Soarin' Expansion and new Soarin' Around the World film

MrPromey

Interestingly enough, while they are showing the old pre-show, they are showing the DCA version of it, not the Epcot one. I'm not sure if that is intentional or not.

Given the incredibly limited run of this, they probably opted to use the digital transfer they'd made for DCA instead of making a new one or editing the DCA one to put the Epcot version in.

MrPromey

So even with the added theater it does nothing to shorten wait times? Hmm....

That may work out to be the case, just like it may be with TSMM in HS. Added capacity doesn't necessarily mean shorter wait times if they were already in a position where demand wasn't being met and people who wanted to ride when there was lower capacity weren't riding. They could very well continue to have just as long of wait times but manage to cycle
asymptotic.png
50% more people through a day with those same wait times. I'm sure this would be counted by TDO as a win and in fact, it does mean more people get to experience the attractions even if the standby line does remain ridiculously long.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
There's video of people walking into the third theater from today on Twitter.

I believe we had heard before that, yes, the third theater would be open, but one of the other two (either concourse A or B) would not be open resulting in only two of the three theaters being open... the question is if that fact is true or not...

No Name

This brings capacity (theoretical) up to around 2400? That's pretty good. I like their decision to add a third theater.

I was hoping for more queue improvements. I wish they had decided to theme it as an airport, rather than as a nicer hallway than before. I can understand why the whole queue wasn't originally themed, because maybe they didn't anticipate the crowds and the fact that people would be regularly waiting in the entire line. But now there is no excuse. They could've done nothing, so at least they made it a bit nicer. But the queue improvements fall short of what I was hoping for.

The video itself, from the pics, looks very nice.

Chef Mickey

There is no attraction anywhere in the world worth a 3 hour wait. None.
I disagree with that. When ToT first opened and you rode it the first time, it'd be worth the wait. Same with Everest with a working Yeti. Same with new Pirates in Shanghai (I'm speculating).

I'm coming at this from the angle of riding an attraction the first time. Many of these rides would theoretically still be worth a reasonable wait, but Disney has spoiled us with always being able to get out of lines.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I disagree with that. When ToT first opened and you rode it the first time, it'd be worth the wait. Same with Everest with a working Yeti. Same with new Pirates in Shanghai (I'm speculating).

I'm coming at this from the angle of riding an attraction the first time. Many of these rides would theoretically still be worth a reasonable wait, but Disney has spoiled us with always being able to get out of lines.
Nope, nope , nope, nope, nope. Don't care if it's the first time. Our limit is normally 20 minutes, but we'll stretch it to 30 if it's something that we really want to go on. Any more than that, we'll get to it on a different trip. Of course, going there multiple times every year means that it won't be that long a wait.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom