Soarin' Expansion and new Soarin' Around the World film

co10064

Premium Member
According to the My Disney Experience App, the reopening date is June 17th. Could be wrong, but this seems to confirm no reopening with the old film?

Also, I am assuming the name will just be advertised (signage/facades, park maps) as "Soarin'" in both parks, not necessarily "Soarin' Around the World"

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    305.1 KB · Views: 71

Rteetz

According to the My Disney Experience App, the reopening date is June 17th. Could be wrong, but this seems to confirm no reopening with the old film?

Also, I am assuming the name will just be advertised (signage/facades, park maps) as "Soarin'" in both parks, not necessarily "Soarin' Around the World"
Disney announced June 17th this morning...

co10064

Premium Member
Disney announced June 17th this morning...
Right, I was just commenting that if it were to reopen with the California film before this date, Disney might not have put this on the app. (But then again, who knows why they might have chosen to do that)

Last edited:

doctornick

Small update: the new Soarin offers 12 scenes from 6 continents. Add the Matterhorn to Great Wall, Sydney, and WDW.

Would it be safe to say that there is no variability? Or might it have 12 scenes, but more options than that allow for differences each showing?

(I'm ignoring the final scene being the "resort you are in" which will obviously be different between locations.)

Do we know if the WDW scene is Magic Kingdom or Epcot?

Hoping it's Epcot. Or, going back to my question, maybe it can alternate between the two.

FigmentForver96

Am I the only one who feels like Soarin's downtime has soared by? It seems like only yesterday I rode it for the last time and here we are, just a few weeks away from reopen.
No this one has seemed to pass by quickly. Of course we actually have a lot of projects opening this year so we've been keeping up with a lot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom