Soarin' Expansion and new Soarin' Around the World film

EPCOTCenterLover

When DL opened, it was a brand new venture, and the outcome was hard to predict: would everything be completed? How would it be received? etc.

Now, 60 years later, Shanghai is scheduled to open half finished. Well, I guess there's no accounting for the Chinese govt. So Disney is off the hook for giving them a half finished project. But what's their excuse for WDSP and DCA 1.0?

RSoxNo1

Just noticed something interesting which may hint as to the planned reopening date of Soarin'. Mission Space switches from a Tier1 back to a Tier2 FP+ option on May 27th. This may support a planned Soarin' reopening on May 27th with the old film until June 17th.
Great catch, very likely Frozen Ever After related.

DisneyCane

We were there this weekend and went to the Land to grab some food (delicious muffins) at the food court. I can confirm the long awaited news that the new Women's bathroom is open. My wife gave it rave reviews.

Now that we are getting somewhat close to the reopening, does anybody have inside word on if there is any possibility that they are installing IMAX laser projectors? I have heard from discerning people that have seen IMAX laser and they are blown away by the image quality. I'm holding out hope that Disney spends the extra few million to use them.

Unplugged

I'm holding out hope that Disney spends the extra few million to use them.

Well, we know Disney hates spending excess money on things, but even more, they hate spending on maintenance budgets. In this case it would be the lights for the projectors. So from that perspective, perhaps going laser would appeal to their bean counters. It would be awesome to see the new digital every time one rides and know that the video will forever be flawless. Add the laser and the brightness would forever be bright. Too promising to believe (or have hope of)!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom