Trip Report Social Disneying *completed*

Social Disneying

So we just returned from a much needed trip to the World!

I did a semi live trip report but wanted to do a more thorough full report and what our thoughts and experiences were going back in this crazy world we have been stuck in for almost a year now.

This year was the longest gap in Disney trips for us in years. We usually do yearly 10 day trips but took advantage of AP’s in 2018 and 19 and went 4 times from September 2018- August 2019. I was way overdue for some Pixie Dust to put it mildly.

The whosits and what’s its galore!

Myself, Gigi-

DisneyB, my patient hubby that has put up with my addiction to all things Disney for 30 plus years now.

And my precious Stinker- (3rd trip) He is as addicted to Disney as his Gigi is. I taught him well. ;)

The where- The Yacht Club (my first stay here and a major Disney Bucket list item to check off!) January 10-16th.

Most people that are familiar with my reports know I despise being in a car. It is torture. For me and for B- because I complain like a 4 year old. He chooses to drive at night so I will fall asleep and not make him question why he agreed to make the trek with me again. I had a tall glass of wine that evening and took a couple of melatonin gummies after Stinker was back out in the car. I fell asleep pretty quickly in SC and did not wake up until a little past Savannah so B had a good drive down. If I make it that far, I am so excited to be that close and don’t complain as much. I nodded off again around Jacksonville and we were at the gate around 6:30 am!
1C7CDE53-F8F6-4F95-92E7-E07E78D884EF.jpeg

It was before 7:00 am when we pulled into the YC and I got the text the room wasn’t ready but B went in to ask, just in case- Score! We got a first floor room just across from the quiet pool and laundry.

6363F706-92D1-41C0-823F-1869B1A790C1.jpeg

A64AC508-7F12-4DB0-9E31-756A71C97CA6.jpeg

While he went in to check on that I had my screen open and ready to try for RotR. Ya, right, as quick as I was, it was a big fat no!
A78075E2-FA40-4F68-B03A-D0DEAE0870C8.png

The room being ready though definitely took a little of the sting away.

We freshened up, unloaded a few things and made the walk to DHS and was in the park around 8:40ish.

I was so shocked that the Christmas stuff was still up. Glad I got to see it again.

We headed straight here-
4890BFDB-BCD4-4444-AD43-BD8E34578509.jpeg

And by 11:30 had been on Slink, Aliens and TSM twice each!
E1943ED9-5C6F-4393-9E4E-C76A91A2F146.jpeg

5D27CA07-2FFC-4D5C-A359-34AB800E04FF.jpeg

187C4560-7E59-466A-B2E8-83295FB11A6D.jpeg

Not bad after being out on the open road all night-
CA5E4C52-0D47-46C2-97DB-DF1C48B79653.gif

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
I thought I would share a few pics of our amazing beach trip with you guys- especially since originally, we had planned on being at WDW to ring in B’s 50th. (Covid and taking a January trip, changed that)

I am a Jekyll Island girl…. But- for this we went back to our “old beach” where we could get a big oceanfront house, not a hotel. Houses on Jekyll, are so far off the beach. I wanted a different, more homey experience for this trip. So I chose Holden Beach. A place where we first visited after so being over Myrtle Beach, as a family beach, away from the hustle and bustle. Our first trip was shortly after getting married. We went again when my son was 6 1/2 months, again when he was about 18 months, then our last trip there he was 2 1/2. Haven’t been back since then.

I forgot how much I love it! While it was more crowded than Jekyll, still slow crowds, you could fish, play and everything you want from a beach. I am about go, go, go at Disney. The beach, I enjoy the beach. I don’t want to go eat, shop, etc. I enjoy the slow pace change from Disney trips.

We did do one day at Ft. Fisher and took in the aquarium. We always did that on past trips. I love driving onto the Ferry and riding across the mouth of the Cape Fear River.

Some things like the fishing excursion, I bought for B and my son, didn’t pan out, because of high winds- but we had a ball and so glad to spend time with my son again. We had not been on vacation since September 2017 together!

And good news to all, we did not set the house on 🔥 with B’s 50 candles 🎂 I had a fire extinguisher just in case!

Stinker and I walked to the beach first, after we unpacked. He was so excited!
79A0FF6B-27D4-4583-ADDC-1016099E6894.jpeg

Found some shells, and just played!
DA7960D8-7F39-4900-B810-612ADE02C49A.jpeg

Tow Mater, checked out the water.
5E84975B-489E-46D7-8B11-D21CFE68CC7D.jpeg

The next day they caught a shark! Just a tiny baby, not like the big ones at Jekyll.
30FD176E-760D-49A2-9E15-514A27470ED2.jpeg

Tinker was all smiles!
ACCD7806-AFE2-4CC8-9FD9-11220409AD08.jpeg

Got a selfie with my boy. ;)
9A6060FB-DD69-4404-9571-F3D5DBE48D01.jpeg

Chased a few Ghost Crabs,
CE02FAE7-9B1B-4524-AD71-D629AB38F9C0.jpeg

Playing in the sand
CBFF6FE8-E977-47F5-8E5E-2D1334969EBC.jpeg

And a living room with a heck of a view!
C213C064-D098-426C-811D-D682AD14A21C.jpeg

Swissmiss

Premium Member
@DisneyGigi - I absolutely had to bump your TR today to post these. I often go running by the lakeside, and it always makes me think of you because of all the ducks, water birds and swans. This morning there was a momma with her babies catching a ride.
4C0ADE7D-60CA-491F-8EE0-894CFF9B1237.jpeg
B517D69E-A66A-4AF9-A2D4-ED2C54E46D6C.jpeg
28E8E399-9099-4620-AAA8-A6FCF5D3441E.jpeg

It shows up much better in the video I took, because you can see them poking their heads out. And I ran into a coworker and his wife who told me I just missed seeing the dad swim up to give them some food.

Attachments

• 72779B1C-96FF-4476-8009-146F1B141F74.jpeg
    72779B1C-96FF-4476-8009-146F1B141F74.jpeg
    32.2 KB · Views: 61

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Bumping this thread to share an update.

We have been battling COVID-19 for the past 3 weeks.

Spread like wildfire through work, and everybody, kids included, had it in our family. I had already had it once last year, it didn’t hold a candle to this bout. I ended up with double pneumonia and liver and kidney damage. Hopefully temporary.

On about day 12, I went back to doc and was prescribed Ivermectin, Steroids, an antibiotic and inhaler. It was a last moment effort to keep me out of the hospital and it worked. A miracle, as far as I am concerned. I was that sick. Lost 19 lbs in 2 weeks. Could not lift my head, or breathe. Woke up the next day a different person.

The news is overrun with warnings against Ivermectin, and I am not telling anyone to take meds for animals. I wouldn’t do that. (Ivermectin is a Horse De Wormer, but is also prescribed to humans) But all I know, is the doctor prescribed meds helped me so much. I am still shocked that I am still here, and forever grateful. What concerns me, is the reports saying not to take it even if prescribed by a doctor. This drug totally turned everything around for me, in 24 hours. I am not saying don’t get vaccinated and again not saying take drugs for animals. BUT- if your doctor prescribes it, it helps. It is an old drug, with little side effects. I just worry about how many people that get as sick as I was, and would maybe not make it.

Again, not an anti vaxxer, or a snake oil person. My doctor prescribed me Ivermectin and I am better. Lungs clear, kidneys and liver, still have to heal, but I am here. I just wanted to share my experience and how, I am still here, when it was looking very bleak. It worked for me. Do not be afraid of an old trusted drug, just because the news is hammering people self treating with drugs for animals. 😘

Tinker is 1! She had Covid but kicked it’s hiney. 🙏🏻 (All the kids did)
E36EB8BC-7972-4378-9F7F-9D325A187A70.jpeg

Stinker had it a little bit more than she did, but he is good now. It is the end of an era, he starts school Monday. 🥺
A1A4B8E0-BAAF-4B75-8E65-0F8A5078E78B.jpeg

Songbird76

Happy first birthday to Tinker! So glad the meds worked for you. I had seen something about the horse de-wormer on facebook, but thought it was a hoax. I hadn't heard of anyone actually taking it. Glad you are here and recovering! Hope the damage is just temporary. Do you have lung damage, too? That's one I've heard is pretty common. I also heard that the vaccine doesn't seem to work for certain high risk people like those with organ transplants. My BIL had a kidney transplant and he's obese and has athsma, so he's extremely high risk. He got vaccinated, but his doctor did a blood test and said there are hardly any antibodies in his blood, which means the vaccine hasn't really done anything for him, which makes me anxious for him. Your experience is exactly what I worry about...it sounds awful.

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Happy first birthday to Tinker! So glad the meds worked for you. I had seen something about the horse de-wormer on facebook, but thought it was a hoax. I hadn't heard of anyone actually taking it. Glad you are here and recovering! Hope the damage is just temporary. Do you have lung damage, too? That's one I've heard is pretty common. I also heard that the vaccine doesn't seem to work for certain high risk people like those with organ transplants. My BIL had a kidney transplant and he's obese and has athsma, so he's extremely high risk. He got vaccinated, but his doctor did a blood test and said there are hardly any antibodies in his blood, which means the vaccine hasn't really done anything for him, which makes me anxious for him. Your experience is exactly what I worry about...it sounds awful.
My lungs, are miraculously okay. My liver and kidney functions are insane still. I have autoimmune disease and it apparently attacked my organs. I am still so weak, and so skinny. My muscle mass, just left.
When my doc told me a controversial drug, I did not care what it was. I recognized the name, we have had horses. I was too sick to make the connection. The drug isn’t a hoax, but people don’t need to take animal versions of it.

lindawdw

Bumping this thread to share an update.

We have been battling COVID-19 for the past 3 weeks.

Spread like wildfire through work, and everybody, kids included, had it in our family. I had already had it once last year, it didn’t hold a candle to this bout. I ended up with double pneumonia and liver and kidney damage. Hopefully temporary.

On about day 12, I went back to doc and was prescribed Ivermectin, Steroids, an antibiotic and inhaler. It was a last moment effort to keep me out of the hospital and it worked. A miracle, as far as I am concerned. I was that sick. Lost 19 lbs in 2 weeks. Could not lift my head, or breathe. Woke up the next day a different person.

The news is overrun with warnings against Ivermectin, and I am not telling anyone to take meds for animals. I wouldn’t do that. (Ivermectin is a Horse De Wormer, but is also prescribed to humans) But all I know, is the doctor prescribed meds helped me so much. I am still shocked that I am still here, and forever grateful. What concerns me, is the reports saying not to take it even if prescribed by a doctor. This drug totally turned everything around for me, in 24 hours. I am not saying don’t get vaccinated and again not saying take drugs for animals. BUT- if your doctor prescribes it, it helps. It is an old drug, with little side effects. I just worry about how many people that get as sick as I was, and would maybe not make it.

Again, not an anti vaxxer, or a snake oil person. My doctor prescribed me Ivermectin and I am better. Lungs clear, kidneys and liver, still have to heal, but I am here. I just wanted to share my experience and how, I am still here, when it was looking very bleak. It worked for me. Do not be afraid of an old trusted drug, just because the news is hammering people self treating with drugs for animals. 😘

Tinker is 1! She had Covid but kicked it’s hiney. 🙏🏻 (All the kids did) View attachment 581447

Stinker had it a little bit more than she did, but he is good now. It is the end of an era, he starts school Monday. 🥺 View attachment 581448
I'm so glad to hear that you're doing so much better after taking the Ivermectin! I've followed quite a few doctors since the start of COVID 19 who also touted the effectiveness of Ivermectin and only wish more doctors in the U.S. would prescribe this to their patients who struggle with this virus. I'm glad you were able to receive such great care from your doctor and will pray for a complete recovery for you. 🙏 🙏 🙏 🥰

littleroo

I am relieved to hear that you are feeling better and pray your organs heal rapidly! We are all too battling covid here. It definitely spread like wild fire through our house. Brinley will not be starting kindergarten on time. My husband and I were both vaccinated. He has had every symptom to some level. Mine seems just to be a severe sinus infection with cough. The kids have very mild symptoms thankfully but it is holding on. I just want people to be aware this is no joke!

The pictures of your grandchildren are beautiful and I loved the beach vacation pictures! Get well fast!!

lindawdw

I am relieved to hear that you are feeling better and pray your organs heal rapidly! We are all too battling covid here. It definitely spread like wild fire through our house. Brinley will not be starting kindergarten on time. My husband and I were both vaccinated. He has had every symptom to some level. Mine seems just to be a severe sinus infection with cough. The kids have very mild symptoms thankfully but it is holding on. I just want people to be aware this is no joke!

The pictures of your grandchildren are beautiful and I loved the beach vacation pictures! Get well fast!!
I pray you're all feeling better soon. 🙏 🙏 🙏

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom