Soarin' Expansion and new Soarin' Around the World film

FigmentForver96

Nope, nope , nope, nope, nope. Don't care if it's the first time. Our limit is normally 20 minutes, but we'll stretch it to 30 if it's something that we really want to go on. Any more than that, we'll get to it on a different trip. Of course, going there multiple times every year means that it won't be that long a wait.
Yea when you go many times sure you can skip and try again. Many don't get that luxery

MrPromey

I was hoping for more queue improvements. I wish they had decided to theme it as an airport, rather than as a nicer hallway than before. I can understand why the whole queue wasn't originally themed, because maybe they didn't anticipate the crowds and the fact that people would be regularly waiting in the entire line. But now there is no excuse. They could've done nothing, so at least they made it a bit nicer. But the queue improvements fall short of what I was hoping for.

Hopefully those screen showing clouds are just a temporary thing for whatever it might be they have planned to go along with the new movie. Not that it would fully address the theme of this area but hopefully the've replaced the dated group kinect games with something that'll better serve the crowds that get packed into this area for long periods of time.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Yea when you go many times sure you can skip and try again. Many don't get that luxery
I'm not going to apologize because we can afford to go multiple times per year. You can always get there right at rope drop, go directly there, and usually ride with minimal waits for any attraction. Even 7DMT would be less than 30 minutes at rope drop.

Chef Mickey

Nope, nope , nope, nope, nope. Don't care if it's the first time. Our limit is normally 20 minutes, but we'll stretch it to 30 if it's something that we really want to go on. Any more than that, we'll get to it on a different trip. Of course, going there multiple times every year means that it won't be that long a wait.
I go up to 5 times per year too, but I think you're only looking at it from your own perspective because of the current reality of your situation. If you take out the fact you've ridden everything multiple times and have the ability to ride it later (but relatively soon) waiting less time, I'd argue there are several worth waiting 3 hrs.

Imagine you never rode ToT and you can only ride it once for 5 years. I'd say it's an attraction definitely worth a 3 hour wait.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I think you're only looking at it from your own perspective because of the current reality of your situation. If you take out the fact you've ridden everything multiple times and have the ability to ride it later (but relatively soon) waiting less time, I'd argue there are several worth waiting 3 hrs.

Imagine you never rode ToT and you can only ride it once for 5 years. I'd say it's an attraction definitely worth a 3 hour wait.
Well of course I'm only looking at it from my perspective, because how long a person is willing to wait is a completely personal decision. Even if we only visited every 5 years (the horror), we still wouldn't wait 3 hours for anything. Just us.

It's quite obvious that some people are willing to wait that long and even longer for certain attractions or meet & greets, but we're not.

Chef Mickey

Well of course I'm only looking at it from my perspective, because how long a person is willing to wait is a completely personal decision. Even if we only visited every 5 years (the horror), we still wouldn't wait 3 hours for anything. Just us.

It's quite obvious that some people are willing to wait that long and even longer for certain attractions or meet & greets, but we're not.
I'm trying to get you to take out all the variables like number of times you've ridden it, number of times you can ride it waiting less, and the fact Disney has Fast Pass to mitigate lines.

ToT is definitely an attraction that, in a vacuum, is worth a 3 hour wait if that's your only option and you won't get a chance to ride anytime soon.. Many people visit once or twice in a lifetime and it's something that shouldn't be missed because of queue time.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I'm trying to get you to take out all the variables like number of times you've ridden it, number of times you can ride it waiting less, and the fact Disney has Fast Pass to mitigate lines.

ToT is definitely an attraction that, in a vacuum, is worth a 3 hour wait if that's your only option and you won't get a chance to ride anytime soon.. Many people visit once or twice in a lifetime and it's something that shouldn't be missed because of queue time.
Hmm, but if I have never ridden the attraction, I may not think it is worth a 3 hour wait anyway. You have ridden the attraction, and think it is worth it, but if I'm a once in a lifetime guest, and haven't done any research, I wouldn't know how good it is, and all I'm looking at is that it is 3 hours. Some may choose to wait, but many would not.

Chef Mickey

Hmm, but if I have never ridden the attraction, I may not think it is worth a 3 hour wait anyway. You have ridden the attraction, and think it is worth it, but if I'm a once in a lifetime guest, and haven't done any research, I wouldn't know how good it is, and all I'm looking at is that it is 3 hours. Some may choose to wait, but many would not.
That's the point. As a person with no idea, you'd rely on people like me telling you that ToT is an attraction worth a 3 hr wait.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
That's the point. As a person with no idea, you'd rely on people like me telling you that ToT is an attraction worth a 3 hr wait.
But remember, I'm from Brazil and have done no research whatsoever, so have no idea what the ride is even about. I'm going to base my decision on whether or not to ride only on how long the wait is and what else can I do instead.

Disney Analyst

But remember, I'm from Brazil and have done no research whatsoever, so have no idea what the ride is even about. I'm going to base my decision on whether or not to ride only on how long the wait is and what else can I do instead.

Good point, to someone with no real insight or prior knowledge, you see a huge wait time as a sign for a good attraction. It's a snowball effect. The larger the wait, the more people will inadvertently join the line, as the attraction must be amazing. Then you walk by an attraction such as Figment, with a low wait time... and you keep walking, as it must not be worth riding... and thus, everyone just gravitates between a few rides.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Good point, to someone with no real insight or prior knowledge, you see a huge wait time as a sign for a good attraction. It's a snowball effect. The larger the wait, the more people will inadvertently join the line, as the attraction must be amazing. Then you walk by an attraction such as Figment, with a low wait time... and you keep walking, as it must not be worth riding... and thus, everyone just gravitates between a few rides.
Excellent point. It does seem like more would join a line thinking that the attraction was awesome when it has a 3 hour wait. Of course, it could also be because it has a real low hourly ride capacity.

raymusiccity

I know it's contrary with keeping Disney's characters out of EPCOT, but, instead of clouds, show all of the old, aviation themed cartoons. 'Goofy Glider' would be perfect!. It would make the wait time go by faster, as long as they made the selection at least 90 minutes before it repeats.

image.jpeg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom