Soarin' Expansion and new Soarin' Around the World film

Pluto89

No there won't be any soft opens because it will remain exclusive for Shanghai on June 16.

There has been talk of Soarin' reopening with the original movie before the 17th, but that has not been confirmed, so I am doubtful.
Probably not. Many have been saying SDL will get first go and everyone else will follow.
Yes I understand that it is exclusive to Shanghai #ThanksShanghai! But I honestly could care less about seeing the new film I was just hoping they would open up the original until June 17th bc I have not been In 6 years and would love to get a last chance to ride the old one

oneillkat

Yup, just announced on the WD Parks Blog that June 17 will be the official opening for Soarin Around The World. I was really hoping for it to be open for my late May trip. Very sad, because it is my favorite ride, and I will just miss it. As much as I would love for it to reopen earlier even with the old film, I don't think it would be possible. New scents are a part of the new film, so the old film would be missing its original scents, and I doubt Disney would do that. :(

Pluto89

Yup, just announced on the WD Parks Blog that June 17 will be the official opening for Soarin Around The World. I was really hoping for it to be open for my late May trip. Very sad, because it is my favorite ride, and I will just miss it. As much as I would love for it to reopen earlier even with the old film, I don't think it would be possible. New scents are a part of the new film, so the old film would be missing its original scents, and I doubt Disney would do that. :(

I was thinking about the new scents and stuff too but you also have to remember that they still have two existing old theaters that they could still show the OG in and then switch out scents and video on June 17.

co10064

Premium Member
Possible it was just a malfunction, but the scents at DCA were off for the old film when I was last there a week ago

Pluto89

I see - As part of our continuing efforts to exceed the expectations of our Guests, Soarin' is currently closed for refurbishment. Please check back here for the latest updates and information about when it will reopen.
Exactly and if they were going to wait till may 31 why not just wait the 17 days till Shanghai actually opens. #ThanksShanghai for ruining all our vacations!

Pluto89

Do we even know if the old video would even be compatible with the new projection equipment that they are installing in the theatres?
Not really sure how difficult it would be, but I can imagine that it's not to hard. From my understanding it's just upgrading the resolution and things like that. No reason they could not just upload the video file and show it I doubt that it's an actual film reel bc in that case I doubt it would be possible

janiak1285

Not really sure how difficult it would be, but I can imagine that it's not to hard. From my understanding it's just upgrading the resolution and things like that. No reason they could not just upload the video file and show it I doubt that it's an actual film reel bc in that case I doubt it would be possible

Someone correct me if I am wrong but I do believe the original film is probably actual film. Digital IMAX taping methods did not come out until 2008 and even that isn't the true IMAX film resolution and ratio

Pluto89

Someone correct me if I am wrong but I do believe the original film is probably actual film. Digital IMAX taping methods did not come out until 2008 and even that isn't the true IMAX film resolution and ratio
You may be correct but I am under the assumption that throughout the years Soarin' has been up and running they have done a few upgrades here and there including switching to digital projectors. I could be wrong but I do believe that it's digital and the new upgrades are to make it a laser projection.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom