Signature Drink at Gaston's

SirLink

Some of you are complaining that its not authentic enough to 18th century France?? Seriously?? In case you forgot you are in the land of make believe called WDW. What do you suggest? Champagne and wine? Well WDW is a dry park in case you forgot that also.

How about less mango and passion fruit foam and replaced with a simple vanilla foam. Or how about something like black cherry with a vanilla foam.

We are arguing that the like of mango and passion fruit doesn't fit in to the time period at which Beauty and the Beast was set, but once again show is overruled for efficiency. Similar to why is a Cinnamon roll being served when the origin of that particular food item is Swedish, especially when they could serve individual Tarte Tatin instead.

lazyboy97o

I have to totally disagree with you. They can not serve Champagne and wine, so you are suggesting a grape drink to be more authentic? Really? that sounds pretty gross to me.
They choose not to serve wine. That does not mean a specialty beverage needs to totally disregard the theme. There are options. Doc's Wild Grape Tonic was merely a quick suggestion based on something closer in connection with the environment of the story. There are even non-alcoholic wines and sparkling grape juices which could be utilized. There were more options that just reproducing the most marketed of the Cars Land drinks.

How about less mango and passion fruit foam and replaced with a simple vanilla foam. Or how about something like black cherry with a vanilla foam.

We are arguing that the like of mango and passion fruit doesn't fit in to the time period at which Beauty and the Beast was set, but once again show is overruled for efficiency. Similar to why is a Cinnamon roll being served when the origin of that particular food item is Swedish, especially when they could serve individual Tarte Tatin instead.
Yep, but kids like apple juice and cinnamon rolls.

Avenger117

I'm pretty excited about the tavern, the drink sounds good too! My only gripe is a small one, but the steins/mugs are lackluster. I don't think its a big deal that its served at DCA though. I'm starting to think people are just looking for reasons to complain,

wiigirl

Next time I go back I must get that Gaston cup!

Me too! :)
75.gif

SirNim

We are arguing that the like of mango and passion fruit doesn't fit in to the time period at which Beauty and the Beast was set, but once again show is overruled for efficiency.
Why not double-down on the cinnamon flavor? If the base is an apple juice, why not a spiced apple & cinnamon juice ("cider") with a HONEY foam emulsion on top?

That'd be delicious and somewhat authentic to its thematic European environs. Mead/cider-like.

SirLink

Why not double-down on the cinnamon flavor? If the base is an apple juice, why not a spiced apple & cinnamon juice ("cider") with a HONEY foam emulsion on top?

That'd be delicious and somewhat authentic to its thematic European environs. Mead/cider-like.

I like your idea or how about we go further and have:
  • 'LeFou’s Light Brew' be the spiced apple & cinnamon juice ("cider") with a HONEY foam
  • 'LeFou’s Amber Brew' be a spiced pear with a caramel foam
  • 'LeFou’s Dark Brew' be a black cherry and vanilla foam.
There is plenty of options available with a slight vision, but 'One Disney' must rule the roost. Hopefully change will smash the One Disney idea into many pieces.

SirNim

• 'LeFou’s Light Brew' be the spiced apple & cinnamon juice ("cider") with a HONEY foam
There is plenty of options available with a slight vision, but 'One Disney' must rule the roost. Hopefully change will smash the One Disney idea into many pieces.

Good sir, I think we're onto something. lol Like I always say, 'two sirs make a right!' 'One Disney' is not and never shall be bueno. :/

alissafalco

I like these ideas also. Would it make everyone happy if they served this along with the apple juice and cinnamon rolls that kids like?? Would that be ok then??

SirLink

Good sir, I think we're onto something. lol Like I always say, 'two sirs make a right!' 'One Disney' is not and never shall be bueno. :/

Good sir I quite agree and we probably spent less time on this decision than WDW Food and Beverage management. WE can but hope that good change happens when/if management starts to get kicked to the curb.

SirLink

I like these ideas also. Would it make everyone happy if they served this along with the apple juice and cinnamon rolls that kids like?? Would that be ok then??

Yes serving apple juice is fine never had a problem - had some fine freshly pressed apple juice in the Normandy region of France. I do have a problem with Cinnamon rolls, not only because they are Swedish of origin, but especially because Tarte Tatin exists and is French. And has an exquisite gorgeous crisp pastry, gooey caramel and soft apples on the top. :)

Lets try and educate kids about trying different things especially on vacation/holiday. Especially when they could buy a Cinnamon roll@Main Street and take it to Gastons.

lazyboy97o

The problem is not so much that these items themselves are being served. Food offerings has long been one where theme is bent around a little. The problem is emphasizing these items as though they enhance the theme, when they are not at all related. This is made worse because France has such a rich culinary history from which dishes and beverages could be drawn.

Gracy_hm

The main point is they taste good. Further more these drinks I am sure were developed ina test kitchen and then market tested and I am certain some of your guys ideas came up. Its not on the menu because they didn't work. This has proven to work as a beverage at CARSLAND and it will work here too no doubt.

SleepingMonk

If you're going to copy something from your competitor, which they undeniably are, the least you could do is improve on the concept in some small way.

Disney actually took a step backward and used the cheapest cups their vendor could find and went with the cheapest juice they could pump from the Sysco food truck.

Cost cutting wins again, what a joke.

sponono88

Red's Apple Freeze is really good (think of it as an apple-flavored icee drink) but it can also be very sweet. I'm not sure if it would be my first choice of drink to wash down those cinnamon rolls. Regardless i'm sure it will be very popular at Gaston's.

SleepingMonk

The main point is they taste good. Further more these drinks I am sure were developed ina test kitchen and then market tested and I am certain some of your guys ideas came up. Its not on the menu because they didn't work. This has proven to work as a beverage at CARSLAND and it will work here too no doubt.

:D

They got a bulk rate and simplified ordering and stock numbers by going with something already in use at other parks.

Taste and quality had nothing to do with it.

lazyboy97o

And yet Universal was able to come up with Butterbeer and Energon, and for Disneyland Disney was even capable of creating other specialty drinks for Cars Land.

Adam5897

They should be embarrased with these cups they are so cheap and it upsets me that Disney has come to be this cheap. They make a beatiful building decorate it to look like gaston tavern everything is perfect and then theres these cups... I have no problem with copying drinks though

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom