Snow White to Close Thursday, May 31

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
How awesome would it have been if WDI had decided to incorporate both the Seven Drawfs Mine Train AND an updated, 21st century version of Snow Whites Scary Adventure into the new hillside complex. Having the two attractions intertwine (on multi levels) throughout would have really given the Fantasyland expansion even more depth.

DisneyDebNJ

This has got to be one of the most touching stories, if not the MOST touching story about a Disney family, ever!!! Good luck to Ben!! (I say we all start a petition, to get Disney to send Ben a mine cart!!!!) What a wonderful family!!!! :wave:

captainkidd

Odd that the sign says "Dream Builders". In this case, it should be "Dream Crushers".

I really was thinking about what a travesty this is. Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs is as much Walt Disney as Disneyland is. It was his first full length animated motion picture. In fact, it was the first full length animated feature ever. It's said to be the most viewed movie ever. Walt sunk every penny into creating that film. And to tear it down, regardless of what family thrill ride they are building, for a stupid meet and greet, it's just sickening.

hoke2007

First Mr Toad, now Snow White. (I love the winnie the pooh ride, but losing Mr Toad was rough). Maybe they will rip out Peter Pan next and replace it with a lovely Peter pan themed gift shop. It's frustrating to see TDO sinking so much money into M&Gs. I remember not too long ago when a M&G was seeing Mickey Mouse on Main Street and getting a picture with him. I am not a huge fan of waiting in hour long lines to see a character, especially when it comes at the expense of an attraction.

I understand that there is a high demand for M&Gs, but it is getting officially ridiculous when they are ripping out rides to put one in.

the-reason14

First Mr Toad, now Snow White. (I love the winnie the pooh ride, but losing Mr Toad was rough). Maybe they will rip out Peter Pan next and replace it with a lovely Peter pan themed gift shop. It's frustrating to see TDO sinking so much money into M&Gs. I remember not too long ago when a M&G was seeing Mickey Mouse on Main Street and getting a picture with him. I am not a huge fan of waiting in hour long lines to see a character, especially when it comes at the expense of an attraction.

I understand that there is a high demand for M&Gs, but it is getting officially ridiculous when they are ripping out rides to put one in.

I agree. Once again Disneyland proves it can be the better park. With so little space, not only do they still have Mr. Toad, they also have winnie the pooh, snow white, and a bucketload of other dark rides WDW has never seen or will see. As big as MK is compared to DL, it's really pathetic. And all DL had to lose was a show for Pooh. Oh well, more of a reason to go to Disneyland instead.

Timekeeper

The "rotating witch" (mirror effect in the beginning of the ride) wasn't working on my last visit a couple of weeks ago. Was it repaired for the last leg of the ride's operation?

Lokheed

The "rotating witch" (mirror effect in the beginning of the ride) wasn't working on my last visit a couple of weeks ago. Was it repaired for the last leg of the ride's operation?

It was working fine on the last day.

I once saw the figures get 180 degrees out of sync for a few hours. You'd come in and both the queen and the hag were facing you, and then they would both spin around and turn their backs to you. It was oddly disturbing and unsettling.

Buried20KLeague

Watch a YouTube video of tokyo's Pooh and you won't love WDW's anymore. :(

puntagordabob

6a00d8341c68f553ef01310ff3f483970c-800wi_7998.jpg

And So...It Begins.....

Sad to be honest... wouldnt be so bad if the M&G was temporary and the track and such was hidden for future dark ride to go in there...

Kuhio

While I understand the sentiment around this very common statement made on these forums, being a regular at both parks (but more often DLR) makes me want to chime in for a moment and say that while DL management has been on a very welcome upswing since Lasseter showed up, it hasn't always been that way, and in some spots still has glaring issues to work out. . . . I agree that DL edges out MK in a lot of areas lately, but it's not such a simple generalization to say that Disneyland knows how to progress better than Disney World. If the current trend continues for a solid decade, then maybe I'll change my mind. But I truly believe that the pendulum will swing the other way eventually and back to the east coast, where it was not all that many years ago. If we're lucky they'll learn that they can actually show the same care for two domestic resorts equally, even!

Well put.

I've also been a regular at both DL and WDW (but more often WDW). If you take a look at the longer picture -- over the last 20+ years -- it's easier to see some of the changing shifts in priorities between the two resorts. While there are still numerous examples of head-scratchingly bad decisions at WDW with regard to expansions and refurbishments, there are also heartening signs as well.

HM GhostHostess

How awesome would it have been if WDI had decided to incorporate both the Seven Drawfs Mine Train AND an updated, 21st century version of Snow Whites Scary Adventure into the new hillside complex. Having the two attractions intertwine (on multi levels) throughout would have really given the Fantasyland expansion even more depth.

That is a good idea.

DocMcHulk

You can read their blog here:

http://www.shmoolok.com/Blog/tabid/62/EntryId/3/SW1K-The-Full-Story.aspx

There are a lot of entries, and I couldn't quickly locate the best one to specifically explain it all, but I'm sure it's there.

EDIT TO ADD: Here's what Attractions Magazine had about him in their write-up:

The ride’s biggest fan has to be Ben, a teen with autism who first started riding when he was 9. Ben has always loved watching Disney videos, so his parents decided to bring him to Disney World. When Ben entered the park, his parents noticed a great change for the better. Ben was happy and smiling more than ever before. His first ride at the park was Snow White’s Scary Adventures. When his parents noticed the change the Magic Kingdom brought to their son, they moved to Orlando and began visiting the park often. All the cast members working the attraction know Ben and his family from their frequent visits. As his favorite attraction, Ben has ridden Snow White’s Scary Adventures more than 3,451 times. Who could be more deserving of the last ride?

Wow. that's incredible. what an amazing story! It would seem absolutely fitting that he was the last rider.

Lokheed

Sorry. Worked all day Friday, then flew from Orlando to Charlotte that night. I've been at a conference all day today, just finished up the sessions. I need to get some dinner, and then I will work on the next piece. I intend to have it up early tomorrow morning before I catch my next flight.

Piebald

Watch a YouTube video of tokyo's Pooh and you won't love WDW's anymore. :(

This can't be emphasized enough. If anyone has never YouTube'd Tokyo's Pooh Ride it is...absolutely amazing. I mean I don't generally go on those kiddie rides but their ride perfectly brings to life the idea that if something is kick-______ enough, it will attract EVERYONE. It is to our Pooh ride what and Aston Martin is to a 1992 Geo Metro.

Oddly enough, I even watched one of their Splash Mountain videos and it was great to see all the effects working...

Buried20KLeague

This can't be emphasized enough. If anyone has never YouTube'd Tokyo's Pooh Ride it is...absolutely amazing. I mean I don't generally go on those kiddie rides but their ride perfectly brings to life the idea that if something is kick-______ enough, it will attract EVERYONE. It is to our Pooh ride what and Aston Martin is to a 1992 Geo Metro.

Oddly enough, I even watched one of their Splash Mountain videos and it was great to see all the effects working...

Notice the detail and effects literally within arms reach too. On both pooh and splash. Heck, in the que for Splash, there's a full AA owl literally two feet away, and it never gets touched. The respect the Japanese have for their surroundings is something to behold. LOVED it.

Edit to add: While you're youtubeing Tokyo stuff... Check out the Dreamlights parade at Tokyo Disneyland and The Voyage of Sinbad in Disney Sea. Then go ahead and cry yourself to sleep tonight.

I dare any of you to watch the Genie float in Dreamlights and not shed a tear.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom