Snow White to Close Thursday, May 31

Tom

Beta Return
Therein lies a tale, but I don't want to give away the ending to the story. Stay tuned for my blog post about it in a few days. I can safely say it was somewhat more than 3,450.

Be sure to post the link here, or I'll completely forget to go read it :lol:

Tom

Beta Return
This definitely made me cry. If you guys were at Disneyland and I still worked there in Fantasyland, I would've let you ride three times in a row!

The applause was awesome. What a heartwarming, and much deserved, finale for SWSA.

MerlinTheGoat

Oh, and it may have been posted somewhere already but is there a ride through video of the ORIGINAL version of the ride??

I can only find one video of the original. Bit dark and shaky but you can make out some of it-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Th7LJFzG1o8

Tokyo Disneyland's Snow White ride actually has some similar elements to the original Magic Kingdom ride. Not entirely the same, but similar. It's still in operation as it originally was too-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHWW7_AyLQ8

Witchy Chick

Orlando Attractions Magazine posted this video from last night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwlUhc6DsLg

Oh man, I am sitting here at my desk with tears in my eyes. That is wonderful that Ben (and your family) were the final riders. Amazing. Bravo, Disney!!

Therein lies a tale, but I don't want to give away the ending to the story. Stay tuned for my blog post about it in a few days. I can safely say it was somewhat more than 3,450.

I'm intrigued (and I look forward to your blog post). :)

Witchy

captainkidd

That's exactly what made me cry. That applause. Wow... That was great to watch.

Makes me incredibly sad. That ride was a true Disney classic, one of the remaining few. To see it go almost feels like they killed another piece of Walt from the park.

I'll never understand it. So much dead space in the MK for another meet n' greet. Why it had to go there.

GLaDOS

I'll never understand it. So much dead space in the MK for another meet n' greet. Why it had to go there.

Running rides and meet and greets at the same time costs more money than closing the ride and replacing it with the meeting and greet. - TDO 3:16

Californian Elitist

Makes me incredibly sad. That ride was a true Disney classic, one of the remaining few. To see it go almost feels like they killed another piece of Walt from the park.

Yes, a definite classic and definitely some Walt is gone now. Supposedly there's all this space, but the Magic Kingdom refuses to actually use it, it seems. That doesn't make sense to me, whatsoever. And I'm not buying the whole "You can't have two rides from the same movie" excuse because Disneyland was able to pull that off with the Casey Jr. Train and Dumbo, along with the Teacups and Alice in Wonderland.

Buried20KLeague

Too tired to write about the epic day. Will take a few days for me to document the whole thing. But this picture sums it up for Ben's farewell to Snow White's Scary Adventure:

snow31MAY12.png

And THIS, ladies and gentleman, is why we keep going back to WDW... Even with the imperfections and frustrations many of us have about the place.

This is a perfect example of the magic of the parks. Even the most callous of us should be able to agree on that.

Bravo to TDO for making this a special day for Ben. They didn't have to do it, but they did.

:sohappy:

Now, let's hope they don't try to exploit it via PR and marketing. I reserve the right to change my opinion, should they do so. :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom