Soarin' Expansion and new Soarin' Around the World film

OvertheHorizon

I still don't understand why they they move the ride back to the ground with the blue screen...

something that can't escape me is the idea that somehow they had to do it for liability where people might do stupid things when their feet hit the ground in the dark..
I noticed on the Shanghai video that the movie appeared to end with a view of the Milky Way. Is that true of the Epcot version too?

Pam Hates Penguins

I am so glad that they kept the original safety video....

My favorite part of the safety video:

"This includes, cameras, glasses, carry-on items, and of course....these little beauties."

Guy takes off his ears and gives a very disturbed look at Patrick...

Picture1.jpg

Will they every release the original Soarin' Over California on DVD?

djkidkaz

The new Soarin is fantastic! All of my issues with the original were rectified. Loved all the new locales and ending at Epcot, the transitions are way better, all the new scents are great. Overall it's just amazing and exactly what Soarin should be. My only question is what is actually CGI? I feel like there is a lot more stuff added and some I wasn't sure. Like the elephants, polar bears, Taj Mahal building all looked very crisp so maybe it's just the great quality now but it's hard to tell.

Progress.City

Have they installed the digital projectors because the EPCOT version from the video seems dark in comparison to both the Shanghai and DCA versions?

Jahona

Have they installed the digital projectors because the EPCOT version from the video seems dark in comparison to both the Shanghai and DCA versions?

Yes they have. I've seen videos from Shanghai that were dark as well. It depends on the camera and if the exposure is correct. People that have ridden Soarin recently have commented on how well it looks.

Progress.City

Another thing, they should have left in the Shanghai scene in the US versions. That scene looked so futuristic-looking that it reminded me of the Coruscant chase sequence from Attack of the Clones!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom