So is anyone not going anymore? (I'm still a fan. lol)

Sans Souci

The crowd to cost ratio is just too high, I live in an urban area and as I get older I want to spend more of my vacation time in nature/ quiet places.

This is kind of where I am. I get anxious in crowds. For our week long vacation last summer, we booked a beach house in an off the beaten path beach town in NC and did stuff down there. The beaches were empty and there were lots of different excursions to do, such as SUP and kayaking. I love WDW and I love taking in the small details while I am there, but it's increasingly difficult to do when it's thronging and heaving.

Zipadeelady

I'll be going once this year but after that the Husband and Son want to go elsewhere. My Disney loving girls are in/going into college and can't go as easily as before so it'll be a few years before I'll make it back. Maybe for a solo trip. :happy:

Rumrunner

so with all the post on the parks being anything between "disappointing to bad" has anyone made the decision to not go back to WDW?

I've actually got two trips plan this year.
We have reservations for June-3 families of 12 people. We have already decided if they are going to close MK at 10 each night it will be our last trip. Absolutely no reason to close MK at 10 during the summer.

Buried20KLeague

We’ll be back for the first time in three years in a couple weeks. We’ve gotten our Disney fix in between at the other Disney resorts around the world... where we think the value and quality it much higher than Florida.

But that being said, we’re not park hopping for the first time, and devoting much more time to uni than ever before.

We used to take 3 trips a year for 10 days each. Stayed on site. No more.

TDO is admittedly getting SOME of my money this year... but not NEAR what it used to.

Instead, the only AP I currently hold is for Hong Kong Disneyland.

thomas998

Probably going to stop doing WDW for a while. Maybe do DL if the Disney bug hits but our favored time for Disney has just gotten too crowded and when we factor in the average number of rides we have been getting that we really wanted to ride on a per day basis they are so few and far between that the cost per ride is mind numbing when you think about it. I think we get more decent rides per day at DL in the fall when we tend to go.

erasure fan1

We went every year less 2 (when each of my kids were just born). That was from 94' 95' ish up until 2013. At that point we went to the beach 3 times and did Disney once. We did use DVC points to stay for a couple days but not go into the parks. Our next trip wont happen until 2019 or 20. That is if Star Wars doesn't create a super jump in prices (and I think it will) and it prices us out.

yensid67

I think most posters forgot what the OP asked, "So is anyone NOT going anymore?" Most of the posts said they are returning. I for one have 1 LAST TRIP planned and that will be it for me! We are getting to the point the prices of the tickets alone kill us before any other planning is done! So May 2019 will be our last trip!

John park hopper

Went in May 2017 had a good time but there was so much closed and the cost (for us) has become and issue the crowds were not bad during the week but got heavy on the weekends which was not enjoyable (for us). We probably won't go back until late 2021 -2022 with the granddaughters that will be our last visit MK 50th anniversary

Astro_Digital

I think I will go back several years after Star Wars Land opens. Will not be able to get anywhere near the place for a long time after it first opens..... So sometime in the mid 2020s.... maybe

DisneyPrincess5

Still going for sure, just going less often.

Last trip was 3/2016, now we’re going 5/2018 and it’s the perfect time in between for us. It gives us time to save, go on other vacations, and allows us time to actually miss it and get excited about going back. I anticipate our next trip after that won’t be for a few years due to live changes we’re undergoing and I’m sure it’ll be super exciting that time around too.

In our experience, it has changed, and we have changed. Prices are rough, finding time is tough, crowds are toughest. We’re not kids or teenagers or young adults anymore and our expectations and needs are different. We need and want more strolling time, more down time, more dining time so we just adjust.

DarthVader

Sith Lord
I'm going in April, the family and I are very excited. If I were to hazard a guess about future trips, it will probably occur after Star Wars opens up in late 2019. I'm thinking if anything sometime in 2020.

I'll probably look for value resort at this point, we've dipped our toes in the luxury resort category, and they're great but I think its time to pull back.

Let me just, that since crowds seem to be a major issue, i.e., more people, no slow times. I'm less likely to go as often as I had in the past. Its hard to justify spending a boatload of money just to be crushed and endure hour long waits in the FLA heat.

danyoung56

I feel like you are all lemmings heading to the cliff. It is because of all of this that things will not get better. Disney has gotten exactly what it wants. They have cut costs, cut quality, and raised prices. And nearly all of you are fully aware of this and yet you still pay an extraordinary amount of money that many of you admit is for a vastly inferior product than before.

If I were ever to choose to stop visiting, it would be because of my enjoyment level and not any attempt to punish Disney. In fact, it would be foolish for me to stop visiting just because I disagree with the way Disney does this or that. If the bad outweighs the good, then I stop going. But as long as I still have a good time, Disney will continue to get my money, and I don't see that changing in the foreseeable future.

DfromATX

Nope, we're going in June (7 of us, all over age 15). We go every few years and go other places in between. Maybe that helps in our love for it? I don't think I'd want to go every year like some people do, even if I could afford it. I'm pretty sure I want to go again in 2021 for MK 50th anniversary and to check out all the new stuff. I also have plans to take grand children that I don't have yet.

fluffy

I have only been to Disney 5 times in the last 35 years. We live in NJ so it's a long ride and we don't fly. It's also extremely expensive if you want to stay in a Deluxe Hotel which is what we prefer. Only stayed in one moderate and we didn't care for it. Going near Christmas this year and decided to cut the cost by staying at the Swan. I am sure we will get our fill of Disney and not return for several years. My husband is going to freak out when he finds out how long the lines are now. LOL so we may never return. ha! I remember the days back in the late 70's when a line was no more than 15 or 20 minutes for any ride in the park. Those were the days.

jimbojones

I have only been to Disney 5 times in the last 35 years. We live in NJ so it's a long ride and we don't fly. It's also extremely expensive if you want to stay in a Deluxe Hotel which is what we prefer. Only stayed in one moderate and we didn't care for it. Going near Christmas this year and decided to cut the cost by staying at the Swan. I am sure we will get our fill of Disney and not return for several years. My husband is going to freak out when he finds out how long the lines are now. LOL so we may never return. ha! I remember the days back in the late 70's when a line was no more than 15 or 20 minutes for any ride in the park. Those were the days.
As a kid visiting in the early to mid 80s we would do rides over and over again, just hop right back in line and do it three or four times. One morning my brother and I rode thunder mountain 10 times, no line worth calling a line. Those were the days indeed!

jloucks

so with all the post on the parks being anything between "disappointing to bad" has anyone made the decision to not go back to WDW?

I've actually got two trips plan this year.
I have not been in going on two years now. For me, it is the crowds, followed by the buses. Just not something I am up for annually anymore.

Will I go again? Sure, very likely. It just takes more time to build up a tolerance. :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom