1

anyway back to the disscussion
in some places they call their fathers Pop and their grandfathers Pop-Pop

RSoxNo1

There are a few locations that don't have soda at the 2.19/2.49 price (or the former price. Does anyone know if the prices changed here:

Liberty Tree Tavern: $2.69
Backlot Express: $2.39
La Cantina de San Angel: $2.50

GenerationX

Well, fellow "pop" lovers, it doesn't look like we're going to convince the so-duhhh crowd or the trademark busting Coke heads, despite the incontrovertible evidence. Pop Century, Pop Warner, Pop Culture ... the list goes on and on.

DonaldDoleWhip

Well, fellow "pop" lovers, it doesn't look like we're going to convince the so-duhhh crowd or the trademark busting Coke heads, despite the incontrovertible evidence. Pop Century, Pop Warner, Pop Culture ... the list goes on and on.
That's not evidence, as most of those "pop" phrases (as in "popular") have nothing to do with "pop" as in soda pop. :ROFLOL: New Yorkers say "soda," Californians say it, New Englanders say it - need I say more? :p

I don't really care that much about soda prices.

invader

Disney serves Coca-Cola refreshments. Soda and Pop are a generalization. When you want to watch a Disney movie, you don't say you want to watch an animated feature, you say it specifically, A DISNEY MOVIE. At Disney World you drink Coke. Have a nice day. :)

DonaldDoleWhip

Disney serves Coca-Cola refreshments. Soda and Pop are a generalization. When you want to watch a Disney movie, you don't say you want to watch an animated feature, you say it specifically, A DISNEY MOVIE. At Disney World you drink Coke. Have a nice day. :)
When you want to watch an animated movie, you don't say you want to watch "a Disney movie" if you actually want to watch Shrek. Likewise, if I want to get a Sprite, I wouldn't say I want a Coke because a Coke is a specific soda. I would say I want a soda, and then ask what kinds they have. :)

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I guess a little explanation is in order here.

Since Coca-Cola is a very southern invention that went worldwide it became a catch-all phrase for any "Soda" in general conversation.

In the south, if I'm going on break at work and going to a store for refreshments, I would tell my co-workers that "I'm going to the store to get a Coke...do you want anything?" That doesn't mean that I'm going to get a Coca-Cola, it simply means any soda pop (or Soda...if you will) I'm more than likely going to get a Dr Pepper...but "Coke" is just easier. Now my co-worker would NOT reply "Get me a 'Coke'"...they would specify what they want by Brand. If I'm ordering from a server at a restaurant, I would never say "Coke" meaning a soda...I would specify by brand, unless it's a self serve, ala McDonald's, then I WOULD just say "Coke" as that connotes any "Soda".

If you were to order a "Soda" at a southern bar...you will get just that...a glass of soda water! :lol:

Whereas, ordering a Pop would probably get you carded thinking that you wanted a lollipop!

But what do you say if you actually want a Coke? The brand. Basically, you have to ask for it twice!

BalooChicago

What did you do on vacation?
Oh, we went to Disney!
Yeah? What did you think of Everest?
Huh, never heard of it.
Oh, well, what about how "It's a small world" gets stuck in your head?
I have no idea what you are talking about.
Well, if you didn't go on Everest, or It's a Small World, what did you see?
Oh, Harry Potter, it was really cool! We had butter beer, and then went to see Shamu!

Coke |= Pop or Soda.

The Mom

Premium Member
Soda Fountains (which is where you went to purchase soda water, or soda, for short ) existed before the Coca-Cola company was founded, so I will continue to be a traditionalist and call it soda. ;)

boufa

That's not evidence, as most of those "pop" phrases (as in "popular") have nothing to do with "pop" as in soda pop. :ROFLOL: New Yorkers say "soda," Californians say it, New Englanders say it - need I say more? :p

I don't really care that much about soda prices.

Too late, even though it is wrong, the joke has stuck. Our family has begun referring to Pop Century as Coke Century! We are staying at Coke Century in a few weeks. The scrapbook pages darn near create themselves... thanks for the help.

It was also decided that for several of the buildings Coke Century was a more accurate name. The 50's would be pop century, the 60's would be pot century, the 70's and 80's would be Coke Century, and the 90's would be crack century.

PalisadesPkteer

Hey "The Mom", I remember the old soda fountains and ice cream parlors.
(You sure you are old enough to remember those days? Or hearing stories from much older siblings!)

So I call it soda also. My cousin who grew up in Canada calls it "pop'.

Some other relatives call it soda-pop so the discussion goes on....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom