Soarin' Expansion and new Soarin' Around the World film

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Im guessing the Chinese government could have had something to do it with. That's why I think there no way Shanghai will be a failure because their government wont let HKDL do better. never underestimate the power a communist government.

But that doesn't explain what benefit they get from it.

olie64

But that doesn't explain what benefit they get from it.

As stated above, when it comes to the Chinese government its all about bragging rights. Why did they need to build a island in the south china sea other than to prove they could. I would beat now they will always try to get the first of something esp. if it going to be going into HKDL also.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
As stated above, when it comes to the Chinese government its all about bragging rights. Why did they need to build a island in the south china sea other than to prove they could. I would beat now they will always try to get the first of something esp. if it going to be going into HKDL also.

Yes, but there are so many more significant things for them to brag about then a new film for a ride that other parks already have, and a film that will only be exclusive for a short time. They should (and already are) bragging about things like the Tron coaster, the huge castle and the new Pirates ride.

olie64

Yes, but there are so many more significant things for them to brag about then a new film for a ride that other parks already have, and a film that will only be exclusive for a short time. They should (and already are) bragging about things like the Tron coaster, the huge castle and the new Pirates ride.

I agree with you 100%. But Im sure there where some "deals" made about certain things going there first. I hope this is false because It will be opening like a couple days after we leave. I hope they open it in Late May at EPCOT.

Also don't underestimate the hatred the Chinese Government has toward HK.

Wikkler

For many guests, DCA has had a better ride lineup than Epcot since opening day.
What a wonderful ride line-up indeed on that marvellous first day.
  • Soarin' Over California
  • Grizzly River Run
  • California Screamin'
  • Maliboomer
  • Sun Wheel
  • Jumpin' Jellyfish
  • Golden Zephyr
  • Orange Stinger
  • King Triton's Carousel
  • Mulholland Madness
  • Superstar Limo
All classics, every single one of them.

Last edited:

No Name

What a wonderful ride line-up indeed.
  • Grizzly River Run
  • California Screamin'
  • Maliboomer
  • Sun Wheel
  • Jumpin' Jellyfish
  • Golden Zephyr
  • Orange Stinger
  • King Triton's Carousel
  • Mulholland Madness
  • Superstar Limo

Looks like you decided to list DCA's worse rides (with the exception of Soarin). What about TSMM, RSR, Little Mermaid? Very biased list there. And a good ride means something completely different than a classic. A brand new ride could be the best thing ever built but it couldn't be a classic for a long time. DCA's rides are all too new to be classics.

Edit: misread the post he was responding to, I appologize.

Last edited:

Wikkler

Looks like you decided to list DCA's worse rides (with the exception of Soarin). What about TSMM, RSR, Little Mermaid? Very biased list there. And a good ride means something completely different than a classic. A brand new ride could be the best thing ever built but it couldn't be a classic for a long time. DCA's rides are all too new to be classics.
1. Opening day lineup
2. I was being facetious.
I was quoting the wrong person, actually, let me go back and fix it.

No Name

1. Opening day lineup
2. I was being facetious.
I was quoting the wrong person, actually, let me go back and fix it.
Oh and I missed that you were only listing the opening day attractions, so my fault there. I appologize, I should've read more carefully.

So I do agree with you, don't know anyone who actually thought DCA had quality attractions on its opening day, other than Soarin.

Last edited:

RSoxNo1

What a wonderful ride line-up indeed on that marvellous first day.
  • Grizzly River Run
  • California Screamin'
  • Maliboomer
  • Sun Wheel
  • Jumpin' Jellyfish
  • Golden Zephyr
  • Orange Stinger
  • King Triton's Carousel
  • Mulholland Madness
  • Superstar Limo
Admittedly my first trip had Aladdin A Musical Spectacular and Tower of Terror.

disreport

So I finally got to experience IMAX Laser at the Chattanooga Aquarium and it was amazing. Are we looking at the same type of quality post-refurb for Soarin?

Jon81uk

So what exactly does Shanghai gain by having the new film first? It's not like it's going to be exclusive to them very long, I can't see it having much extra publicity value considering they are opening a whole new park along with it.

I think hai park was meant to open much earlier? Maybe even a year ago? If that was the case, they would have a years exclusive. I agree though it wouldn't have much value as it isn't going to make someone go to Shanghai instead of Florida.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes

Ghost Cities, Killer Smog to mention a few others.

Daveeeeed

Hey does anyone know if the Flight of Passage is still going to use relatively the same technology of the ride system for Soarin'? I wonder though what is going to be the grand finale for Soarin' Over The World.

Goofyernmost

Hey does anyone know if the Flight of Passage is still going to use relatively the same technology of the ride system for Soarin'? I wonder though what is going to be the grand finale for Soarin' Over The World.
More modern digital projection is part of the upgrade. The rumor is that the ending will be connected to whatever resort you are in at the time. Disneyland will be the Disneyland resort and WDW will be WDW resort and so on.

Daveeeeed

More modern digital projection is part of the upgrade. The rumor is that the ending will be connected to whatever resort you are in at the time. Disneyland will be the Disneyland resort and WDW will be WDW resort and so on.
Thanks, but do you know if Flight of Passage will use the same technology? I would assume if it is it would probably have more movement, and would have a huge visual increase on Soarin' Over The World's large visual increase/projector upgrades. Didn't know about the finale being themed to the respective resort you are at. Thanks for telling me that!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom