Soarin' Expansion and new Soarin' Around the World film

KrazyKat

Seeing that this is only a film, I hope they occasionally bring back the original California version. I'm guessing the motion and smells could easily be switched on a computer to sync with whatever version is playing?

Jon81uk

Why are they opening with the old film?

Last time i was there, it was so very grainy.

The film had degraded and got dusty due to poor maintenance. In California they switched to digital projectors so no dusty film issues. It is expected that they have added digital projection in Epcot too so improved quality. Also when they switch to the new film in June it's much easier to switch the digital file on a computer compared to switching out physical film.

dizneeboy

'm guessing the motion and smells could easily be switched on a computer to sync with whatever version is playing
I thought this too but when we rode the old version at California Adventure the end of April, the scents were not on. I asked a cast member why on our way out and she said the scents were set up for the new film and testing. If that is true (who knows) they cant switch the two. I really cant see why they wouldn't be able to though. The ride just isn't the same feel without the scents IMO.

KrazyKat

Yeah, when we road Soarin' at DCA last month we all noticed there were no smells (at least not from the film) included on the ride. It really adds to the realism of flying.

Goofyernmost

this is true, but the crowds may be up and queue enhancements may be a good thing. nothing like waiting in a long line, hallway!
This may just be me, but, the thing that I found most troubling about the standby queue was the width of it. When the distractions happened, and people stopped, others that were behind pass on the side. It is impossible to stop people from cutting ahead whether you are participating in the lame stuff projected or just delayed by others doing so. I found that very frustrating. I have no problem with people going ahead of me if I have stopped to participate, but, if I'm just waiting for the line to move enough for me to get past it is easy to lose many places in line to people who just happened to be on the clear path around them. The last time I was in the Standby line in places it was 5 or 6 people wide. All kinds of opportunity to lose ground. To me they need to employ some type of switch back system previous to the interactive area.

Marc Davis Fan

Not sure why that is important really. The greatest thing that they can do to enhance the queue was add the theater so you can spend less time in it.

I agree that the third theater is more important than any queue enhancements. However, I also really appreciate the "placemaking" that is a hallmark of Disney theme park experiences, and Soarin's queue seems to really lack that. Something that adds to the story of this magic hangglider (or whatever) might add to the experience.

Mike S

I agree that the third theater is more important than any queue enhancements. However, I also really appreciate the "placemaking" that is a hallmark of Disney theme park experiences, and Soarin's queue seems to really lack that. Something that adds to the story of this magic hangglider (or whatever) might add to the experience.
Each glider has its own wormhole generator explaining why we're jumping all over the world :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom