Soarin' Expansion and new Soarin' Around the World film

Rteetz

I guess I didn't think about there being a specific agreement. For what purpose though? Is it the idea that China is featured in the film and so they get to see it first? Just trying to understand.
Have you been following along with the Shanghai park much? If not I suggest reading up on it, it's quite the interesting project with a lot of backstory. The Chinese government is also not an easy group to work with. This is basically for bragging rights when it comes down to it.

lazyboy97o

I guess I didn't think about there being a specific agreement. For what purpose though? Is it the idea that China is featured in the film and so they get to see it first? Just trying to understand.
Shanghai Disney Resort paid for most of the production costs. Disney has a nasty habit of abusing their international partners (mainly the Oriental Land Company) when it comes to such matters.

Have you been following along with the Shanghai park much? If not I suggest reading up on it, it's quite the interesting project with a lot of backstory. The Chinese government is also not an easy group to work with. This is basically for bragging rights when it comes down to it.
Bragging doesn't have to enter into it and the costs and the decisions still go through the partnership. It's no different than Hong Kong Disneyland wanting exclusivity for Mystic Manor and Grizzly Gulch because they paid for its development.

Rteetz

Bragging doesn't have to enter into it and the costs and the decisions still go through the partnership. It's no different than Hong Kong Disneyland wanting exclusivity for Mystic Manor and Grizzly Gulch because they paid for its development.
Ok so if it's not for bragging rights or whatever than why the one day exclusive opening. What does that one day matter to them?

PixieBeth

I really haven't, obviously. I focus on the parks in the U.S. Don't mind learning about the others, just finding time is hard. Life, lol.

Rteetz

I really haven't, obviously. I focus on the parks in the U.S. Don't mind learning about the others, just finding time is hard. Life, lol.
There are several threads regarding the project on this vary board. You should care what's happening with those other parks as they are really affecting what is happening in the US Parks.

jt04

You gave one reason, and that reason has been disproven.

My point was that the new projectors might not be installed/aligned at WDW. Not only that but it may or may not be possible to switch shows easily. I would love to know of it is or isn't. If it is then DL may run both shows. In any case we will know soon.

Rteetz

My point was that the new projectors might not be installed/aligned at WDW. Not only that but it may or may not be possible to switch shows easily. I would love to know of it is or isn't. If it is then DL may run both shows. In any case we will know soon.
It's digital it's very easy to switch shows. They have been doing it at DCA. They test the new film at night and run the California version during the day.

jt04

It's digital it's very easy to switch shows. They have been doing it at DCA. They test the new film at night and run the California version during the day.

Very very interesting. If they are smart they will keep both shows. Love that.

Now if we could just talk them into a scarier Haunted Mansion at night.

RSoxNo1

Was the original film digitized? If not, I doubt it will be returning. Not only that but the new ride has to be programmed.

Sounds like the false rumor mill troll machine at work.
DCA has a digital version of Soarin' Over California.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom