Soarin' Expansion and new Soarin' Around the World film

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm on your side, sir, but I think the building intended for the Rhine River Cruise is still there, built into the pavilion as it was originally constructed. Mr. Smith? @marni1971

Only a small part of it was built...

http://www.imagineeringdisney.com/blog/2012/2/17/rhine-river-cruise-mysteries.html

Imagineering-Disney_Rhine-River-Cruise-Map_640.jpg

Goofyernmost

It doesn't seem to me that there would be any need for a soft opening other then to relieve some of the crowd pressure. The don't need to public test the old one, we all know what that one was and they can sit in the bench and see how it develops on screen as well as we can. The also cannot have a soft opening for the new ride before it is opened in China. That would be a violation of the agreement since we would have seen it before they did. So, I wouldn't hold my breath on it. It would be nice if they went ahead and showed the old one in digital, but, like I said they don't have a real motivation other then crowd control.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
It doesn't seem to me that there would be any need for a soft opening other then to relieve some of the crowd pressure. The don't need to public test the old one, we all know what that one was and they can sit in the bench and see how it develops on screen as well as we can. The also cannot have a soft opening for the new ride before it is opened in China. That would be a violation of the agreement since we would have seen it before they did. So, I wouldn't hold my breath on it. It would be nice if they went ahead and showed the old one in digital, but, like I said they don't have a real motivation other then crowd control.

But a soft opening would be a good test of the new theater, and the crowd flow through the queue for three theaters instead of two.

Goofyernmost

But a soft opening would be a good test of the new theater, and the crowd flow through the queue for three theaters instead of two.
Well, it's either going to work or it isn't, wouldn't you think? I doubt that they will tear it down and start over if it doesn't work as planned, but, I probably wouldn't hurt to get an idea. I have no idea about what is involved with re-programing the show. If it's simple then they probably would be wise to do that. We all seem to think that it is a piece of cake to plug in a new show, but, I have my doubts. That is a lot of technology happening there and it's probably more then a simple flash drive. I won't be able to go in the near future so even if they do put the original back in for a couple of weeks it won't do me any good anyway.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Well, it's either going to work or it isn't, wouldn't you think?
Isn't that true of any new or refurbed ride? I think the soft openings are a chance to tweak the technology and mechanics of the ride, but just as important it's a chance for CMs to test out crowd flow, dispatch and the queue. Loading the ride should be the same, but there will be changes to the queue.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I wild expect some openings if only to retrain cms and try out the queue management. But that can be done with the old film... But like some reliable tipsters have said.

cornandacobb

A friend in a different forum said that she got a FPP for Soarin' at 9:30 AM on the 17th - so they must be available...

I got my two FPs for Soarin' immediately when released last week. I have one for 6/20 and one for 6/24.
I just checked for 6/20 are here is what is still available. I am a bit surprised.
FastPass+ Times
1:10 PM
1:40 PM
2:15 PM
2:30 PM
3:10 PM
3:35 PM
4:10 PM
4:55 PM
5:05 PM
5:40 PM
6:05 PM
6:45 PM
7:10 PM
7:35 PM
8:00 PM

Here is 6/24
FastPass+ Times
10:00 AM
10:50 AM
11:05 AM
11:30 AM
2:40 PM
3:05 PM
3:50 PM
4:15 PM
5:25 PM
5:45 PM
6:15 PM
7:00 PM
7:40 PM

Marlins1

I got my two FPs for Soarin' immediately when released last week. I have one for 6/20 and one for 6/24.
I just checked for 6/20 are here is what is still available. I am a bit surprised.
FastPass+ Times
1:10 PM
1:40 PM
2:15 PM
2:30 PM
3:10 PM
3:35 PM
4:10 PM
5:05 PM
5:40 PM
6:05 PM
7:10 PM
7:35 PM

Here is 6/24
FastPass+ Times
10:00 AM
10:50 AM
11:05 AM
11:30 AM
2:40 PM
3:05 PM
3:50 PM
4:15 PM
5:25 PM
5:45 PM
6:15 PM
7:00 PM
7:40 PM
The added capacity is going to help a lot. I think there will even be a decent number available in the morning for that same day. Different story for Frozen of course!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom