Trip Report Social Disneying *completed*

Social Disneying

So we just returned from a much needed trip to the World!

I did a semi live trip report but wanted to do a more thorough full report and what our thoughts and experiences were going back in this crazy world we have been stuck in for almost a year now.

This year was the longest gap in Disney trips for us in years. We usually do yearly 10 day trips but took advantage of AP’s in 2018 and 19 and went 4 times from September 2018- August 2019. I was way overdue for some Pixie Dust to put it mildly.

The whosits and what’s its galore!

Myself, Gigi-

DisneyB, my patient hubby that has put up with my addiction to all things Disney for 30 plus years now.

And my precious Stinker- (3rd trip) He is as addicted to Disney as his Gigi is. I taught him well. ;)

The where- The Yacht Club (my first stay here and a major Disney Bucket list item to check off!) January 10-16th.

Most people that are familiar with my reports know I despise being in a car. It is torture. For me and for B- because I complain like a 4 year old. He chooses to drive at night so I will fall asleep and not make him question why he agreed to make the trek with me again. I had a tall glass of wine that evening and took a couple of melatonin gummies after Stinker was back out in the car. I fell asleep pretty quickly in SC and did not wake up until a little past Savannah so B had a good drive down. If I make it that far, I am so excited to be that close and don’t complain as much. I nodded off again around Jacksonville and we were at the gate around 6:30 am!
1C7CDE53-F8F6-4F95-92E7-E07E78D884EF.jpeg

It was before 7:00 am when we pulled into the YC and I got the text the room wasn’t ready but B went in to ask, just in case- Score! We got a first floor room just across from the quiet pool and laundry.

6363F706-92D1-41C0-823F-1869B1A790C1.jpeg

A64AC508-7F12-4DB0-9E31-756A71C97CA6.jpeg

While he went in to check on that I had my screen open and ready to try for RotR. Ya, right, as quick as I was, it was a big fat no!
A78075E2-FA40-4F68-B03A-D0DEAE0870C8.png

The room being ready though definitely took a little of the sting away.

We freshened up, unloaded a few things and made the walk to DHS and was in the park around 8:40ish.

I was so shocked that the Christmas stuff was still up. Glad I got to see it again.

We headed straight here-
4890BFDB-BCD4-4444-AD43-BD8E34578509.jpeg

And by 11:30 had been on Slink, Aliens and TSM twice each!
E1943ED9-5C6F-4393-9E4E-C76A91A2F146.jpeg

5D27CA07-2FFC-4D5C-A359-34AB800E04FF.jpeg

187C4560-7E59-466A-B2E8-83295FB11A6D.jpeg

Not bad after being out on the open road all night-
CA5E4C52-0D47-46C2-97DB-DF1C48B79653.gif

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
I've been sitting here for like ten minutes now trying to figure out what BC is, but I'm (almost) positive you aren't taking birth control for a headache?! 😂😂
😂 No- I forgot outside of the south they don’t exist.
95EA09A8-4D1E-4BF5-AE54-52139C7A64F3.jpeg

I ran out on my trip to Disneyland and California. Nobody had a clue what I was talking about. I ended up crushing several aspirins and chasing it with black coffee. (For the caffeine)

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
We headed to Aliens, rode it twice in a row little less than 10 minutes each time.
E3885B3C-2A5C-4F6F-9F74-FD04268E8573.jpeg
68462AFC-6477-4041-A569-F16A65D6CED5.jpeg

Then to Toy Story Mania, two rides, one with B one with Geeg. I can’t remember how long the wait was and didn’t write it down. It wasn’t long though. A steady slow pace walk to stay 6 feet away. One thing that bothered me on these two rides were the glasses were a wreck, no cast member handing them out. So they had been touched a lot it looked like. I had been alcohol wiping them down anyway so no big deal, but most people were not. It goes on your face for the love of the Lord???
028BEFC2-536F-453A-9DF1-90C89EFA6140.jpeg
3F51C8F2-BDC7-4B28-80B4-00D99FAD41D7.jpeg
2CF7EF19-E32C-44B2-9DF5-09FCEEBB7797.jpeg
FDB83C9F-46EC-48F4-8486-BA7ABD7C4E8B.jpeg

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
😂 No- I forgot outside of the south they don’t exist. View attachment 528849

I ran out on my trip to Disneyland and California. Nobody had a clue what I was talking about. I ended up crushing several aspirins and chasing it with black coffee. (For the caffeine)

Ooooh 😂😂 if you get in a bind again, excedrin makes a tension relief pill that's just tylenol and caffeine

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Ooooh 😂😂 if you get in a bind again, excedrin makes a tension relief pill that's just tylenol and caffeine
Thanks, I had the same problem you did not being able to wear my sunglasses. I wear high powered contacts and the sun fries my eyes without sunglasses and usually gives me a migraine. I had packed my prescription meds for this trip (fiorocet) but thankfully it didn’t get that bad or I would have been knocked out the remainder of the day.

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
We were hungry by this point and since we were at Toy Story Land, I went to order. It had no open windows. I kept refreshing and finally one showed up, we hung around hoping for a table and right a B was picking up someone left. I didn’t wanna touch it but also wanted to claim it. A very sweet CM saw me and came and thoroughly cleaned everything while I parked close by.

B and I got the sandwiches (brisket, so much better than the fiasco at Sunshine Season’s)and also a Tater Tot bowl. Stinker got the Pop Tart and Tater Tots and his 500th Chocolate Milk.
05C8C82E-C1F5-464C-820E-67C82A2289C1.jpeg
EEA5ECDE-1F6A-49CF-8F65-E356F45C911B.jpeg
162E0F9D-3B93-4EAD-BA07-3F9FFF7A91F8.jpeg
A54E5B79-17B3-42C7-94DA-F08D3CDCFF03.jpeg
5A97C334-5F4C-492E-BDBD-E3ACFF470292.jpeg

I hated not seeing that sweet smile under the mask. His smile melts me into a million pieces. I have this framed on my mantel.

And right now, with a rare day to myself- the house is spotless, it is freezing cold outside so I am going to bundle up and binge watch WandaVision again to see if there is anything I may have missed. Anybody else loving this show??? So good to have new Marvel material again!!

2E6C0953-5D00-46E5-90DD-A1656D4A5635.gif

Last edited:

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
We headed back to the center of the park. I wanted to stop here, but remembering the no strollers, after chocolate milk and a pop tart, decided to skip it this time.
11E75951-1588-4354-9B6F-9AEE6B37640E.jpeg
03D2EB04-2D49-44D1-9BB5-0D0C75626890.jpeg
1CB810F7-4A34-4294-8AF3-D751A63434D9.jpeg

We all 3 unanimously agreed that we wanted to do this next!!
82705A87-1195-48B7-8632-18A0E629B183.jpeg
B59C4F8C-E507-4388-9C60-545FE74646F2.jpeg
AE9F4406-AB1C-4977-B0EB-5DB6C3F2A26F.jpeg

2909354D-DA8A-45C9-A834-81CC46137CF9.jpeg
7A2DE4D3-9512-4273-92B5-055AC3159A3E.jpeg
B3FE333C-7C80-40AA-B7BE-1ED5EE8F9FB9.jpeg
76292046-B278-4CA4-BA24-9C444E24FCFD.jpeg

Again, I hated to see the Great Movie Ride go. I hate change. Tweaks, I can handle total change not so much. I adored this! We all did. So glad we got to do it twice and with such short waits. I still hope that all those animatronics are still somewhere, intact. I will at least pretend they are. ;)

The park closed at 7 and it was right around 6:00 when we got off, I still had shopping I needed to do here, so Stinker and I shopped for his mom and Tinker, and not being the best Star Wars person- that is all Tow Mater even remotely likes at age 8 that is Disney- is Star Wars. (Doesn’t even like Marvel, much to my dismay) 😑

B had a beer while we shopped, then I sent him back in to the chaos that was the Star Wars part of the shops, while Stinker had a juice box and I had a Bloody Mary. That was my go to, when I had something. It is different when you take a little one. Just one here and there. To be honest, I can enjoy adult trips, like our F & W & Club Villain trip- but these trips are my favorite. ❤️

(Stinker Sr. already had his gifts purchased by his momma earlier in the week)

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
The smoking section wasn’t crowded so I stopped to smoke. I was really weird about that because you are exhaling. I didn’t smoke at the park entrances unless it could be spaced well apart. AKA, not much! A view looking back to a very dead DHS!
FC0649D4-EBAD-4A5C-9A03-2AA807F1006D.jpeg
D0C286F4-FA7E-4F71-BFCE-80E4856BF0EF.jpeg
751BB6C6-D800-4F36-BEBD-D1A67497B089.jpeg
06D5ABD2-A219-484F-8B47-5523454D7410.jpeg
18590133-B19B-4E16-B010-F5F5B227E8CC.jpeg

Goodbye DHS. 😭 Goodbye Palm Trees.

Goodbye ToT. Sorry I didn’t get to ride you but I wouldn’t trade what I did get for the world. ;)

Stinker’s last ride, was his favorite ride. The Skyliner, at night and so crazy windy. To the degree B was like don’t move!! I videoed it again for my son, the 6’5 burly fellow, that will never ride this.
C3035B20-0796-4699-9C65-399B6B8BA6B8.jpeg
617425D1-235A-4D19-A657-DC8A1D64DB5B.jpeg
8E7EB800-C369-43CD-8E2E-B56D27D51170.jpeg

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
When we exited the Skyliner, I knew we were going to load the car and pack up, so I stopped to smoke again. This guy comes up to us and takes a full money clip out and asks if he could buy a cigarette.

This has happened to us, so many times, I cannot count.

I, answered with, of course you can, but I don’t want any money.

-Well, I really feel like I have to give you something.

-Again, no. Do you want more than one?

-No, I don’t even smoke. But on vacation, why not.

So I handed him one, which was awkward, I didn’t want to touch the end or the filter. (Covid) I also didn’t want him to touch the pack.

Lit it for him, then I hurriedly put mine out when sprinkles of rain fell. It was just one of those weird Disney moments that we seem to draw, sometimes. We let him know that Disney does, or did, at resorts, have limited cigarettes and lighters. At least they did as far back as 2019. You have to ask for them. The parks front gift shops also used to, but haven’t had to ask since 2000. I only mention it because of how many times someone has tried to buy a cigarette from me. 😂

I snapped some quick pics afraid it was going to come a downpour.
6FF785A1-F85A-42ED-BFCE-2D9272C4C8BB.jpeg

05E07B17-A91E-4896-A2F0-95EF02C585DC.jpeg
C8E46B17-2AE4-4A90-B0C8-4DCCD313D9CB.jpeg

5FD9BFD8-65FC-4281-BCEE-583236B92BEF.jpeg
674AD36B-EC0D-46F1-B0E2-4B9023661577.jpeg

B, is not a dog fan- when he saw dogs walking through the hotel, he was iffy. And to be fair, our stay at Ft. Wilderness Cabins we had dog hair all over our socks, and my allergies were insane. As I get older they get worse. Cats, bunnies I can deal with Poodle type dogs- not shedding type dogs anymore.

Anyway, he thought the carpet, bless his heart, (my southern sass is coming out) thought the carpet was dirty. (Aka Dog pee)

YC room was completely clean, and if there were dogs it didn’t bother me at all. No hair, like at Cabins. It just so cracked me up that he kept talking about dirty carpet. Then it hit me. It is a map B! Old and aged, like you would purposely do with tea, to age something😂😂😂😂

Wouldn’t trade him for the world! 😂

Final thoughts and a few pics from departure day.😭

Last edited:

tommcp516

When we exited the Skyliner, I knew we were going to load the car and pack up, so I stopped to smoke again. This guy comes up to us and takes a full money clip out and asks if he could buy a cigarette.

So I handed him one, which was awkward, I didn’t want to touch the end or the filter. (Covid) I also didn’t want him to touch the pack.

Lit it for him, then I hurriedly put mine out when sprinkles of rain fell. It was just one of those weird Disney moments that we seem to draw, sometimes. We let him know that Disney does, or did, at resorts, have limited cigarettes and lighters.
You know, Mr. Disney was apparently a big smoker, but they went to great lengths to keep that a secret.

Maybe that mysterious gentleman that you encountered that night was the ghost of old Walt himself wandering around the resort in search of a smoke...

WD.jpg

See, you got to experience your own ToT after all!!

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
You know, Mr. Disney was apparently a big smoker, but they went to great lengths to keep that a secret.

Maybe that mysterious gentleman that you encountered that night was the ghost of old Walt himself wandering around the resort in search of a smoke...

View attachment 529017

See, you got to experience your own ToT after all!!
He did have a hat, vest and tie! Who knows? I am sticking with this story though! 🥰 😂

Songbird76

After we waved bye to Ariel & Prince Eric, the boys wanted to ride the Speedway again. I videoed them instead of riding.

Then we got in line for Buzz, almost at the door and Stinker goes No!!!! Not this one- the Big Buzz one. I was like baby this is the only Buzz ride. He was calling Aliens Buzz because of the big Buzz!!! So I was like is that what you wanna ride and he ways yes. Gigi, of course said well let’s go!! The lady behind looked at me shrugged her shoulders and was like- well ya- why not? Exactly!! He is only little once. We stopped for a quick pic on the way out.

View attachment 528815

I wouldn’t be back here, so I took a few more shots looking back as we walked out.
View attachment 528816View attachment 528817

And one of my hero- Stinker pointed and said he has my middle name Geeg.
View attachment 528818

Yes sweetie, he sure does!! ;) 💕❤️💕
I'm confused....what ride does he call Buzz?

fractal

Lit it for him, then I hurriedly put mine out when sprinkles of rain fell. It was just one of those weird Disney moments that we seem to draw, sometimes. We let him know that Disney does, or did, at resorts, have limited cigarettes and lighters. At least they did as far back as 2019. You have to ask for them. The parks front gift shops also used to, but haven’t had to ask since 2000. I only mention it because of how many times someone has tried to buy a cigarette from me. 😂

I snapped some quick pics afraid it was going to come a downpour.
View attachment 529002
View attachment 528996View attachment 528997

View attachment 528999View attachment 529001

B, is not a dog fan- when he saw dogs walking through the hotel, he was iffy. And to be fair, our stay at Ft. Wilderness Cabins we had dog hair all over our socks, and my allergies were insane. As I get older they get worse. Cats, bunnies I can deal with Poodle type dogs- not shedding type dogs anymore.

Anyway, he thought the carpet, bless his heart, (my southern sass is coming out) thought the carpet was dirty. (Aka Dog pee)

YC room was completely clean, and if there were dogs it didn’t bother me at all. No hair, like at Cabins. It just so cracked me up that he kept talking about dirty carpet. Then it hit me. It is a map B! Old and aged, like you would purposely do with tea, to age something😂😂😂😂

Wouldn’t trade him for the world! 😂

Final thoughts and a few pics from departure day.😭

It's possible I may have, from time to time, offered to buy a single cigarette from someone; especially after a few (too many) drinks. :rolleyes:

That, however wasn't me that night, so the ghost of Walt theory is still possible. :)

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
It's possible I may have, from time to time, offered to buy a single cigarette from someone; especially after a few (too many) drinks. :rolleyes:

That, however wasn't me that night, so the ghost of Walt theory is still possible. :)
😂😂 I think we must just look really friendly. It happens almost every trip. B is a talker too so he usually strikes up a lengthy conversation but I wasn’t willing to get soaked with the wind blowing.

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
It saddens me a bit for this report to come to an end. Unlike previous years before 2020, I would have another trip planned or even a couple. Closing this one out I know we will go back, but it won’t be until at least fall. The heat and masks I just could not do.

Like I said in starting this report and my Pretrip report- I have done very little since this whole thing started and it had really wore me down. We usually do lots of things, Disney, the beach, I adore movies, you couldn’t do that either. I never realized how I took things like Chuck E Cheese and indoor fun parks we take Stinker to for granted until I couldn’t do it anymore.

I really needed this trip and while some things are missing and different right now, it still felt like Disney. The pixie dust hasn’t left, it may not be as widespread as before but it is still there.

As far as feeling safe- I really feel like they are doing the best job that they can. The walkways and exits that get as crowded as they ever did, I just don’t know how there is much they can do about that. People seemed to mostly distance in lines but outside of that just didn’t seem to care. There were several times that made me nervous but it is better than shopping where I live. Christmas here was insane and usually 1/4 of the people wore no masks. I was also very impressed with the constant wiping down of rails, doors, everything it seemed. I brought enough hand sanitizer to kill a horse but was also very impressed with how many Disney has put in place.

The only thing I would really complain about was the food. Menus have been cut ridiculously at Counter Services and there is no reason for the food to barely warm when you pick it up immediately. If I had it to do over again, I would have done all table services

So to sum it up- this certified germaphobe, that woke up in a panic several times wondering if I should cancel- Had a ball! I would go again in a heartbeat. It felt so good to be home and even with the masks, and worries of getting sick I felt like a little girl waving at Mickey just like I always do.

Getting to take Stinker again before he starts school??? Perfection. Most of you that read my old trip reports know what an awful time I had when my kids got older. Here I am, round 2 starting school just months from now. We still have the summer just he and I though. It will be time to open the pool before we know it! (Another reason I don’t do pools on vacation, I stay in ours everyday)

Anyway, thank you all for reading and following along with our journey. Planning the trip and reliving it through the reports is part of the fun!

See Ya Real Soon and until then- I hope to enjoy many reports on here to help me make until the next one!

Gigi

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom