Signature Drink at Gaston's

SirLink

Meh.. that's not a drink unique to DL.. it's just serving a common drink in an area where it makes sense. That's like selling Dole Pinnapple in the tiki area.

Butterbeer was a creation.. taking something only from a book and creating a real world version of it to establish it real. Mint Juleps (for real) predate DL by over a century.

Ya do know Butterbeer isn't from the mind of J.K.Rowling, don't cha? Butterbeer is a real world drink from over here(UK) since the Tudor era. J.K.R just read about and placed the drink inside the books.

http://recipewise.co.uk/buttered-beere-1588

So it would be like selling the Disneyland Mint Julep in NOS

flynnibus

Premium Member
Well, to be fair, it says "Butterbeer" on the sides, but the logo is tasteful and it fits the decor of the restaurant. And yes, while it IS plastic, it definitely looks to be better made than the Gaston's cups.

The standard serving cup is a clear cup like you'd find at any keg party :). Alas with some screen printing on it. Nothing to jump over. The refill mug really isn't much better. But I think the difference is uni didn't go for 'themed' here... Just practical. Disney went 'themed' but went to the local dollar store for something they put up on a pedestal. Complete bonehead move on their part.

SirLink

But is it simple name sharing is intended to be the same?

Honestly I do not know...

Well the Tudor version of Butterbeer, does have that warming effect that is described in the books - as well as tasting a bit like Christmas cake due to spices that are added.

The traditional version tastes like it is supposed to in the books, and as much I love the in parks version - doesn't have the warming effect.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom