Soarin' Expansion and new Soarin' Around the World film

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
I can't tell if you are being serious. Did negotiations actually fall through? The pre-show is not something I have heard much about, besides the fact that SHDL has a totally different one. The current Warburton one in Epcot doesn't specify California at any point as far as I can recall, so I don't see a reason why they couldn't stick with the existing pre-show.

A joke. I haven't heard anyone say for sure either way, but apparently when asked, He stated he was not called in to redo the pre-show. So whether or not it will be same pre show, or not is uncertain...

COProgressFan

I went to EPCOT yesterday and rode Spaceship Earth, Living with the Land and watched American Adventure. It was uncommonly cool and very nice outside yesterday for this time of year, in the 70's and getting even cooler by nighttime. Yet all three attractions were very hot inside (far hotter than the outside). SSE probably being the worst. The Land's problems are probably partially related to the busted doors to the greenhouse scenes, which are now perpetually kept in an open position (so improperly climate controlled air is travelling inside the rest of the showscenes). I have no doubt that the improper climate control results in the opposite problem when the weather drops into the 40's during the short winter season (causing rides to get colder than they should at those times). Though the majority of the year in Florida is extremely hot (90's and 100's mostly), so the lack of air conditioning is more glaring than a lack of heat. Either way, the climate control is very poor in most areas at WDW these days, and these issues were actually discussed on these forums a few years ago and confirmed by people with connections inside the company. One of the few places I still feel has good climate control is inside one of the buildings for Innoventions (an empty corridor near a character meet n greet that has a timeline of EPCOT's attraction history on the wall).

The monorails and even boat transport are also sweltering in the hotter months for the past few years. And all the times i've ridden Little Mermaid at MK the air conditioning has been extremely poor (there's even a place where additional cool air is supposed to blast you as you go below the "water surface", an effect that doesn't work when the air is not cool).

This has been a major problem the past few years. I've waited in sweltering heat in indoor queues, with attractions noticeably warmer than they used to be. I agree, SSE was especially bad. When properly air conditioned, those few moments of cold air indoors were a godsend that was very refreshing. Several members of our party during our trip in October noticed this as well (in-laws who hadn't been to WDW in many years), noting that even many of the shops don't feel especially cool anymore.

I'm sure Disney would trot out some line about "environmentality" but of course we know the real reason is the cost savings from lesser air conditioning load. I wonder if they keep the temperatures of the executive offices so warm? Hmmm, I think we know the answer to that one.

Kman101

I could have sworn that there would be a queue update or enhancement during this but maybe it was just the interactive stuff or it was cut, if a queue makeover even existed to begin with. It needs one.

This is Shanghai's (credit @DisneylandDrive on twitter) - https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CiGqgnBUoAE4Xo3.jpg

CiGqgnBUoAE4Xo3.jpg

Last edited:

michmousefan

I could have sworn that there would be a queue update or enhancement during this but maybe it was just the interactive stuff or it was cut, if a queue makeover even existed to begin with. It needs one.

This is Shanghai's (credit @DisneylandDrive on twitter) - https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CiGqgnBUoAE4Xo3.jpg

CiGqgnBUoAE4Xo3.jpg
Wow, that's just gorgeous, although I'd be surprised if any major changes to Epcot's queue were part of the budget for this refurb.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster

CiGqgnBUoAE4Xo3.jpg

I am curious what the "story" of this queue is and how it ties in with the ride.

gmajew

Do we know for sure nothing is being done to it? With all the money they have been spending on queues lately I can not imagine they leave it as it was....

RSoxNo1

Where is that first scene (Polar Bears and whale) supposed to be? What about the castle?

Edit: I'm saying Swiss Alps for Polar Bears and Neuschwanstein castle in Germany

Last edited:

flynnibus

Premium Member
After watching the new film.. it literally feels like just the name taken literally. Old film, just with global sites.

Incredibly hard to tell just from handicam footage.. but I'm not overwelmed. Great to see an update, but not sure if its an upgrade.

doctornick

So, is the rumor the ride film would be random (ala Star Tours 2.0) confirmed to be bunk, then?

Someone mentioned the option of switching between films easily -- and said there were three films possible (the original California one and...?). While I don't think it is true, might there be two different new films? Since both DCA and Shanghai have a two theater setup, they could have one always playing one film and the other playing the second film.

Again, I'm skeptical, just tossing it out there as conceivable.

aaronml

Someone mentioned the option of switching between films easily -- and said there were three films possible (the original California one and...?). While I don't think it is true, might there be two different new films? Since both DCA and Shanghai have a two theater setup, they could have one always playing one film and the other playing the second film.

Again, I'm skeptical, just tossing it out there as conceivable.
Soarin' theaters, at least in the USA, have been programmed to be able to switch between three films if needed, although as far as I know only two of them are used. They probably did that to make things easier for them if, one day in the future, they need to add another film.

PixieBeth

Ok, so I'm seeing all the incredible videos from Shanghai (Pirates!!) and we were hoping that once Soarin' premiered there, then Epcot would be free to show the new film, right?? :happy::happy::happy: Can I possibly hope for a soft opening for my early June trip now?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom