Soarin' Expansion and new Soarin' Around the World film

aaronml

Guys it's so good. I rode it twice this morning. The Fiji scent is better than the orange scent, hands down. The grass in the savannah smells so fresh. The transitions aren't cheesy, they really add an exciting element of actual flight to it. I'm not trying to fanboy too hard but honestly I left the theater in tears because it was so good.
What did you think of the Rose scent over the Taj Mahal?

Mat Cauthon

Ya'll are killing me!! All these reviews and spoilers and not a single spoiler button in site!! I don't get to ride until Oct and don't want to know any details. I'm going to have to ban myself from this thread.

kpilcher

It's really surprising to me that Disney opened this with no fanfare. Although maybe something was planned but cancelled given this week's events.

Disney and Universal both cancelled quite large-scale and expensive media events due to the tragedy at Pulse. Reps for both resorts told be (and I agree) that there was absolutely no way to continue with their existing plans hyping Kong & Frozen & Soarin' without seeming insensitive at best. A similar situation happened at Universal in 1998. The resort delayed the opening of "Twister: Ride it out" by several months because an F-4 tornado slammed Central Florida within a week or so of the planned original opening.

Bacon

Ya'll are killing me!! All these reviews and spoilers and not a single spoiler button in site!! I don't get to ride until Oct and don't want to know any details. I'm going to have to ban myself from this thread.
Nice Work Pal!

Mike S

Here's the Epcot version on Youtube:

I watched it because I already spoiled myself with the Shanghai version. The flow seems a bit off to me compared to the California version.
Would have been nice if the ending had been a pinch more customized for Epcot. I can certainly think of someone better then Tink...
4562298-8567610-thumbnail.jpg
Beat me to it. Figment and Dreamfinder would've gotten so much applause from fans it's not even funny. Figment himself would've worked too.

brb1006

I watched it because I already spoiled myself with the Shanghai version. The flow seems a bit off to me compared to the California version.

Beat me to it. Figment and Dreamfinder would've gotten so much applause from fans it's not even funny. Figment himself would've worked too.
I'm picturing as you fly over Spaceship Earth you pass by Dreamfinder's blimp featuring and Dreamfinder and Figment. Dreamfinder would wave and wink at the viewer before firing fireworks from the machine into the sky which triggers as the the finale. The firework and Dreamfinder's blimp idea came from reading the Figment comics.
21c04a8ddadaeab1c852222d12dfc961.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom