Soarin' Expansion and new Soarin' Around the World film

flynnibus

Premium Member
Let's just hope they figured that JUMP CUT The ride 2 has better transitions from place to place It's one of the things I hated. At least go into some clouds and transition that way...

That is a key element to the impact of the scenes. That combined with the music is a very large part of the emotional tugs the attraction has over people. You remove those cuts you remove a lot of the punch and awe.

I'm not sure people quite understand how this attraction has such universal appeal and why people get off clapping every time.

It's going to be incredibly hard for Disney to bottle lightning again. That soundtrack is everything to the attraction. I sure hope they get it right

Virtual Toad

It's going to be incredibly hard for Disney to bottle lightning again. That soundtrack is everything to the attraction. I sure hope they get it right

Well said Flynn. Soarin's music followed successfully the tradition of musical excellence that made classic EPCOT attractions unique and spectacular. The heavy investment in EPCOT's early music still lives on -- and pays off-- today, even if many of the original attractions are long gone. Here's hoping the new Soarin' soundtrack is up to the task.

cornandacobb

Yeah, I was online at midnight last night trying to swap out a couple TT fast passes for Soarin. Nothing.
"FastPass+ Service Unavailable"

Anyone have some intel on this?

LittleJMouse

Sorry if this has been covered in the previous 103 pages but I was under the impression the 07 film would still run in one of the three theaters. Are they only going to be playing the new film? Thanks

peter11435

Sorry if this has been covered in the previous 103 pages but I was under the impression the 07 film would still run in one of the three theaters. Are they only going to be playing the new film? Thanks
It will only be the new film as far as we know. I doubt they would want to deal with the nightmare of guests choosing which to see and the added capacity would be negated by guests now wanting to ride twice. Also the attraction opened in 01 and 05.

Brian Swan

Maybe this is else where but hoping someone knows... When Soarin and Frozen open will they be in Tier 1 along with TT when booking fast passes.
As Soarin' has always been tier 1, I have no reason to believe that it won't be when it reopens. No official announcements regarding Frozen, but the general assumption is that it will be tier 1 as well. It will be interesting to see what they do with the A&E M&G...

Zipadeelady

As Soarin' has always been tier 1, I have no reason to believe that it won't be when it reopens. No official announcements regarding Frozen, but the general assumption is that it will be tier 1 as well. It will be interesting to see what they do with the A&E M&G...
Thanks for the opinion. I was just hoping that TT, Soarin and Frozen wouldnt all be in tier 1. I guess I'll just have to wait and see. I can't make FP+ until the end of May anyway.

hpyhnt 1000

Can't comment on Sydney Harbor, but the Great Wall doesn't really have much smell. The few places where you can go inside smell kind of like a musty cellar...

So, it smells like Spaceship Earth then? (Seriously, though, I actually love that mix of mildew, Rome burning, air conditioning, and Florida humidity.)

Might have missed this in earlier pages, but has there been any word on queue changes? It'd be nice if they did away with some of the industrial hangar aesthetic; at the very least I hope it all got a good scrubbing, dusting, and repainting.

doctornick

I'm hoping that they get rid of tiers at Epcot. Probably won't happen immediately after FAE and new Soarin' open, but maybe by the end of the year once the hype dies down. FAE and the new A&E M&G provides two more high demand attractions to the tally for the park and the extra Soarin' theater allows for a greater number of FP+ available for that ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom