Soarin' Expansion and new Soarin' Around the World film

raymusiccity

I think the original was vastly superior, really added up to more than the sum of its parts. This one was great, but just doesn't quite reach that level.

I'm sure that there are plenty of scenes that are already 'in the can'. Why can't Soarin be set up like Star Tours? There would would always be the element of surprise, not knowing which adventure or country you were about to see. You could still be treated to Soarin Over California from time to time!

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I'm sure that there are plenty of scenes that are already 'in the can'. Why can't Soarin be set up like Star Tours? There would would always be the element of surprise, not knowing which adventure or country you were about to see. You could still be treated to Soarin Over California from time to time!
I never understood why a lot of attractions couldn't be like that... Particuraly Mickey's Philharmagic!! The technology is there, it just requires a bit more effort and imagination. Which I guess would require more $$$....... Sooo... I guess there's the answer.

RSoxNo1

Just and FYI: I just posted a new "Soarin' Around The World" video in 4K last night for anybody that is interested.

Far and away the best version of this I've seen. Well done.

It's a bit hard to tell though, did they CGI out the Epcot parking lot?

Beacon Joe

Just and FYI: I just posted a new "Soarin' Around The World" video in 4K last night for anybody that is interested.

Thanks for posting that.

That CGI looks horrible. Really horrible. So horrible that I have to wonder if that moron George Lucas was somehow involved.

I hope I'm wrong, but I cannot see how it will look any less fake on the big screen. I guess I'll know in a couple of weeks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom