Soarin' Expansion and new Soarin' Around the World film

PinnySmart

Did anyone else think those two scenes (Sydney especially) looked computer generated? I thought the people on the Great Wall andthe boats on the harbor looked kind of "off." Maybe I'm just imagining things.
There was a lot of computer generated imagery in the original.

bhg469

Call me crazy but I think that footage is from a drone and not the helicopter that we saw a few years ago. If thats the case, oops more money wasted on a helicopter when a $1000 RC hobby would have sufficed.

No Name

Okay, so I I just relooked at the name of the attraction coming to Shanghai. Wow. I am very sad and astonished to now know that it will be called Soaring Over the Horizon. Yes, Soaring! Inggggg! I nearly had a heart attack when I saw the world Soaring was in the title. I don't care if it has something to do with translation. In English it is called Soarin', and it is without question a crime to add a g to the end. Regardless of any reason they can come up with. This blunder only throws a bone to those on here who have called it Soaring over the years. So annoying.

But I see through their trickery. And it's quite obvious that this is just another sneaky attempt by Disney to completely eliminate all apostrophes. Oh yes, the apostrophe crusade is not over.mI don't know if Tom Stagg's keyboard is broken or if their magical font has no apostrophe, or what is, but it's real, that's for sure. They got rid of one by renaming DCA in 2012, and they'll likely get rid of another by renaming Disney's Hollywood Studios. And the biggest offender, Rock 'n' Rollercoaster, is now being considered for a Guardians makeover. They got rid of Snow White's Scary Advertures, and is it some odd coincidence that Seven Dwarfs Mine Train didn't recieve that terrible form of punctuation? Hmmm....

Seriously though, I don't exactly know why it's being called Soaring, but it bothers me.

lazyboy97o

Okay, so I I just relooked at the name of the attraction coming to Shanghai. Wow. I am very sad and astonished to now know that it will be called Soaring Over the Horizon. Yes, Soaring! Inggggg! I nearly had a heart attack when I saw the world Soaring was in the title. I don't care if it has something to do with translation. In English it is called Soarin', and it is without question a crime to add a g to the end. Regardless of any reason they can come up with. This blunder only throws a bone to those on here who have called it Soaring over the years. So annoying.

But I see through their trickery. And it's quite obvious that this is just another sneaky attempt by Disney to completely eliminate all apostrophes. Oh yes, the apostrophe crusade is not over.mI don't know if Tom Stagg's keyboard is broken or if their magical font has no apostrophe, or what is, but it's real, that's for sure. They got rid of one by renaming DCA in 2012, and they'll likely get rid of another by renaming Disney's Hollywood Studios. And the biggest offender, Rock 'n' Rollercoaster, is now being considered for a Guardians makeover. They got rid of Snow White's Scary Advertures, and is it some odd coincidence that Seven Dwarfs Mine Train didn't recieve that terrible form of punctuation? Hmmm....

Seriously though, I don't exactly know why it's being called Soaring, but it bothers me.
I think it is just about how native Chinese speakers would pronounce the word. The bigger crime is that they just get the cooler name. Soarin' Over the Horizon is so much better than Soarin' Around the World.

Cmdr_Crimson

Let's just hope they figured that JUMP CUT The ride 2 has better transitions from place to place It's one of the things I hated. At least go into some clouds and transition that way...

Wikkler

Let's just hope they figured that JUMP CUT The ride 2 has better transitions from place to place It's one of the things I hated. At least go into some clouds and transition that way...
I know it's Disney, and this is just wishful thinking, but, assuming the Great Wall and Sydney scenes are adjacent, couldn't they have featured anything in between (Angkor Wat?), or would the rubes just be mad that more than half of Soarin' Around the World is devoted to Non-America.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom