Snow White to Close Thursday, May 31

ChrisFL

Premium Member
If I ever rode the original version, I don't remember it....but it looks really good/scary, wish I could have remembered.

We need to fly Martin to Tokyo to take some video for us...since I never take video while I'm there :brick:

Californian Elitist

It's very odd, isn't it? It's always baffled me. And now with WDW's Snow White closed for a meet n' greet (the same meet n' greet that Disneyland is also building where an old burger stand and dancefloor used to be), the classic dark ride count just got slashed by one third at WDW.

Fantasyland classic dark rides:

WDW - 2 (Pooh, Peter Pan)

Disneyland - 8 (Pooh, Peter Pan, Snow White, Mr. Toad, Pinnocchio, Alice in Wonderland, Roger Rabbit, Monsters Inc.)

TP, you forgot the Little Mermaid. So that's nine.:D

Tom

Beta Return
As promised, my edit of both WDW versions of SWSA. The more recent version I think you'll agree is stunning quality.

http://www.martinsvids.net/?p=720

Martin, can't you produce something that's just pure crap for once? I'm getting sick of your quality and thoroughness!

;)

Sadly the bosses at WDW have no nostalgia when it comes to rides. Remember WDW is not the park Walt built so it has more of the tourist feel. The removal of Snow White, Mr Toad and countless other rides instead of building is just the sad state of affairs in Orlando.

There is plenty of room to build especially since our park(s) are so much bigger than Disneyland and DCA. It really is a shame. :brick:

The "bosses" in WDW change more often than I can count, if you look at it on a global scale. But we all have to remember that the dollar is worth more than nostalgia to a team of people who answer only to a board and shareholders.

As for the MK, there really isn't that much room to build. The park is surrounded by infrastructure. They would have to move major roads and facilities to expand the park physically.

I'm nostalgic, but I also enjoy change when change is due. I wouldn't say that Pooh was a superior replacement for Toad, but it met the interest of the current generation of kids, who had no idea who the Toad characters were.

The Snow White one baffles me. I know we're getting a new Snow White attraction, but why close the existing one until the new one opens? The MnG isn't going to open quickly by any means, so why not push it off longer? They just reduced overall ride capacity in the park by removing a dark ride. That's the part I don't get.

TP, you forgot the Little Mermaid. So that's nine.:D

We're getting Mermaid too, so it'll be 9 to 3.

Tom

Beta Return

Just read it! So awesome. It's a shame the true identity of Snow White will likely not be known, but she needs some serious accolades for what sounds like an academy award winning performance.

I mean, if the entire crowd is teary eyed, and she knows exactly why, how she remained "Snow White" and in good composure is beyond comprehension.

Anxiously awaiting the rest....no pressure!

blm07

It's very odd, isn't it? It's always baffled me. And now with WDW's Snow White closed for a meet n' greet (the same meet n' greet that Disneyland is also building where an old burger stand and dancefloor used to be), the classic dark ride count just got slashed by one third at WDW.

Fantasyland classic dark rides:

WDW - 2 (Pooh, Peter Pan)

Disneyland - 8 (Pooh, Peter Pan, Snow White, Mr. Toad, Pinnocchio, Alice in Wonderland, Roger Rabbit, Monsters Inc.)

How are Roger Rabbit and Monsters Inc Fantasyland rides?

doctornick

Question that I haven't seen definitely answered: Will Snow White have here own M&G at the mine coaster? I think I read that she'd be at the "dwarves' cottage" for a M&G. Or is she going to be among the princesses utilizing the new hall that replaces SWSA?

LongtimeReader

Waiting for these blog entries is like waiting for answers from LOST. Geez, Lokheed, you sure know how to make a cliffhanger.

That Snow White was amazing. The photo of her from behind on the ride encapsulates it, her hands are in CLASSIC Snow-in-distress position. She needs a raise. ;)

The Empress Lilly

What a lovely Snow White. Disney's got some absolutely adorable princesses.

Kevin Yee's picture is the best, but this one is priceless too:
swsa_ben2.jpg

~ Alternatively, Disney could've just kept the ride open in the first place ~

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom