Soda price increase at all locations throughout the Magic Kingdom

InLikeFlynn

Uh, not what I meant. If you go to the supermarket - what do you call the aisle with all the carbonated beverages in it?

Like, you generalized 'tea' in your example. You didn't specify "Tetley's" or whatever.

I suppose I don't. If I had to be forced to put a name of them, I would call them soft drinks...but can't remember a time in my 34 years of life when I actually did refer to a carbonated beverage as a soft drink, either when ordering, offering, or just directing lost people in the grocery store.

Glasgow

Instead of "How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?" I submit the question .. "How many pages does it take our site to get completely off-topic or in a fight?".

My guess is the average is around 2

The Mom

Premium Member
Bag. (Unless you're firing someone.)

"Kleenex" or "tissues"? This one is like Coke v. soda/pop. I think we southerners tend to use brand names generically.

My mother would always say tissue, I use both names interchangeably.

Soda

In our Asda supermarket--which is owned by Walmart--Coca cola/Fanta/Sprite/Pepsi etc are down an aisle labelled "Fizzy drinks". Soft drinks are those without carbonated water, eg Cranberry juice, and Squashes.

BigThunderMatt

Man Disney must be grasping at straws if they have to raise the price of baking soda at their QSR locations...

Oh...WAIT you mean pop right?

Did I jump in too late for that one?

RSoxNo1

In our Asda supermarket--which is owned by Walmart--Coca cola/Fanta/Sprite/Pepsi etc are down an aisle labelled "Fizzy drinks". Soft drinks are those without carbonated water, eg Cranberry juice, and Squashes.

Is this owned by the Wonka corporation?

AEfx

Shopping cart.

Bag or sack?
Aunt - pronounced more like Aren't or Ant? :lol:

Haha, are you originally from the north? Seems similar vernacular. ;)

It's a shopping cart, a shopping bag, and my Aunt is my Ah-nt, LOL. When people say "Ant" I think of something I step on. ;)

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Soda Pop.

There you have it...thanks for coming. I will be here all week.
Soda Pop still has a connotation of taking sides....

There is a similar debate about the English language between the USA and England. That's what makes English a very difficult language to learn for non-natives, there are so many idiosyncrasies in the language and so many synonyms and regional differences and dialects.

"Pop" is no more correct than the spelling of the word "colour"...it just depends upon who you ask.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom